Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even heard of the EDL until yesterday. Just what this country need more white extremists groups *sigh

All there is to say about EDL is It's amazing how people quickly succumb to anger and extremism over common sense and reason.

hmm reminds me of this
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-03-23 at 12:30 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    God damn it.

I was looking forward to my 3 week vacation across Europe this summer. Now we're going to be be walking around scared for our dear lives.
    Don't be. If you allow yourself to be scared, they win. There have been several attacks in the past few years, true - spread out on a bloody continent. You actually have a higher chance of dying in a traffic accident than getting caught up in the next one.

That said, I'd certainly avoid national holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    True, but that's another discussion. The point I was trying to make was how the far right people are gonna go fucking bananas over this just because a muslim did it, but when people are shot every day by white people with no special agenda, that earns a casual shrug.
    No, the stats are clear: it's young black men who are shooting people, and most of the time it's each other. America has a ghetto and gang problem in the black community, so much so that it massively skews the averages for the entire nation based on just a few cities.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Your a Britain First supporter? Or is that particular moron EDL?
    I knew nothing about him until today really, other than he seems on this issue to talk a lot of sense. If he is an extremist it is a shame it takes one to raise such valid points about radicalisation and that our mainstream media and politicians are not talking about yet. How many more innocents must die until they do?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone that lives around there have the latest?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I knew nothing about him until today really, other than he seems on this issue to talk a lot of sense. If he is an extremist it is a shame it takes one to raise such valid points about radicalisation and that our mainstream media and politicians are not talking about yet. How many more innocents must die until they do?
    The problem again is that he can talk about importing the wrong cultures and people all he likes, the issue is that most of the terrorist attacks we suffer are from people who are British-born.

I've yet to see/hear someone provide a practical solution to this.

James Bond has failed his country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I understand. But the same thing happens with the far left when a person dies from gun violence, they go bananas over it, yet they do not say much when a family in a car are killed in a crash. There is hypocrisy on both sides. The issue is not what race/nationality a person is or what item they used, but the person's motives. In this case he used a knife, which I understand in Britain, like in the US, have some strict laws on the carry of knives. Here in Ohio, they are stricter on knife laws than they are on guns. :P
    Yep, everyone has their agenda and uses whichever news suits their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Starting to look like an utter failure of an attack.

No reports of anyone injured by cars.
    One policeman stabbed, but not seriously wounded.
    Incompetent attacker shot dead.

That's about all that's happened.
    4 dead including a Police Officer and 20+ wounded(some critically) by being run over. I dunno man if i was his ISIS supervisor giving him an annual performance review i might toss in a few extra virgins as a bonus.
    Last edited by BattleSaint; 2017-03-23 at 12:58 PM. Reason: added info

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsame View Post
    And don't jump to conclusions. Just because he's brown and called Abu and follows Islam doesn't instantly make him a Muslim.
    Well, now it is confirmed: the attacker was indeed a true muslim.

Seeing as gun violence in the US kills several thousand percent more people each year than terrorism does, I think we need to turn off that heat just as well.
    Large portion of gun violence is usually done by people committing suicide or gang-bangers, the average person doesn't fear getting shot, but they do fear getting bombed while running a marathon.

- - - Updated - - -

London terror attack: ISIS claims responsibility for deadly rampage outside Parliament building

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Last count was he killed 2-3 with his car, and then jumped out and killed a police man with a knife. He was then shot by other police and killed. So total dead are 4-5, a few very badly injured, and a bunch more injured.

Pictures came out and lets just say, he looks like he is from an area where Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism are not the majority religions...

Edit, its confirmed 5 dead now.
    Wow such a tragedy...My condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    So, the Parliament that has been supporting "rebels" n "freedom fighters" for god knows how long get a taste of their own medicine? That's Karma.

My message is this: STOP SUPPORTING TERRORISTS, but since no parliamentarians died but innocent bystanders, I doubt anything will change.
    It didn't take too long before "you deserved it" type of terrorist apologists poped up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Large portion of gun violence is usually done by people committing suicide or gang-bangers, the average person doesn't fear getting shot, but they do fear getting bombed while running a marathon.
    Well the fear of the average person is seldom grounded in reality. The point I'm trying to make is that of course is terrorism terrible and a real problem, but in the big picture, not a lot of people are actually killed by it in the west compared to other deaths. So we can have a healthy attitude towards it instead of engaging in demagoguery and fearmongering.

An islamic attack takes place, people dead and injured, and you have people on here blabbing "B-b-but what about fascism and climate change?????"

Well the fear of the average person is seldom grounded in reality. The point I'm trying to make is that of course is terrorism terrible and a real problem, but in the big picture, not a lot of people are actually killed by it in the west compared to other deaths. So we can have a healthy attitude towards it instead of engaging in demagoguery and fearmongering.
    And every time terrorism is prevented/fails it doesn't count in the statistics.

And every time terrorism is prevented/fails it doesn't count in the statistics.
    Terrorism is a huge problem, because prevented attacks have killed the world's population three times over, but you didn't notice. Now fund my expanded CCTV, snooping software and jet fighters!

15+ Year Old Account
    ISIS is glory-hungry by now and would claim responsibility for anything. Islamic terrorism has existed before ISIS and it's unknown splinter cell groups who had suddenly gained some temporary fame. Once ISIS has become a matter of the past like al-Qaeda did it will be back to as it was before. People will realize that most terrorism is home-grown and that a staggering amounts of native converts is often involved in the planning as well.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

London terror attack: ISIS claims responsibility for deadly rampage outside Parliament building
    Took them long enough to claim responsibility. They should be pretty disappointed with that result honestly, in a country where 99% of the police force do not carry guns and plenty of very busy areas they could have targeted, they chose one of the few places where there was enough security to stop it swiftly. He could have just gone to oxford street where there is far less security and many more tourists and mounted the pavement there. If there aim was to get as many casualties as possible, they did a shit job at planning.
    Its a relief that these people are bad at planning stuff, or casualties from these attacks could be far higher than 4.

Deleted
    Religion of peace everybody!

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-03-23 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    He could have just gone to oxford street where there is far less security and many more tourists and mounted the pavement there.
    Oxford Street has strict traffic regulations for private vehicles, he would have had to nick a taxi or bus.