Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For some reason they don't import most American cereals here. I've never had Cap'n Crunch, Lucky Charms, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    draenei are garbage. this cereal looks delicious.

- - - Updated - - -

this entire bottom paragraph is just another way of saying "i look down on people who eat food other than what i eat" also taste is subjective. why does every cook have some sort of superiority complex?
    Because most people haven't tasted most of the flavors the world has to offer. To become a professional chef you have to learn the majority of flavor combos. Stuff that would knock shit like the baconator down to bottom tier food level. It's the same reason doctors are known to be pricks. They go through so much training and they are confronted with stupid day in and day out from people who don't know jack shit about their bodies. The same can be said about food for chefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Because most people haven't tasted most of the flavors the world has to offer. To become a professional chef you have to learn the majority of flavor combos. Stuff that would knock shit like the baconator down to bottom tier food level. It's the same reason doctors are known to be pricks. They go through so much training and they are confronted with stupid day in and day out from people who don't know jack shit about their bodies. The same can be said about food for chefs.
    good they can keep it to themselves and stfu about it. they come off as supremely arrogant to the point i want to punch them in the face.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2017-03-23 at 05:37 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Holy hell I would be all over that.

draenei are garbage. this cereal looks delicious.
    Good, eat a bunch of it so you'll one day hit 100 lbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    hey 99.1 i'm almost there. although i'm thinking i'm in the mood for some draenei back ribs.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

this entire bottom paragraph is just another way of saying "i look down on people who eat food other than what i eat" also taste is subjective. why does every cook have some sort of superiority complex?
    I thought their statement was rather amusing, considering one's palate has absolutely nothing to do with their cooking skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Are you in the EU? We probably ban certain ingredients, that's why
    Australia. It's just weird what is and is not imported.

Not weird. It's Australia. The cost of shipping can place low margin products out of a comfortable profit range if the producer lacks access to an existing distribution channel and the market is not large enough to warrant creating one.
    But Cap'n Crunch is made by Quaker. We've had Quaker Oats here since I was a kid, so there's already a distribution channel. Don't tell me Quaker Oats has more of a market in Australia than Cap'n Crunch would. Especially considering the domestic Uncle Toby's brand mostly has the market for oats stitched up.

It's probably down to arbitrary decisions made by the marketing or distribution teams. It's weird.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember eating captain crunches when I was like 3-4 years old (28 years ago). Those haven't been sold in Finland ever since. I still miss them. Every. Fucking. Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

High-end chef I know eats fast food pretty often. Jokes about it a ton, too. Plenty of other common-folk items as well. So, definitely not all chefs.

I'm a picky eater, and not by choice, but I'm still confused why someone would shoot down the idea. Sometimes stuff is shockingly good. Didn't expand that palate by deciding one type of fungus tasted gross, so the others must also taste gross. Not gonna tell anyone to chow down on cereals (and this doesn't look like it'd win anything for me, either), but if they were truly total crap, they'd've never gotten out of R&D.

It may seem weird but I doubt it is arbitrary. Maybe they cannot commit to additional production. Maybe as I said the additional costs dig too deep in their margins for them to be profitable while staying competitive to local products. Maybe there is a gentleman's agreement with another producer that is distributed in Australia (everyone keeps to their market and if anyone tries to expand the other has made it clear they would commit to a price war at the instigator's turf). Maybe the distributor used for Quaker Oats doesn't have space for additional brands or only made the agreement for Quaker Oats (I know the latter is true in the parts of Europe; Quaker Oats uses PepsiCo's distribution network and they cannot commit to distributing more than the Oats).
    I'm sure there's a lot of maybes, but out of the top 10 cereals in the US we get Frosties, Froot Loops, Mini Wheats, Special K and even Cheerios now. But no Cap'n Crunch or Count Chocula etc. Despite the fact most Australians probably know them by name thanks to US pop culture. Seems totally random to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Cap'n Crunch! Cap'n Crunch! He's inviting you to munch! Muncha buncha bunch!

I like the peanut butter ones the most.
    Is that an actual song

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Doctors bitch about peoples health while they smoke packs of cigaretts each day.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    just how short are you that you weight less than 100 pounds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    He's 5'8. Or at least that is what he has said from past threads/conversations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pissed off when I saw it in the store because i HATE blueberries. Why couldnt they have just made regular pancakes Capn Crunch. I wouldve bought 20 boxes!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I never noticed his hats line goes below his eyeballs... so he has eyes like crab, or what? Do his eyebrows hover over the eyeballs or are they fixed to his hat? Hes also super over excited about his out serial, needs to dial that expression back a tad.
    Hes also not a Captain. Hes wearing a Commander Uniform which a lower rank than Captain

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I'm not sure but I think I weighed more than that when I went to elementary school.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I don't eat cereal because it's full of insect parts.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No I haven't. I tend to avoid a bowl of sugar for breakfast.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)