Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Another alchemist screwed by RNG here... not a single R3 flask recipe.

I have only made a few of most of the flasks (somewhere in the low hundreds at a guess) but something in the region of 1000-2000 intellect flasks.

It's just inexcusable there is no bad luck protection of any kind on this. Really poor design.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Random procced/dropped rank 3 stuff needs to be fixed asap, or it will go into the worst profession expansion in history for alchemy, mining, herbing etc.

Having to craft hundreds if not thousands of alchemy products, or picking/mining thousands of resources, goes beyond simple RNG into frustration.

Rank 3, healing/mana/rejuv potions was easy as the materials are abundant.

7.2 will make potion cost half of currently, but still will induce RNG.

Flasks & mining/herbing thousands of times is the worst.

I am fine with paying 3000 gold for a 3 star recipe at exalted (as long as it's not talons vengeance), but this is just stupid.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-17 at 03:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only missing the rank 3 on the Strength flask, so I guess I'm lucky.
    On the other hand, I still have to craft Rejuvenation potis in Dalaran due to rank one..
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

I got Agy fast like in my first 20 or so. BUT my Healing pots? F no!! I done like 5000 of them no rank 3. I just gave up on it.
    Its a crap system to have RNG in crafting.

I've done thousands and still haven't proc a rank 3 for any of them.

Seriously, fuck this retarded RNG.

flask of the retarded demon

349 here still R2

Flask of the retarded blizzard

crafting flasks for my whole raid team since legion start. No rank 3 on any flask. RNG is soooooooooooooooo fun (not)
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

This RNG is a frustrating system, particularly because such expensive mats are involved

Yeah, this is absolutely the worst system they've created for proffesions. The quests etc was fun, the first time.

Well, atleast they tried to make it more engaging. I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Yeah, this is absolutely the worst system they've created for proffesions. The quests etc was fun, the first time.
    Well, atleast they tried to make it more engaging. I guess.
    Quests are awesome addition to professions, RNG isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Quests are awesome addition to professions, RNG isn't.
    Indeed. Loved to be able to do profession quests while leveling, added more to the professions than "craft 1-200 of these to get max rank, well done".

They could just have gated the rank 3 behind some grindy quest, that could take some time and effort to complete. But when you completed the quest you had the rank 3s. Relying on RNG is just pure bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Demonthor View Post
    Reading all the comments I guess I am super lucky then.

I usually craft around 40 to 60 flasks a week since I use them in M+ a lot for me and my LAN friends. Procd rank 3 in all leigon flasks, old war, and deadly grace.

Took me less than 40 crafts to get rank 3 intellect flask, and less than 60 for the rest making flasks for friends.
    Deadly grace and old war less than 100 crafts as well.

Soooo either I am super lucky or it's not really 1%.
    I hope you step on legos. Barefoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I hope you step on legos. Barefoot.
    Why? Its not his fault he's lucky. You'd better wish blizzard devs (especially the clown who was lead diablo3 gamedev) step on legos, barefoot, each time they force shitty RNGesus on us.

A guildmate got rank 3 cauldrons on his very first cast and procced 18 cauldrons on his 2nd cast The luck.

I have been able to get rank 3 on whispered pact and seventh demon so far after creating ruffly 500-600 of each flask. still working on countless armies and am at ruffly 700-800 created so far and once i get it I will start on the stam one

What they should have done was make this percentage a function of skill level. Meaning, at say, (arbitrarily speaking for the sake of simplicity), 750 (when you arbitrarily get the 2nd star skill, for example), the percentage is 1%, but then, for every 5 levels (up to 800), it jumps up to 2% @755, then 4% @ 760, then 6% @ 765 until it becomes 20% at 800. Bottom line, skill in the profession should make a difference aside of serving as a gate to determine what can be learned.

It also seems pretty clear this is not given failure prevention like legendaries and hidden skins was given. After constructing 2000+ int flasks, fuck it, I'm done. If I never get it, I don't fucking care anymore.

As of Mists of Pandaria, I have always loved professions. I was always proud of being a master craftsman in the professions I took on. I liked having the special abilities these professions afforded me. In WoD, they failed us all so hard by first stripping us of all our profession perks and making crafting so optional, it was like no one cared anymore, and I admittedly raised many 100 level toons and built myself 20 garrisons and basically farmed those out to death to make money, because professions were so intrinsically boring and not profitable.

I'm not perfectly sure what the point of professions fixing was in Legion, but what I see is, now, instead of having an abundance of worthless materials to make half ass gear and almost worthless flasks and potions, we still don't have any perks to the professions, but now, getting the recipes are ridiculously RNG driven with no fail protection, which is antithetical to learning a profession, it should be a matter of skill, not luck that we can proc flask and potion creation, and there has been few if any good pieces we could build, which is also ridiculous. In MoP, it was possible to get recipes for BiS pieces during content, and that is not the case, now.

And as for Nomi, I would have fired that incompetent mother fucker months ago if I could. That shit needs fixed. I thought I taught that fucker better in Pandaria. he actually didn't do too bad then.

So, how would I fix professions?

1. Drop rates for level up quest items and research would be quadrupled with failure protection once you hit 800 in the skill.
    2. Crafted items would come with a chance for a socket, warforging (drawing the line at titan-forging) or additional tertiary stat upon 800 skill.
    3. Jewelcrafters would be able to create items that could be placed on rings and necklaces that would add a socket to a piece that doesn't already have a socket (limit of 1)
    4. Engineers would be able to craft items that could be placed on boots to add speed, chest pieces to add avoidance, gloves that would add leech, (limit 1)
    5a. Jewelcrafters, Blacksmiths and Engineers would be able to mine nodes without mining proficiency, but that skill will never be able to go past 1 star. In similar fashion, alchemists and inscriptionists would be able to herb, but that skill would never be able to surpass 1 star, and leatherworkers would be able to skin, but that skill would never be able to surpass 1 star. And having 2 skills that would draw on the same resource would not change that.

or

5b. Add a third profession slot. This third profession slot cannot take the count of manufacturing professions past 2, meaning while you could have mining skinning and herbing, what you could not do is be a tailor blacksmith leatherworker.
    6. Reinstate profession perks, just like we had them, including reforging.
    7. Enchanters now have the ability to create scrolls that put magic effects on artifact weapons. This ability requires 800 skill.

So, summary, you want to get to 800 in the skill. Everything you do then becomes easier and better. Other stuff opens up that was prevented before. Gathering materials is now partially addressed. It's difficult going an entire expansion with access to all sorts of materials, more than you could ever use, with no gathering skill needed, to being in a drought of sorts. While I am certain blizzard sees that the garrison was a good idea with some really bad things put into it (that's another topic for another thread) otherwise we wouldn't have class halls now, the player base sees it as a perk they had taken from them, and it sucks. And finally, the rolling back of perks. I know that I've heard this shit before, how blizzard wanted YOU taking up the professions YOU wanted, and not feel compelled to do the ones that icy veins told you to do for maximum output, this is a smoke and mirrors crock of shit that just is either willful ignorance on Blizzard's part, or an excuse to be lazy on Blizzard's part, either way, this is unacceptable. The real truth of the matter is, there are lazy players that didn't do professions for whatever irrelevant reason, and didn't like the fact that they didn't get the perks, and for people who play this game, it is a min/max sort of game.

Note on reforging: In a recent Q&A, a question was brought up concerning reforging, and the answer was this is a bad way to address stat maxing. Actually, that's horse shit and they know it. It was a damned good way to address stat maxing, and I fully support it. When reforging was removed, I remember the Blizzcon when this was announces, and Alex Afrasabi was like "Oh, you got a new piece of gear, well, before it can be worn, we're gonna need to max it out the 4 levels, and oh damn, I don't have enough valor... better go kill some frogs on timeless isle until I do. and gemming it, and enchanting it, and then getting on Mr. Robot to see what I need to reforge into what...." Bullshit. Categorical BULLSHIT. They could have just cut to the chase and said "We're getting rid of Reforging, and most enchants, and multiple gem slots because Fuck Mr. Robot", and that would have been the truth, but that was addressed soundly when haste break points and HoT/DoT snap shotting was removed. And as long as Versafilthy exists, we do need reforging to get rid of as much of that as we can, especially since in this round, Blizzard isn't smart enough to keep this abortion of a stat off tier gear like it did in WoD, where Versafilthy had its premier. And to be clear, if I was an adventurer in a world like Azeroth, and I picked up a new chestplate off an enemy, There is no way I would just take it off him and put it on me without repairing it, cleaning it up, polishing it, perhaps, resizing it, and possibly reinforcing it and removing enemy faction symbols and putting MY faction symbols on it instead. It is not outside the realm of possibilities that we would do these things. And aside of that, true raiders would have likely had all this shit on them, in preparation that they might get this thing from raid.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

My rank 3 achivments
    ~850 int flasks
    ~250 agi flasks
    ~900 old war
    ~350 grace