Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I actually enjoyed being the underdog when I had a Horde alt on Frostmourne a few years before Aus/NZ players got their own servers. :P

Eh, I get you but you signed up for world pvp when you chose that server and agreed to online changes with the EULA. The servers should never be fully alliance or horde controlled and I'm glad they are actually CRZing them. Also, Blackrock is a low-med pop realm and I still see just as many Alliance and Horde out in the world when doing my WQs/dungeon.

I hate to sound like a parrot, but maybe transferring off the PVP server is your best bet. The reason I keep an Alliance alt on Proudmoore is to do farming/WQs in peace when I don't feel like pvping.
    If it was *one* realm it'd be fine. It isn't. It's two plus a *massive* cluster of six or seven servers. Server CRZ is, for all intents and purposes, completely horde dominant - that you see more alliance than you did before CRZ is largely irrelevant to that.

WPVP is fine. Not being able to use a FP because there's *always* 20-30 horde ganking the major ones that aren't even on your server is annoying as fuck.

People say they do them for "fun", problem is they're not actually fun. Personally, I have limited time to play so I'm not going to use it doing something that I don't find rewarding, whether that be a pet or achievement or whatever. I spend time RPing, I don't get anything tangible from that but it's still valuable to me. These mini holidays don't have any value for me.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Were Micro Holidays a complete failure?
    Don't know. Don't care. Never did.

Pretty much everything Blizzard has done in the past 5 years has been a total failure.

Artifact Grind
    World Quests giving epics for rewards
    Legendary... lol
    WoD in it's entirety
    Handling (removal) of flight

WoW is in such dire shape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ungoro Madness was terrible, the hippogryph thing was fine, I heard good things about AQ but I didn't participate in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    When these were first announced i was on the fence about these as most of them seemed like a waste of time. I know i will get some grumblings about how they are "fun" blah blah. Seems like as a whole the time spent on these could had been better utilized somewhere else. After looking at the poll on the front page it seems a majority do no like them at all. While i know the poll does not consult the whole wow populous but the results of a poll with nearly 40,000 votes and be taken lightly. Polls with a sample size this large tend to show the overall direction something went pretty well, and in the case of this it looks like it was a fail.
    The thing that bothers me the most is that every single micro-holiday could have been another world quest thrown into the mix instead of a limited time filler event. They like to say "Theses are just for fun", but every little piece of time the waste creating garbage like that is one less thing added to current content that actually matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why reward a pet or mount when it can be added to the store.

I did not do a single one

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There are plenty of things which have been done for years, which are simply "unrewarding".
    But it hasn't stopped players who aren't you from doing them.
    Achievements, exploration, climbing a mountain without flying simply because they can.

It is simply petty to single out micro-holidays.

It is selfish to argue that something is a waste if it doesn't appeal to you personally.

By that argument of a "lack of participation" - if those poll figures are accurate then how about we ask for removal of mythic raiding.
    See how well that argument goes down.

As for visibility, there is the calendar but that isn't enough.
    Maybe a chat message on logging in.
    I don't think something as substantial as city decorations is justified given the completely unrewarding nature of the events.
    How do you think they should be made more visible.
    TBH I figure most of the people that are willing to waste a ton of time on achievements and exploration are probably the exact same people who are wasting time doing micro holidays. Those that don't care about such things probably aren't going to care too much about a micro holiday either.

And bringing up Mythic raiding with me doesn't matter, I don't do it, so you aren't going to get some big argument from me if that was the reason to bring it up. Much like Micro Holidays I could care less if it exists or not.

None of it changes the fact that most players simply aren't going to waste time on something that offers no reward when they can be using that exact same time to gain one. Thing is it doesn't even need to be a big reward, heck to me something like this just screams out transmog gear. Perfect opportunity to update an old vanilla set or something that resembles the area or old level range of the area. It doesn't need to be much, but offering absolutely zero long term, generally isn't a way to have high participation from an event. This isn't new or some big change in the MMO genre, people didn't waste time on this sort of thing in SWG either if it didn't offer something tangible, and that game was the poster child of wasting lots of time on nothing.

As far as making it more visible, just stick an NPC by the bank or mailbox in major cities just like you do with DMF. People don't need much to get their attention, but they need something.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Where are you getting access that shows 11%? You can't use MMO-C as the bar of what the community actually does. I'd be surprised if most of the micro's are even above 5%
    I was using the MMO-C Bar since the OP was using the MMO-C bar.

By the logic of what MMO-C shows it could be less, it could be more. Everyone on my B.net has checked out at least one of the events, a few of them have checked them all out. My Guild also had a group of people doing both the Hippogryph and Un'goro ones.

I really don't take MMO-C graphs as a true representation much of the time anyway since there are a lot of salty idiots that don't play that just tank the graphs anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    People say they do them for "fun", problem is they're not actually fun.
    Wow, imagine if the word fun was totally subjective! IMAGINE!

Cross realm zones has made them just a huge PVP clusterfuck. Fuck off cross realm zones.

I think they could use a little more... pizazz? Something to make them more interesting? I tried the Scarab Wall one and the Un'goro one; in both cases I was there for maybe 15-20 minutes before thinking "is that all?"

- - - Updated - - -

As far as rewards, they wouldn't need to offer anything that was a power gain. Just some sort of souvenir: transmog, title, toy, etc. Something to give us an objective to reach for.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Probably didn't take many resources to implement (most likely a side project for someone) so they really can't "fail"

10+ Year Old Account
    If they had a meta achievement for completing all of them or something then they would've been cool. But it's all for temporary shit so that's stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with micro holidays for me is that my realm is cross realmed with 2 or 3 of the heaviest horde populated realms in North America. Basically, I'm not allowed to take part in them, so I no longer bother trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Yeup. Blackrock, Firetree, and another server that's usually not as bad as them.

on the plus side, the horde are *really* easy to kill provided they're not in packs of 50 since they think they're amazing because of numbers. Fun times killing 5+ horde that think they're good because they ganked with 20+ once.
    lol /10char

As a whole I think it's fine. However the Un'Goro event just wasn't fun.

I loved the Hippogryph event though, and the AQ event on my server/shard/whatever had some surprisingly fun WPvP (I normally hate WPvP). It should also be noted that I'm on a PvE server but a lot of people flagged up because of the weird silithid collecting thing, so there wasn't any bullshit CRZ causing one faction to completely be unable to participate.

So I enjoyed 2/3, I'd say that's far from failure.
    Last edited by Not A Cat; 2017-03-23 at 05:00 AM.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    How can something like this be a "complete failure"????

If you enjoy it...play it.
    If you don't...then don't?

I bet you are the same people complaining when there's nothing to do too....

Blizzard game design meeting

"Hey, I came up with this great idea, let's do these short events that give no reward and call them micro holidays, whattaya say?"
    "What a brilliant idea, of course we can't go wrong with this one, if there's no reward, there's no disappointment, right?"
    "Well, good job everybody, another great day designing games!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    How can something like this be a "complete failure"????
    Something that's experienced by only 10% of the player base, because the other 90% don't give a fuck about it, because it's so unappealing, is not a "complete failure", but a "ridiculous complete utter motherfucking epic failure". It's an abysmal waste of resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    If it was *one* realm it'd be fine. It isn't. It's two plus a *massive* cluster of six or seven servers. Server CRZ is, for all intents and purposes, completely horde dominant - that you see more alliance than you did before CRZ is largely irrelevant to that.

WPVP is fine. Not being able to use a FP because there's *always* 20-30 horde ganking the major ones that aren't even on your server is annoying as fuck.
    \

Fair enough and sorry, I wasn't trying to give you a hard time about this and yes, I also feel that people that wait to kill people at FPs are skill-less losers. A few rogues and a hunter got me a few times that way about a month ago.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Players won't go out of their way to partake in something that's not going to result in a reward?? Well I for one am in shock!

... I think Micro Holidays are a waste of their time, it could be put to better use improving things like 1-60 leveling experiences and such. When I want to do something which doesn't necessarily lead to any meaningful reward, I already have activities in-game.

However, a MMO-C poll is by no means a good gauge for these things considering everyone can vote. How many of those votes don't even play WoW? Yeah...
    I would say getting a 25% dmg buff that has a 3 day duration was a damn good reward.