Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He would probably die with more dignity than lol'jin. And with actual benefit to others too.

Than again, if i think about it vol'jins death also benefited everyone.
    i see what you did there
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    who were actually wining against a 10k+ year night elf experience and later on 2 factions.
    What gave you the impression that he was "actually winning" against two factions? His armies - both the True Horde and Iron Horde - were defeated rather quickly after picking a fight with the Alliance and the Horde.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Did we not have this exact thread a few weeks ago? Oh well, such is life on this website.
    i think last month

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    What gave you the impression that he was "actually winning" against two factions? His armies - both the True Horde and Iron Horde - were defeated rather quickly after picking a fight with the Alliance and the Horde.
    he was "wining" -technically- until the last battle, he was in no real danger until the siege.
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

he was "wining" -technically- until the last battle, he was in no real danger until the siege.
    How is being in no real danger winning, technically or not? He sat way behind the front line, obviously he wasn't in any real danger. The Siege was the first battle Garrosh's True Horde fought against two factions, and they clearly didn't fare too well.

The burning legion would be defeated.

I always thought it would have been cool to have a mutual respect between him and Varian on the broken shore. Maybe both of them dying fighting side by side. Though, I think Varian's death is amazing in this, really great for Alliance players who wanted a meaningful death scene for their leader.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    How is being in no real danger winning, technically or not? He sat way behind the front line, obviously he wasn't in any real danger. The Siege was the first battle Garrosh's True Horde fought against two factions, and they clearly didn't fare too well.
    his tactics was on the wining side until the siege
    - in ashenvale vs night elf's
    - in barrens vs alliance
    - in theramor
    - in eastern kingdom it was 50/50 because sylv take the lead from him
    so he had good tactics until the siege.

Deleted
    kill him again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well he did EXACTLY that at the first gate in Icecrown and got everyone killed once already, and I don't think he learns from his mistakes.
    wow wow wow wow. you are blaming Garrosh for the Wrath gate events??? you mean a tragedy done by Forsaken rebels and the legion?

and if you mean another gate state which gate. Saying first gate doesn't realy help as the first gate we reached was the Wrath gate.

No Tusk Club.

his tactics was on the wining side until the siege
    - in ashenvale vs night elf's
    - in barrens vs alliance
    - in theramor
    - in eastern kingdom it was 50/50 because sylv take the lead from him
    so he had good tactics until the siege.
    In none of those battle was he fighting against two factions. He was fighting members of the Alliance, separately instead of together. In Ashenvale, the moment another member of the Alliance - the Worgen led by Varian and Genn - arrived and joined the NE, Garrosh army got defeated and had to retreat shortly after. There is a big difference between that and fighting & winning against the Alliance as a whole, much less two factions as you stated. The first time Garrosh had to fight against two factions was the Siege, and later, during the Iron Horde invasion. In both times, his armies lost.

Garrosh sacrifices himself to save Varian and mend relations between the Horde and the Alliance = good storytelling

Varian #YOLO #SPURDOSPARDE sacrificing himself irresponsibly = bad storytelling

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    He'd have probably made the same sacrifice that Varian did, and it would have been a much better ending for him. Garry was an actual Orc, love him or hate him.

a mana bomb would have been used.... i don't understand why they didn't anyways. sure the blue dragon flight would allow the focusing iris to be used again to stop the legion
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Nothing....

The Legion would've wiped him out Before Garrosh would've said (For THE TRUE HO---)

Oh....we're talking about the Iron horde....

They'd be Gul'daned By Gul'dan before Garrosh could even say (FOR THE IRON HO----)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    The burning legion would be defeated.
    .....AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That's the best joke i've seen this year so far....AHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nah, the first gate within the Icecrown zone, Mord'rethar. The Alliance had pushed the Scourge past the Gate and were holding it, then the Horde attacked them from behind and both got slaughtered by the Scourge.
    In a short story it turned out Garrosh didn't allow for this attack, or any other attack on the Alliance during the campaign. It was an idea of another asshole, who was then punished by Garrosh.

I'd say chances are, Garrosh would begrudgingly cooperate with Varian as Sylvanas/Vol'Jin did in Broken Shore (which wasn't really a cooperation, just two armies happened to be in the same place), but the "hold the cliff" scenario wouldn't end with a retreat. Hellscream wasn't a runner, and knowing that he would surrencer and flee with the Alliance fought bravery wouldn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Garrosh sacrifices himself to save Varian and mend relations between the Horde and the Alliance = good storytelling

Varian #YOLO #SPURDOSPARDE sacrificing himself irresponsibly = bad storytelling
    Garrosh attacking the alliance first= Good storytelling

Garrosh even helping the Alliance, and/or the Horde= HORRID Storytelling...

After seeing so many of his fellow orcs dying in battle and with the memory of his father's sacrifice, in both AU and MU, still fresh in his mind, Garrosh enters an extreme Bloodlust/Blood Fury state, which aided by *insert random conjuring/astral event* allowed him to comute with Broxigar.

With the knowledge and power of the old, forgotten hero absorbed into his body, he fights alone ALL the invasion force until he reaches Gul'dan. Without second thought he leaps into the air spliting the warlock in two. Garrosh collapses, overwhelmed by his power and dies. Out of his body a small seedling rises, growing fast into a tree. At the heart of the tree the legendary Axe of Cenarius can be seen.

In later assaults on Argus, Varok is seen wielding the axe and destroying Sargeras, aided by a band of unnamed heroes.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    In a short story it turned out Garrosh didn't allow for this attack, or any other attack on the Alliance during the campaign. It was an idea of another asshole, who was then punished by Garrosh.

I'd say chances are, Garrosh would begrudgingly cooperate with Varian as Sylvanas/Vol'Jin did in Broken Shore (which wasn't really a cooperation, just two armies happened to be in the same place), but the "hold the cliff" scenario wouldn't end with a retreat. Hellscream wasn't a runner, and knowing that he would surrencer and flee with the Alliance fought bravery wouldn't help.
    I have to agree. Garrosh would have worked with the Alliance to defeat the Legion. He was going out of his way in MoP to get his hands on every warlock he could to kill them. On the whole retreat scenario, I don't know.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

Deleted
    I can see it. Varian is fighting his ass off and being overwhelmed. Garrosh jumps in the fray yelling, "HIS BLOOD IS MINE TO SHED" He kills a demon right before it is about to strike Varian in the back. Varian than snarky says, "I was wondering when you would show up" This line again taken from the Wrathgate scenario. He then says, " Your next after this whelp..." They both work together with great synergy with Garrosh noticing he fights like an Orc would. The rest of the Alliance and Horde notice their strength and become stronger and more encouraged than before. The Alliance and Horde then worked together to push to Guldan. Guldan than noticed that the Legion forces are actually coming slower than the combined strength of the horde and Alliance working together.

Guldan then summons Krosus to stall everyone. Krosus manages to do a shattering blow to both Varian and Garrosh knocking them back. Krosus then starts to charge his lazer to fire at the two heroes. Then Tirion out of nowhere charges in to save the two heroes. He manages to summon a guardian to lift Varian away from the fight. He then goes to Garrosh and summons his divine steed to carry him away. In that split second as Garrosh is moved Krosus fires his lazer directly where he is. He manages to use his Divine Shield but the attack is too much. Eventually his shield fails and he is caught in the blast. Varian and Garrosh come to their senses and witness the blow done to Tirion. Tirion's last words are, "We are greater as a whole, fight with honor, our enemy is ahead..."

Garrosh at that point had a wakening in his head. He looks at Varian and said, "My true enemy is ahead, lets finish this." The heroes of the horde and Alliance manage to reach this point and fight Krosus as Garrosh and Varian move towards Guldan. Instead of the scenario we saw Varian fighting alone trying to get to Guldan we see Garrosh by his side making quick work of the demons. Guldan then worried attempts to summon the Fel Reaver only to be interrupted by Slyvanas firing an arrow towards his location.

Garrosh and Varian only feet away move in for an attack as Guldan then suddenly traps both of them in a hold with neither of them being able to move. Tyrande then pops in and Slyvanas then both shoot at Guldan forcing him to defend himself and freeing the two heroes.

They then both go in for the final blow as he says, "If I'm going down, so will all of you!" Guldan then starts to consume fel energy at a alarming rate growing in power looking like he is going to burst any moment and explode. He then holds Varian and Garrosh in a hold again trappign them both. Slyvanas and Tyrande then fire arrows at Guldan only for him to take the arrows directly. Knowing this is his last stand he laughs saying, " Your arrogance will now cost you greatly, BOTH the Alliance and Horde will FALL TODAY, ANOTHER WILL TAKE MY PLACE!" Guldan then explodes wiping out nearly everything on the island with him. Varian, Garrosh, Slyvanas, Tyrande, Alliance and Horde heroes all die in the blast.

The situation ended up becoming a worse scenario without the retreat.

Would've been interesting to see him showing up unexpectedly to lead the horde and redeem himself in the middle of the fray, only to perish in the end as Varian did.