Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    no one said leap, i said it should be reasonable and much shorter then it is now based on how long it will take you to get to 50 ish, gear, etc.
    no one wants them to be ready in a week, but 2 months is a total waste unless they do 16 hours a day

- - - Updated - - -

Because we are not recruiting from every source possible?? Again your casual nature is making assumptions that we just recruit from a single source.
    A great source is people who were mythic raiders who want to come back mid tier.
    And of course it would depend on why they left. Even if you can get a few good months out of them they make a great bench if you don't want them main raid 100% of the time.

do you realize how hard it is to recruit at this point in the 2nd and 3rd tier? 6/10 and 3/10?

no idea why i am arguing with you, you have expectations that other people should be following for something you have no involvement in and it has nothing to do with you, and absolutely zero impact on your game play or guild.
    Get off a low pop server and/or actually git gud so people apply to your guild. We have no problems getting recruits for new trialing spots, some of them even realm transfer and we are far from god tier, in fact we're on Augur. With what you just typed out your "casual nature" revealed itself, take your tears elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    If you consider the first 3 bosses "The first half", but until the hotfixes, yes everything after Trilliax is tuned for 54 traits which is why Blizzard said as much, and said that Tomb would not be a repeat of what you're saying they didn't do. Your post is contradicted by the very words of the developer of the game.
    Actually blizzard said the LAST THREE were the only ones tuned around 54. It was on the front page of mmo champ not that long ago.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Actually blizzard said the LAST THREE were the only ones tuned around 54. It was on the front page of mmo champ not that long ago.
    Even if you forget that it isn't exactly true, last three take more than a half of overall effort(as raiding hours for example) on clearing the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Even if one boss is tuned for 54 traits that's frankly unacceptable. The reality is that guilds barely 2 months in were hemorhagging raiders left and right, raiders that cleared the hardest content in the game before. Now we have Nighthold, which is by far a much easier raid than say HFC mechanically, but covered in raid wipe mechanics and ridiculous trait gates that simulate difficulty and make the whole raiding experience an oppressive slog while requiring an insane grind to even attempt the bosses.

Somehow people find this acceptable when Blizzard's intentions were that AP was always meant as a side reward (they reiterated this in 7.2) and grinding for AP was not their intention, but they forced themselves into a corner with how quickly people were gaining huge ilevel boosts through titanforging.

Nighthold in the 3 months it's been out has brought most guilds to the brink of total collapse faster than a year+ of SoO, that's just reality, everyone has felt it, things have to change.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    So, out of the whole expansion, you find amusing and fun only the end content, mythic raid? And because of that, there should be a "skip everything and get badass gear" button so you could give mythic gul'dan a try or two? Game is made that way from the beginning: you go through the content and then when you get strong, you get to face the big bad guy. If you want to skip it all and just see the last part, then I'm afraid the game is not meant for you. You should seek other genres.

Honestly, guys, pretty soon you'll be complaining about the sky being blue, just because you can. Stop for a minute and think, because nobody likes people who constantly whine.
    The earlier parts of the game are not as fun anymore when most people are at 900 item level doing high level keystones or heroic NH. This is my point. And this is exactly why Patch 7.2 levels out the playing field. Blizzard themselves realize what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    The earlier parts of the game are not as fun anymore when most people are at 900 item level doing high level keystones or heroic NH. This is my point. And this is exactly why Patch 7.2 levels out the playing field. Blizzard themselves realize what I said.
    Most people are at 900 ilvl? Where? More like a handful (compared to playerbase) are over 900. Don't measure your character that you just leveled to the guys who invested months in theirs. You can get to their ilvl faster then they did, but you shouldn't get 900 as soon as you ding 110. That's just lazy

It's funny to see the good old "The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restrain..."
    Applied to wow.

"I played everyday like a moron to rush hundreds of MOS to get enought AP and the luck to not get legendaries that sucks, to be able to do the content, and they, they want to do the content without doing all that shit! "

Same kind of stupid.
    A thousand years result of "fear of the youth". A fear of being replaced, to lose privilege.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    Most people are at 900 ilvl? Where? More like a handful (compared to playerbase) are over 900. Don't measure your character that you just leveled to the guys who invested months in theirs. You can get to their ilvl faster then they did, but you shouldn't get 900 as soon as you ding 110. That's just lazy
    I agree. But right now if you want to join the rest you have to wait way too long not compared to just WoD but moreso to every iteration of this game. That AK...

Many of my friends are withholding pressing that Subscribe button ever since that catch-up in 7.2 was announced. It is just not worth it now.

Seems like the majority of people posting here have never raided before Legion. Previously you could re-roll a class or get back into the game at a high level in as little as three weeks. This grind and time block style is completely new and no, people who are upset aren't the "go go go" generation as someone said earlier in the thread.

Every other expansion if you raided X class at a high level and got bored/ did not fit necessary mechanics, you were able to change to class Y with little halt to progression or difficult gearing. People do not realize it is stupidly easy to gear, going from 800-890 ilv is a lot faster than 890-905, this is just how every single MMO works. There are diminishing marginal returns on gear. This means a new player in the past could "boost" to a step just below their raids top fish. Now, you can get to that same spot but be 9.5% damage behind making the RL want you to stay on class X even if it messes with mechanics or your enjoyment.

On a side note good luck to you, or your friend, OP. Its a real pain to start from square one.

Deleted
    I just read few post here and there, but people are seriously advocating that WoD legendary ring was not necessary for a hard progress mythic guild? Really?
    People forgot the difference between killing a boss with a full raid with legendary ring and a raid with just a few?
    I hope they are joking just to bash Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazzel View Post
    You dont get it. It's not about ME ME ME. Like I said: I am leading my own mythic guild. I have a friend who was an unbelievable good warrior in the last past AddOns and he just came back a couple of weeks ago. WE want HIM DESPERATLY for our raid, because WE KNOW that he will help us in this retarded content. But we simply can't because he´s still missing 10% dmg from Artifact Weapon.

Another case: Our Feral Drood wants to reroll on his monk. We would like to make this change as soon as we can but yet again: fuckin artifact power blocks us from doing this. I had to told him, that hes stuck on his druid till the next raidtier comes out.
    How does AP block him? If he's smart he had it at 110 and got it to 25 ak if he wants to reroll and has been gearing it up when he can. Just do a few days of 10-15 boosts and he'll be at 50 insanely quick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I just read few post here and there, but people are seriously advocating that WoD legendary ring was not necessary for a hard progress mythic guild? Really?
    People forgot the difference between killing a boss with a full raid with legendary ring and a raid with just a few?
    I hope they are joking just to bash Legion.
    Archimonde was cleared with (almost) no rings. Will same players who did that clear even Krosus without legendaries/traits in reasonable amount of time? No.
    Oh wait, that's what's holding back players from proper reroll.

Krosus is killable without 54 traits though. We killed it like a month ago with less than half the DPS had 54.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Where did you pull 300k from? Thats M Ursoc numbers.

My guilds first kill of Heroic Krosus during the first week of NH, entire guild was avg ilvl 890, tier bonuses on maybe half the players, artifact traits was about averaging 45 and avg dps was around 500k.

If one can't pull 500k these days, what can I say, simply too heavy to be carried.
    did you read the OP? week 2 returning player..would maybe have 1 dps leggo if lucky...no where near 35 traits...cause you know returning player starts at AK1...guild feed him gear so 890 is possible (so he is at the same average ilevel as everyone else) but it be left over gear.....so very miss match and probably garbage trinkets.

Your smoking crack if you think that type of player would be pulling 500k.

now bring us to WoD/MOP...same returning player would be at a similar ilevel but be behind on its xpac leggo. The same type player with the SAME ilevel as the group just missing leggo....would still be able to pull 80% of the dps and potentially be in the middle of the pack. <---I did this in WoD and i am a moron so if i can do it anyone could do it.

now bring us back to Cata/WOTLK/BC .....a returning player can be boosted by the guild in week 1 and be topping meters in week 2. We use to do it all the time for main raiders switching rolls....i remember a awesoem mage wanting to join the guild but we already had 3 good mages...one volunteer to go a shadow priest which we had none and so he finished leveling the toon and we feed him gear and that toon was ready to go for progression along with the new mage recruit the following week. <----this cannot happen now. That "switched toon raider" would be sooooo far behind even with the current catch up in AK.
    Last edited by Banard; 2017-03-23 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    did you read the OP? week 2 returning player..would maybe have 1 dps leggo if lucky...no where near 35 traits...cause you know returning player starts at AK1...guild feed him gear so 890 is possible (so he is at the same average ilevel as everyone else) but it be left over gear.....so very miss match and probably garbage trinkets.

Your smoking crack if you think that type of player would be pulling 500k.

now bring us to WoD/MOP...same returning player would be at a similar ilevel but be behind on its xpac leggo. The same type player with the SAME ilevel as the group just missing leggo....would still be able to pull 80% of the dps and potentially be in the middle of the pack. <---I did this in WoD and i am a moron so if i can do it anyone could do it.

now bring us back to Cata/WOTLK/BC .....a returning player can be boosted by the guild in week 1 and be topping meters in week 2. We use to do it all the time for main raiders switching rolls....i remember a awesoem mage wanting to join the guild but we already had 3 good mages...one volunteer to go a shadow priest which we had none and so he finished leveling the toon and we feed him gear and that toon was ready to go for progression along with the new mage recruit the following week. <----this cannot happen now. That "switched toon raider" would be sooooo far behind even with the current catch up in AK.
    With artifact knowledge catchup you can get 35 traits pretty fast, maybe 2 weeks if you are dedicated. You can get 890 in 2 weeks if the guild feeds you everything and you buy some BOEs from the AH. I've previously stated what competent raiders can pull at 890 ilvl. Your rambling is illogical.
    Last edited by Kirbypro; 2017-03-23 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    Get off a low pop server and/or actually git gud so people apply to your guild. We have no problems getting recruits for new trialing spots, some of them even realm transfer and we are far from god tier, in fact we're on Augur. With what you just typed out your "casual nature" revealed itself, take your tears elsewhere.
    i am on a top 10 server

So your answer is git gud. well i will keep that in mind, thank you it provides much feedback and solutions. You should work for blizzard, or be a cum mopper not sure which yet

Infracted
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2017-03-24 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    I agree. But right now if you want to join the rest you have to wait way too long not compared to just WoD but moreso to every iteration of this game. That AK...

Many of my friends are withholding pressing that Subscribe button ever since that catch-up in 7.2 was announced. It is just not worth it now.
    So, returning players should be given opportunity to just go to mythic raid in 1-2 weeks? You know, to kill the endgame in 1-2 weeks of play? It took me longer to get raid ready. It took you longer. It should take returning players aswell. They can have it a bit easier, but not that easier. This is not moba, you don't just log in after 6months and play with everything at your disposal. You progress your character, then once strong enough you do the endgame. If all you wanna do is endgame and skip everything else, this is the wrong genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoy-o-tron View Post
    Doing 500 versions of same maw is meaningful?
    It takes 200 just maw (and nothing else if you could) to max a weapon, unless your bis drops there after that your better off doing other things, clear mythic TOV, clear mythic EN, do other mythic +s, ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i am on a top 10 server

So your answer is git gud. well i will keep that in mind, thank you it provides much feedback and solutions. You should work for blizzard, or be a cum mopper not sure which yet.
    I think I see why you have recruiting issues. You're an asshole.

Infracted
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2017-03-24 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I think I see why you have recruiting issues. You're an asshole.
    we could be a good friend since we have so much in common......
    might want to re-read the original comment and see whom is the asshole. When someone says "git gud" they deserve an asshole like response