Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

HEIGHT Discrimination (re-posting properly for discussion)

So I happened to come across this twitter account that compiled a list of tweets from women about short guys and if you scroll through it starts out as pretty funny not going to lie but then it becomes downright hateful and hurtful even if you have a thick skin. Please have a look through!

https://twitter.com/heightismxposed?lang=en

Keep in mind this tells you a lot about the quality of the women that posted that stuff and the tweets are handpicked from the "worst".

Nevertheless, if my online and real life dating experience as a short guy has taught me anything is that even though most women are not as crude as those on that twitter account, the vast majority still discriminate against height and lash out at you for even sending them a message. It's fine not being attracted to shorter guys but why lash out?? It's a harsh truth for shorter guys, particularly in online dating.

One argument would be that guys are just as crude and discriminate just as much about a girls' weight in the dating world. But how can that even be compared? For the vast majority of people you can improve your eating habits and exercise regularly to achieve a healthy weight. But how can you control your height which is what you're genetically stuck with from the moment you're born in our current world?

This happens in real life too. Recently I simply smiled in a very friendly way at a girl at a bar and got a swift response: "Don't even look at me you short f%$k. Grow taller". I mean is this bullying or should I take it as something else? Should I try to brush it off or what?

Ladies, it's totally within your control to make the world a better place and make a short guy's day by being nice to them more often than not. Turn them down respectfully!
    Last edited by Concerned Gnome; 2017-03-23 at 02:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Discrimination is ok when any people besides white men do it.

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    As a fellow manlet (5'5.5"/169cm) I think that when people judge you like that it's a good indicator that they're not worth your time anyway.

So are women supposed to be upset when a man doesn't find her attractive because of the size/lack of size/shape of her breasts and buttocks and thighs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    So are women supposed to be upset when a man doesn't find her attractive because of the size/lack of size of her breasts and buttocks and thighs?
    I'd say that you should apply the rule "treat people the way you'd like to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I'd say that you should apply the rule "treat people the way you'd like to be treated."
    I'd like hot men to spank me while asking me "who's your daddy?". Should I treat others this way?

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So are women supposed to be upset when a man doesn't find her attractive because of the size/lack of size/shape of her breasts and buttocks and thighs?
    There's a difference from not being attracted to someone and being hostile to them because of that.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

"In the U.S. population, about 14.5 percent of all men are six feet or over. Among CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, that number is 58 percent."

Unless being taller makes you somehow better in business, there's clearly a "glass ceiling" for short men.

Anyway, we all have unique challenges to overcome, it's part of growing as a person.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like hot men to spank me while asking me "who's your daddy?". Should I treat others this way?
    Go for it, that's how you're more likely to find like-minded individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by -MDH- View Post
    There's a difference from not being attracted to someone and being hostile to them because of that.
    I agree, hostility is plain unnecessary when it comes to relaying that you are not attracted to someone, unless that someone doesn't stop harassing you and insisting you should be attracted to them, at which point, hostility might be the recourse needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/ARboogy/status/491386917003329536

This one is so fucking true though for some short people.. I know a guy who is 5 foot and he is so controlling and demanding.

As a fellow manlet (5'5.5"/169cm) I think that when people judge you like that it's a good indicator that they're not worth your time anyway.
    Hmm, but that's almost the average height.

Yes. Please.

6'4 guy here.

I don't date short girls usually, 5'7 and up or you're not worth the neck strain.

Take that, female heightism!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    Hmm, but that's almost the average height.
    Average height in australia is 6.6cm taller, statistic gets worse when you cross over to europe, and better when you cross over to asia.

Simply put, I'm typically fairly short compared to my peers.

Idk, most of those comments are not really reality shaking as to be 'downright scary'. Pft. Please.

Long Answer: People are mostly stupid, shallow and concerned with their own lives because they have limited capacity to live outside themselves. We all do to varying degrees. Life is long, complicated and we are all limited by a given biology, resources and the random rigmarole of just living out our 100% insignificant lives. Ego, people behave in a way that is less than graceful... often. Most of the time.

Short Answer: People are jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Short Answer: People are jerks.
    Why the answer gotta be short!?

Average height in australia is 6.6cm taller, statistic gets worse when you cross over to europe, and better when you cross over to asia.

Simply put, I'm typically fairly short compared to my peers.
    I see. I assumed you are American for some reason.
    I think the ignorance of some posters here is contagious.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, this so-called "discrimination" is basically just chics explaining that they don't like short men? News flash: Everyone has specific things they're attracted to. If someone's not into you because of some aspect of your appearance, too bad. No one has an obligation to be with someone they're not attracted to and, in fact, there's no logic reason to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    People are mostly stupid, shallow and concerned with their own lives because they have limited capacity to live outside themselves.
    "Shallow" is a word people use as a defense for rejection.

Some of those tweets are down right nasty, would serve them right if their sons fall under what they call "short"