Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You realise that is coming up for a million people and growing? Who hold views that are against Britain itself. This is not a few thousand EDL supporters.
    There are more British people than that living in Spain. In their own little enclaves, refusing to mix with the natives of that country, or in some instances even to bother to learn their language. I would say that the Muslim population is making a better effort at assimilation than large parts of the British diaspora.

And a group of people believing that things could possibly be done a little bit differently is not necessarily a bad thing. Our culture has developed by assimilating different parts (some good, some bad) from dozens, maybe even hundreds of cultures from around the world. We get new viewpoints coming in, that shake things up a bit, then in the good old pragmatic way that we Brits have, we take the best bits of the new culture and add them to our melange.

You are acting as if Britain is some perfect symbol of all that is great in the world, and that it needs to be frozen from this point forward. Personally I think there are quite a lot of aspects of British culture that could stand a bit of alteration. The bull-headed racism that some people can't seem to shift, for one.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    There are more British people than that living in Spain. In their own little enclaves, refusing to mix with the natives of that country, or in some instances even to bother to learn their language. I would say that the Muslim population is making a better effort at assimilation than large parts of the British diaspora.
    How many of those British people in Spain think a theocracy is the way forward? Or hold values that are anathema to Spanish culture?

And a group of people believing that things could possibly be done a little bit differently is not necessarily a bad thing. Our culture has developed by assimilating different parts (some good, some bad) from dozens, maybe even hundreds of cultures from around the world. We get new viewpoints coming in, that shake things up a bit, then in the good old pragmatic way that we Brits have, we take the best bits of the new culture and add them to our melange.
    This is not some enlightened culture we are talking about, there is absolutely nothing of value to be gained, we are centuries beyond Islam bringing anything beneficial to the UK.

You are acting as if Britain is some perfect symbol of all that is great in the world, and that it needs to be frozen from this point forward. Personally I think there are quite a lot of aspects of British culture that could stand a bit of alteration. The bull-headed racism that some people can't seem to shift, for one.
    I have lived and travelled in the Middle East, racism is rife, far more so and far more unpleasant than what you would typically see in the UK. It is not about freezing British culture, it is about importing positive traits, rather than negative ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Something a bit more light hearted, saw this on reddit, apparently this was from the BBC live stream.

hot fuzz anyone?

sure thing!

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

How many of those British people in Spain think a theocracy is the way forward? Or hold values that are anathema to Spanish culture?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...ing-fears.html

Just a small example of nearly two thirds of ex-pats over in Spain not trusting the local banks. Wow, they really should just fit in with however the local banks work, shouldn't they? Even if they know they could be better?

This is not some enlightened culture we are talking about, there is absolutely nothing of value to be gained, we are centuries beyond Islam bringing anything beneficial to the UK.
    I would have a good hard look at Sharia finance, if I were you. One area off the top of my head where I think they are actually well ahead of us.

I have lived and travelled in the Middle East, racism is rife, far more so and far more unpleasant than what you would typically see in the UK. It is not about freezing British culture, it is about importing positive traits, rather than negative ones.
    Absolutely, we want to import the positive traits. But if we just foolishly think of them as being so far beneath us that we have nothing to learn from them, finding positive traits is going to be tough, isn't it? And we don't have to worry about importing their racism, I feel like we have plenty of the home-grown version already.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Decent summary to show context to our non-UK people :

Terrorists are so incompetent...

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Hardly to imply that after:

Have you never read these very forums!?!?

Jesus Christ - your proof is all around you! >_<

But, ok, if that is truly not what you meant, I apologize.
    Correct, as said there - I wasn't saying it was everyone as you were believing. :P All around you =/= everyone. Also forums (much like youtube comments and Redit) tend to attract some of the worst of the worst, particularly with anonymity attached. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...ing-fears.html

Just a small example of nearly two thirds of ex-pats over in Spain not trusting the local banks. Wow, they really should just fit in with however the local banks work, shouldn't they? Even if they know they could be better?
    Who trusts banks? And how is that anything like wanting a theocracy?

I would have a good hard look at Sharia finance, if I were you. One area off the top of my head where I think they are actually well ahead of us.
    I deal with takaful, it is not any more advanced than traditional Western insurance.

Absolutely, we want to import the positive traits. But if we just foolishly think of them as being so far beneath us that we have nothing to learn from them, finding positive traits is going to be tough, isn't it?
    What could we learn?

You have the superficial aspects, like clothing - my girlfriend is not going to go with the ninja outfits. Or cuisine - we imported tea without having to import Chinese people.

How about other, more serious parts? You have honour killings - I doubt women are keen. Legalised wife beating - yeah...not going to be a vote winner. Testimony of women being worth less than that of a man - not sure the ladies will like that. Blasphemy laws - we got rid of them due to how outdated they were. Death for apostasy - fuck no.

And we don't have to worry about importing their racism, I feel like we have plenty of the home-grown version already.
    Our racism is like infant school banter in comparison.
    Last edited by Kalis; 2017-03-22 at 10:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    At this particular moment in time, authorities are still working tirelessly to figure out what Mohammed Abdul Hakim Sadiq's motive was for this attack.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by patriothammer View Post
    At this particular moment in time, authorities are still working tirelessly to figure out what Mohammed Abdul Hakim Sadiq's motive was for this attack.
    Is that the guys name? Who was he?

So the attacker wasn't the Trevor dude?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    He has been confirmed as being in prison and Channel 4 News have issued an apology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

We still got no name, I think.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by patriothammer View Post
    "Acting Metropolian Police Deputy Commissioner and Head of Counter Terrorism Mark Rowley said there was only one attacker who authorities believe was "inspired by international terrorism."

I think it is pretty clear what the motive is. :P

Deleted

no, that name is from some old image ive seen, its just a made up muslim name, poking fun of the media and people who say they were not sure what the motive was, when its clear.

Im not saying its clear in this case though, just the meaning behind the image that name comes from.

well luckily London has a wonderful immigration policy so more of these attacks can happen. In fact it will just be a way of life according to the mayor. http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/money/...ies/vp-BBwApA5
    maybe if you are a jihadist they are, but not in any civilized society.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    well luckily London has a wonderful immigration policy so more of these attacks can happen. In fact it will just be a way of life according to the mayor. http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/money/...ies/vp-BBwApA5
    maybe if you are a jihadist they are, but not in any civilized society.
    Last time someone attacked westminster was a white guy called Guy Fawkes, so keep your anti muslim racist crap to yourself, you absolute idiot

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-03-23 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Last time someone attacked Westminster was a white guy called Guy Fawkes, so keep your anti muslim racist crap to yourself, you absolute idiot
    1605 called, they want their 412 years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Last time someone attacked westminster was a white guy called Guy Fawkes, so keep your anti muslim racist crap to yourself, you absolute idiot
    It was a Muslim attacker, as usual. All the liberals were trying to say "we don't know who did it" but witnesses say otherwise. Maybe after a dozen more attacks, or when someone you care about is the victim you and other liberals will open your eyes and see the truth. Are all Muslims terrorists? No. Are most terrorists Muslim? YUP. Should they be profiled because of it? YUP. Those that aren't terrorists have nothing to fear.

Sooo...any casualties? What is the last situation? There is almost no info at OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Sooo...any casualties? What is the last situation? There is almost no info at OP.
    Last count was he killed 2-3 with his car, and then jumped out and killed a police man with a knife. He was then shot by other police and killed. So total dead are 4-5, a few very badly injured, and a bunch more injured.

Pictures came out and lets just say, he looks like he is from an area where Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism are not the majority religions...

Edit, its confirmed 5 dead now.
    Last edited by Cruor; 2017-03-23 at 03:30 AM.

Deleted
    So, the Parliament that has been supporting "rebels" n "freedom fighters" for god knows how long get a taste of their own medicine? That's Karma.

My message is this: STOP SUPPORTING TERRORISTS, but since no parliamentarians died but innocent bystanders, I doubt anything will change.