Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    No, because if you are "anti-flying" (truthfully I don't think anybody is actually anti-flying, just think they are ok with the hard gating Blizzard uses to achieve it) you lose competitive advantage. Rare mob up, you need to attack, well if the people flying can get there 3x faster than you, it'll be dead before you get there. Specially in an expansion with how World Quests and rares currently function, this would be incredibly problematic. When flying is unlocked, it forces everyone to use it, because you will miss out on things if you stay grounded.

Farming herbs, hard to farm on a ground mount, when druid are flying above and picking them. Same with mining and skinning. Let alone the issues it creates on PvP server where people will swoop down out of nowhere and just fly away.

Flying has a lot of game power built into it, letting you trivialize questing and many other aspects of the game. I think this current system of Blizzard requiring people to at least finish everything on one character without flying as a type of gate check. Is perfectly ok, because you experience the content how they want you too. Then, they give you a tool, where you can abuse all those system from then on out.
    Well, im pro-flying and find this compromise good enough. I can understand not having flying at start, when there's a lot of competition going around, and "you'd miss story" by bypassing it on a flying mount. Once you've cleared it all, you're not missing anything, just repeating.

As for your reasons:

- Rare mobs: they respawn quite fast, so "arriving late" argument is moot.
    - Farming: Can understand anti-flying arguments about not-flying-for-inmersion. Farming you are not getting inmersed, you are mindlessly repeating a task for economical benefit. If you want more economical benefit, just mindlessly repeat a task flying. (Or take advantage of 30-secs perduring nodes).
    - PvP: Once you're engaged in pvp you cant fly. Only diference is "being assaulted by a flying mob", wich is not diferent as "being assaulted by a ground-mounted mob". Plus, there are many tools already in the game to harrass people of pvp without flying (like 1 hour combat mount) and dont see anti-flyers bitching about them.

But mainly, as i said in a previous post. Some people like flying. Some people dont. 50% flying, 50% not flying is fair. Suck it up and dont be a spoiled kid. Share your toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    I cracks me up that all of you doomsdayers are finally getting flight but are now frightened and panicked that you may have to play ONE ZONE in 7.3 without flight. If memory serves, we had THREE of them in Pandaria and everyone (except me) praised that crap ass expansion. But, you go on with your conspiracy theories. Then when they come true, make another thread entitled "Awww shit. No Flight in 7.3 GG Blizz".
    I don't see what 'conspiracy theory' you refer to when the entire debate hinges on theoreticals and nothing being discussed has any relevance to what is already happening. Like you say, we're talking about a fantasy game that isn't real. We're talking about a game designed purely for entertainment, with certain features and limitations that can tangibly be changed through awareness and deliberate conversation.

None of what I've brought up has been doomsaying. Just pointing out a difference in opinion from your own 'there's no problem' perspective is not doomsaying in the least. That would be like if I mentioned 'hey dude, your faucet might be leaking' and you turn around and make it out as though everyone who's been telling you the same thing is overreacting as if another biblical flood is happening. If that's how you prefer to debate, that's fine. It's not like you've been very credible here anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kethmil View Post
    Tbh, only each one can decide if he prefer flying or no flying WoW.

Fact is there are plenty of people on each side, and blizzard has to cater to both groups.

Current is the only solution. You get half-an-expansion without flying and half-an-expansion with flying enabled. As a father who cant make his two childs play together with the same toy together ends up dividing playing time on the time, half a time for each sibling.

So @ anti-flying: you already had your half a time. Now suck it up and shut up while is ours. Any further bitching is just being an spoiled kid.
    Good thing I am pro-flight. Also, my "half time" is not up til 8/31/2017. In a 2 year expac, that would be the mid point. Maybe they should delay it longer to be fair to the half who dislike it (of whom I am not one).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I don't see what 'conspiracy theory' you refer to
    Until 7.3 is revealed as fightless, all of the drama and hype used to make people believe it will be...

That's the conspiracy theory. Had I known you were confused I would have explained it more clearly.

Pathfinder will be a godsend for alts though. Leveling times will be cut in half (already short for 100-110), and you won't have to worry about getting one-shot every time you land at flightmaster in Illidari Stand.

Until 7.3 is revealed as fightless, all of the drama and hype used to make people believe it will be...

That's the conspiracy theory. Had I known you were confused I would have explained it more clearly.
    Except there is absolutely no conspiracy behind it. All you've explained is you think discussing future possibilities is conspiracy.

And no, it doesn't work retroactively. Do you consider everyone who has remotely discussed a Clinton presidency to be a conspiracy theorist?
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-03-22 at 07:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Except there is absolutely no conspiracy behind it. All you've explained is you think discussing future possibilities is conspiracy.

And no, it doesn't work retroactively. Do you consider everyone who has remotely discussed a Clinton presidency to be a conspiracy theorist?
    Speculation makes it a theory. Assuming Blizz is going to do it just to be dicks or to get even with players makes it a conspiracy. Not sure why this is a hard concept to grasp. Also, people who discussed a Clinton presidency already had a name... dreamers.

So please continue theorycrafting 7.3. I have more important things to attend to in game.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    If you had 4900 wq done on your main before your alt reached 110 you do not value your time in life. The game should not be adjusted to the requirements of some no lifers.
    "I have a life I want flying so I can get there faster"
    Hilarious. Like... you couldn't make this shit up.

What you WANT eventually is secondary. It's what Blizzard WANTS which is important, and that is for you not to fly till content is relevant.

Yes your post makes you sound entitled, and also spoiled, pretentious, egocentric and overall an insufferable asshole. I really thank you to have dropped this gem in and proved exactly my point.
    You aren't stable and the game shouldn't be adjusted on your weird requirements.
    Do you think by calling me names justifies your shitty attitude in this thread anyway or supports no flight. gg.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the no flying experiment in Legion was much better than WoD, because I actually had a reason to go out to the world. I didn't miss flying because I had other things to do in the mean time.

Speculation makes it a theory. Assuming Blizz is going to do it just to be dicks or to get even with players makes it a conspiracy.
    1. You directly quoted and replied to me 'But, you go on with your conspiracy theories'
    2. You explain that your definition in context is "Blizz is going to do it just to be dicks or to get even with players makes it a conspiracy."
    3. None of my replies have ever indicated or supported Blizz acting just because they wanted to be dicks or get even with players.

I honestly don't know what the hell you're talking about any more.

7+ Year Old Account
    1. You directly quoted and replied to me 'But, you go on with your conspiracy theories'
    2. You explain that your definition in context is "Blizz is going to do it just to be dicks or to get even with players makes it a conspiracy."
    3. None of my replies have ever indicated or supported Blizz acting just because they wanted to be dicks or get even with players.

I honestly don't know what the hell you're talking about any more.
    Well then, perhaps you should add me to your ignore list and stop responding to me. Honestly, I offer up an opinion, you rake me over the coals for it, and then treat me as though I drown puppies for a living when responding to other posters. You seek out my posts and make it a point to approach me. So if need be, I can be the bigger person and just not reply to you.

Best of luck in 7.2 and 7.3. I know I will be enjoying it thoroughly.

Well then, perhaps you should add me to your ignore list and stop responding to me. Honestly, I offer up an opinion, you rake me over the coals for it, and then treat me as though I drown puppies for a living when responding to other posters. You seek out my posts and make it a point to approach me. So if need be, I can be the bigger person and just not reply to you.

Best of luck in 7.2 and 7.3. I know I will be enjoying it thoroughly.
    You shitting me? You victim-blame and expect everyone to be as content as you are with the game and all its faults, all the while demonizing anyone who decidely has a critical or negative opinion on flight/flight paths. I don't see why you're so surprised when your attitude speaks volumes. You aren't just offering an opinion when you use think any discussion on flight is a 'conspiracy theory'. You're practically insulting everyone here for simply being in the thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    You shitting me?
    I'm not. Have a nice night.

Exchanges with TJrogue and Flying Monkey on the last few pages are what happens when "the other side" is here mostly as a sport, wanting to split hairs and not caring much about whether they have something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Exchanges with TJrogue and Flying Monkey on the last few pages are what happens when "the other side" is here mostly as a sport, wanting to split hairs and not caring much about whether they have something to say.
    I usually call such guys "I just need to say some random phrase about every post in this thread". Even more interesting, when such guys sit in thread 24/7, so you start to wonder, when they sleep and actually play game, they're talking about. This makes you think, that they actually have nothing to do and just want to play some "forum PVP" game. Dunno about others, but TJrogue is obvious troll - figuratively and literally. I started ignoring him long time ago. Dunno, why you're still feeding him.

This discussion is pointless. Blizzard try to mix several completely incompatible things in one single content: PVE, PVP, immersion, competition, exploration, socialization, grind, etc. If content is about grind (as endgame content is) - it can't be immersive by definition, because this content is about repeating the same thing again, again and again within weeks, months and years. Simple logic - as developer, you should make dedicated content for all this aspects. For example leveling content should be about immersion and dedicated WPVP zone - about PVP. Blizzard refuse to do it, just because they've switched to "F2P way" - we are poor game developers (with 1 billon $$$ yearly revenue, yeah) and don't have resources for dedicated content, so we will better mix 100500 kinds of content into one single mess.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    I replied to you in a pertinent way until you started trolling rda. You refused to answer my question and instead looked for backup quoting other people.

You're a desperate poster, the likes of which I have rarely seen in my forum experiences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I usually call such guys "I just need to say some random phrase about every post in this thread". Even more interesting, when such guys sit in thread 24/7, so you start to wonder, when they sleep and actually play game, they're talking about. This makes you think, that they actually have nothing to do and just want to play some "forum PVP" game. Dunno about others, but TJrogue is obvious troll - figuratively and literally. I started ignoring him long time ago. Dunno, why you're still feeding him.

This discussion is pointless. Blizzard try to mix several completely incompatible things in one single content: PVE, PVP, immersion, competition, exploration, socialization, grind, etc. If content is about grind (as endgame content is) - it can't be immersive by definition, because this content is about repeating the same thing again, again and again within weeks, months and years. Simple logic - as developer, you should make dedicated content for all this aspects. For example leveling content should be about immersion and dedicated WPVP zone - about PVP. Blizzard refuse to do it, just because they've switched to "F2P way" - we are poor game developers (with 1 billon $$$ yearly revenue, yeah) and don't have resources for dedicated content, so we will better mix 100500 kinds of content into one single mess.
    And to you, with all due respect and offence, but you don't own the game. You didn't play legion. How egocentric must you be to think your opinion on a version of the game you didn't even try matters?

I repeat, you don't own legion, and you're very vocal about it.
    Weird cat lady right here.

I replied to you in a pertinent way until you started trolling rda. You refused to answer my question and instead looked for backup quoting other people.
    You have been answered twice by Raelbo:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45084274
    "Does flying not enable scenarios like the Sha'tari Skyguard and the Tiller's dailies?"

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45084933
    "But just in case you are genuinely unaware of how flying is integrated into the zone to give it extra storytelling capacity, take a look up in the sky next time you're there. Orgrim's Hammer and the Skyfire say hi."

I can add quests and dailies in Coldarra and Dragonblight, dailies for Order of the Cloud Serpent in Jade Forest, a similar race between clouds on the Darkmoon Festival, etc, etc, etc. Cloaks with parachutes in BGs, gliders everywhere, tons of toys related to flying. The list is long.

Flying adds tons of ways to present content.

Deleted
    You have been answered twice by Raelbo:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45084274
    "Does flying not enable scenarios like the Sha'tari Skyguard and the Tiller's dailies?"

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45084933
    "But just in case you are genuinely unaware of how flying is integrated into the zone to give it extra storytelling capacity, take a look up in the sky next time you're there. Orgrim's Hammer and the Skyfire say hi."

I can add quests and dailies in Coldarra and Dragonblight, dailies for Order of the Cloud Serpent in Jade Forest, a similar race between clouds on the Darkmoon Festival, etc, etc, etc, the list is long.

Flying adds tons of ways to present content.
    I replied to him too. How is getting from A to B a new tool for storytelling? Reaching a higher platform isn't adding anything new to the game. You're removing terrain and boundaries and adding nothing.
    You're talking about quests that involve flying, that's completely different. Those have been in the game for ages and are not a bother because they don't give players freedom to access verticality.
    Last edited by mmocd8deb25f37; 2017-03-23 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Dunno about others, but TJrogue is obvious troll - figuratively and literally. I started ignoring him long time ago. Dunno, why you're still feeding him.
    (I just wanted to complete a single discussion to its end. That's done, now I know not to engage, because it's just a waste of time as you say, he isn't saying anything worth reading yet alone replying to - it's just "are you OK? no flying is good, I have facts".)

- - - Updated - - -

You're talking about quests that involve flying, that's completely different. Those have been in the game for ages and are not a bother because they don't give players freedom to access verticality.
    Me: "As I said, flying removes some options and adds others"
    You: "It doesn't "add others". Please do name these mysterious "others" you're referring to."
    You now have a list of these things.

Are we done now?

Deleted
    (I just wanted to complete a single discussion to its end. That's done, now I know not to engage, because it's just a waste of time as you say, he isn't saying anything worth reading yet alone replying to - it's just "are you OK? no flying is good, I have facts".)

- - - Updated - - -

Me: "As I said, flying removes some options and adds others"
    You: "It doesn't "add others". Please do name these mysterious "others" you're referring to."
    You now have a list of these things.

Are we done now?
    It still doesn't add anything, it's a way of travelling, like walking, but once again, most likely because you're lonely and desperate, you have to quote other people to make you feel part of a group. You think that makes you understand the topic at hand? You think that makes you overcome the FACT that from a developer's point of view, flying removes vital tools for storytelling and adds nothing?

No it doesn't. What it does instead it shows me in depth what you are. Desperate, pathetic, insecure. You really REALLY do want to feel part of a group don't you, you poor little thing. I pity you.

You think that makes you overcome the FACT that from a developer's point of view, flying removes vital tools for storytelling and adds nothing? No it doesn't. What it does instead it shows me in depth what you are. Desperate, pathetic, insecure. You really REALLY do want to feel part of a group don't you, you poor little thing. I pity you.
    You are saying that sitting on a pile of quests and mechanics given to you that are built on flying and wouldn't exist if flying wasn't there.

My reply is: "OK". I mean, what else is there to say. Just "OK".