Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ztranger View Post
    I'm pretty sure you are wrong, the game is not about competition for the majority of players.
    It is for some people, and Legion has severely hurt the competitive aspect thanks to the absurdly uneven playing field in terms of gear. Doesn't matter if it's a majority or not, it's possible to cater to both at the same time(because the ones that aren't competitive don't care in the first place, so balancing it for the competitive ones hurts nobody)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    This is a different type of threshold in RNG we've never had such barriers in place when it came to playing different specs of your class as we do in Legion. Let alone to be able to play with alts at the same level as your main with limited time investment (as we have been doing for the last 10 years)
    yes you did, if you wanted to play a bear tank you needed tanking leather
    if you wanted to play a heal druid you needed spirit cloth gear
    welcome to wrath

This is a different type of threshold in RNG we've never had such barriers in place when it came to playing different specs of your class as we do in Legion. Let alone to be able to play with alts at the same level as your main with limited time investment (as we have been doing for the last 10 years)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    You mean other than Blizzard increasing the level of RNG in Legion by an insane amount compared to previous expansions?
    Who gets to decide where the line should be drawn? I've heard "this time Blizzard has gone too far" for years. It's hard to take this seriously. It may seem like this time "it's obvious" and that it "goes far beyond anything Blizzard has done before", but to anyone who doesn't feel that it's a big deal, it sounds like the same old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

The rich get richer and the poor stay poor.
    So your definition of the "rich" is someone who has no legendary?

If Johny got 2 unholy-specific legendaries, after 7.2 hits he can swap specs to frost get 2 frost legendaries (fairly quickly because of badluck protection being at its strongest at +0,+1.) then he can swap to blood and get 2 quick blood legendaries because of aforementioned reasoning. Now johny potentially has 6 legendaries with not much time investment.

Why is this ok?
    You are speculating.

lol almost all of my warriors legendaries are shared across all three specs. I have the bracers, neck, shoulders and belt(that doesn't share with prot). It sucks. I just stopped playing my warrior since my gaming group swapped over to Planetside 2 to accommodate our groups desire for large scale group pvp. I started leveling my Shadow Priest that I had played for 11 years. I should have stuck with him since the beginning, hopefully with my spriest, I'll get better luck.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    So they took a bad system from the worst "expansion" and extended it to cover literally the entire game? Yeah, I wouldn't call that a good thing.
    Never said it was a good thing. Even I don't like it and I have 2 of the best legendaries.

Deleted
    I have 6 dps legendary and I want a good utility one for difficult content. Because your probably have more wipes because someone die than someone doing 3% less dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    For you perhaps. You can't speak for others.
    And it is also about completing raids when you progress and have several 1 or 2% wipes and people start asking why you do 5% less dps than the equally geared other player of the spec with bis legendaries.
    you still dont need legendaries so that isnt the culprit

- - - Updated - - -

Excuse me but who are you to tell me what the game is about? Let people choose what they want to play for and if that's for competition with the use of 3rd party sites then so be it????
    Yea I mean thats cool that you want to play another game inside of this one but it definitely shouldnt affect other peoples gameplay who solely play world of warcraft and ignore world of logs/graph craft

Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    ''Design a flawed system, release it. Wait for the outrage from the customers to commence, try to fix it and fail miserably. '' - Activision Blizzard 2008 - present.
    "No matter what Blizzard does, we must bitch and moan, regardless of merit"
    WoW Whiners 2008-Present

Quote Originally Posted by Seliar View Post
    Have you ever been raiding? It seems like you have no clue how this game works. Let's say you have some 1-2% wipes and you are that one guy who only have utility legendaries and so you are only doing 600k dps while the second lowest guy does 700k, guess who will be replaced.

- - - Updated - - -

The rogue shoulder legendary, which increases the dps by 10-15% says hello. Do you want to call that as a "more or less utility" legendary too?
    I dont play with people who are going to replace me over 1-2% dps lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    OP is a bit off with how you use some words.

Blizzard is not punishing anybody. For them to punish somebody, they need to make the current version worse for them, which they are not, so no punishing. The absence of buffs, is not automatic a nerf. With these legendary changes, somebody will find it easier to get legendaries but only undtil a pretty decent lvl. Nobody is getting unfair upgrades and nobody is gonna get an unfair advantage, and to be fair, most of us here are not even gonna be affected by this change in the game, since we already got our legendary limit or is not in a position where getting 4 legendaries is that important.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    you misunderstand the purpose of legendaries. They arent meant to be targetted and there is no such thing as a bad legendary. If you get a utility legendary its still an upgrade over the epic you were wearing so you should be happy and lose the entitled attitude. If someone gives you 5 dollars when you dont need any then that isnt punishing you. Sure it would be nice to have 20 but you got 5 and you didnt need any. Legendaries are all benefit and no punishment unless you have something better than 940
    Wrong on every level. If in a room of 10 people you give someone 5 dollars and the rest 20 dollars you are being punished

Fundamentally competative games have been about effort and skill.
    Last edited by Kreeshak; 2017-03-23 at 06:23 AM.

you still dont need legendaries so that isnt the culprit

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I mean thats cool that you want to play another game inside of this one but it definitely shouldnt affect other peoples gameplay who solely play world of warcraft and ignore world of logs/graph craft
    And in what possible way would balancing legendaries affect people who don't care in the first place? Also, yes, you definitely do need legendaries, and having bad ones instead of the best ones is pretty shitty, because you lose a stupid amount of damage purely because of that fact.
    It's also not a "different game", the 3rd party websites aren't what create the competition, they just make it easier to keep track of. Just because you aren't competitive about how you do in WoW doesn't mean others can't be or shouldn't be allowed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    So your definition of the "rich" is someone who has no legendary?

You are speculating.
    No, that's not speculation, that's a possible scenario based on what we've been told by Blizzard.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    If Johny got 2 unholy-specific legendaries, after 7.2 hits he can swap specs to frost get 2 frost legendaries (fairly quickly because of badluck protection being at its strongest at +0,+1.) then he can swap to blood and get 2 quick blood legendaries because of aforementioned reasoning. Now johny potentially has 6 legendaries with not much time investment.
    What does he gain from having 6 legendaries for different specs?
    Let's not pretend that the majority of the playerbase plays multiple specs... especially combined with how AP works and the general "obsessive-compulsive disorder" everyone seems to have about it.

The answer to my rhetoric question; he gets a small advantage in how he can cheat the ilvl requirement system and 4 additional legendaries he won't be using at all.

Also; it is not like he won't have any bad-luck protection... it will just stack slower.
    Also; what happens to Johny's mainspec when he somehow rolls only cross-spec/class legendaries on those offspecs? He pretty much ends up gimping himself, by also decreasing the bad-luck protection he will have with his mainspec.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-03-23 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    What does he gain from having 6 legendaries for different specs?
    Let's not pretend that the majority of the playerbase plays multiple specs... especially combined with how AP works and the general "obsessive-compulsive disorder" everyone seems to have about it.

The answer to my rhetoric question; he gets a small advantage in how he can cheat the ilvl requirement system and 4 additional legendaries he won't be using at all.
    He gets a massive advantage because he can switch between the 2 DPS specs based on which is stronger, this is especially noticeable with mages whose best spec has changed between all 3 this expansion already. A mage with 2 legendaries in each spec is much more powerful than one who has shared spec ones. This doesn't apply to the "majority" of the playerbase, because the majority of the playerbase isn't affected. This affects a the small segment who take the game seriously in a competitive sense, and could be fixed without negatively impacting the people who don't care in the first place. The "majority" of the playerbase is barely affected by most balance/power related changes, because most players are absolutely terrible(by the standards of somebody who takes the game seriously enough to go to fansites)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-03-23 at 06:48 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    If you had cross spec legendaries drop before 7.2 that means you could use those on multiple specs before 7.2 already and there is value in that, i'd say more value than getting 2 legendaries possibly couple weeks earlier in 7.2. The fact that you didn't value that or use them does not diminish that. You already have a smaller pool you are getting your next legs from, this really isn't that big of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    If you had cross spec legendaries drop before 7.2 that means you could use those on multiple specs before 7.2 already and there is value in that, i'd say more value than getting 2 legendaries possibly couple weeks earlier in 7.2. The fact that you didn't value that or use them does not diminish that. You already have a smaller pool you are getting your next legs from, this really isn't that big of a problem.
    Implying most cross-spec legendaries are even remotely close in terms of power/usefulness compared to spec specific ones. People who got lucky and got the right spec specific ones have it much better than people who got Prydaz/Sephuz.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Why is this ok?
    Well, Blizz did explain this. Prydaz+Sephuz etc can all be used in the other specs, and have their effects work. Where as say, the fire bracers, won't do anything for frost. So people who wish to change specs, aren't screwed over with a bunch of legendaries that do nothing. So in that sense it makes sense. It is a shame for people with bad mix-legendaries like norgs etc.

Like for example, on my hunter, I have Sephuz+Feign Death Helm+MM Boots+MMG Gloves+MM Ring+Trinket. I want to change to BM soon, as with the legendary shoulders it's stronger, but I can't switch like others and get insta legendaries. But to be fair, I have legendaries that work in BM initially, so atleast I have something. Sephuz+Trinket will be fine to tide me over until my rng comes around and I get a drop.

I agree. I have 6 legendaries and only two of them are spec specific and none of them are my BiS. I've put more effort into gearing and farming legendaries than anyone else in my guild and I'm the furthest behind in terms of ilvl and legendaries. We have multiple people in my guild that ended up rolling mid EN and not only surpassed me in gear but also have both of their BiS legendaries whereas I've been farming the content to hell since day one of Legion and I've just been shit on by RNG. I perform 90-99th percentile on pretty much every fight and I'm still just barely outperforming my guildies. This is as a boomkin at 891 ilvl, most of my guildies are performing in the low 70s or worse and they're beginning to catch up to me simply because they've had more luck with gear and the warriors occasionally beat me because of stupidly broken trinkets like DoS.

I've began just tanking most shit that I do lately because I practically never get gear for my main spec yet both my resto and guardian specs are nearly 10 ilvls higher. It's fucking aggravating working my ass off to try and get gear and getting nowhere because of RNG.

7+ Year Old Account
    you misunderstand the purpose of legendaries. They arent meant to be targetted and there is no such thing as a bad legendary. If you get a utility legendary its still an upgrade over the epic you were wearing so you should be happy and lose the entitled attitude. If someone gives you 5 dollars when you dont need any then that isnt punishing you. Sure it would be nice to have 20 but you got 5 and you didnt need any. Legendaries are all benefit and no punishment unless you have something better than 940
    Tell us again what kind of content clearing are you into when you play WoW, if you even do. Because you sound like the casual type to me with 0 insight into how the mindset of the creme de la creme of the raiding scene works.
    If this was purely a philosophical subject, maybe myself and many others would share your point of view, but when it comes down to the roots of the issue, you need to have experienced the subject in question for yourself in the right settings to even comprehend the magnificent failure of the entire system throughout legion, at least so far and for the foreseeable future (7.2).

I personally got dealt a rough hand on my DK main. The first 5 leges i got were the 4 utility ones, i.e - Aggramar's, Sephuz, AMS cloak, Prydaz. And then i got the useless Defile helm for unholy before i had to swap back to frost loot spec because of how overpowered BoS frost turned out to be and got my 6th lege, the frost bracers, 1 day before i decided to call it quits with mythic raiding. I went from pulling 95-99 percentiles in heroic/mythic EN/ToV to 60-80 in NH because of how much having the right legendaries amplified player power. It felt bad, seeing i couldn't do as well as i wanted to because my luck was holding me back significantly.

To a player like you(if i understood your approach to the game right), none of that will matter. But to any player who even remotely raids mythic NH and is 4-5+ bosses into progress knows the pain of not having the right tools for the job and that feeling of dragging the team down because you're not at your best. It's not a great feeling to have.

You could say that feeling always existed in WoW, and i'm inclined to agree. But you'll have to admit it was never at a scale such as it is in Legion.

All in all, i guess my point is that the direction they're taking the design further concerning legendaries, its disheartening.
    Adding a measly amount of secondary stats to existing utility legos wont make them feel better, and it certainly doesn't lower the power gap between the right and "wrong" legos by any respectable margin.

Here's to hoping they remedy this situation at least by 7.3.