Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I entirely support the OP's suggestion.

Sure, Sephuz, Prydaz, and other multi-spec Legendaries HAVE USE in multiple specs, but that doesn't mean they're fun or change your playstyle. I also don't think anyone would prefer to have three all-spec Legendaries over having nine Legendaries (three per spec).

This system is designed to help people get Legendaries for their off-specs. There are plenty of people right now that have three all-spec Legendaries, and they would receive absolutely NO benefit from this change, whereas someone that has gotten three spec-specific Legendaries will get full benefit. There should NEVER be a point where getting a Legendary is a bad thing, but with this proposed system you are arguably punished for getting a utility all-spec Legendary as it diminishes the drop chance of all off-spec Legendaries. Unconditionally, a better system would be one that benefits all players instead of just some, and that's entirely setting aside Legendary balance.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and have you thought maybe the possability that lets say

(just to make it easier)

you get 100 points of BLP per spec
    you get an unholy legendary and lose 100 in unholy
    you now have 100 in blood 100 in frost, 0 in unholy
    you then get on blood and get a all spec legendary, and it costs 33 for each spec
    so now you have 66 blood, 66 frost, and -33 in unholy?
    I have no idea if anyone has already debunked this (I haven't read through the entire thread), but what you said isn't how it works.

Using the same system you described:

You have 100 BLP per spec
    You play Blood and get Sephuz, and it costs 33 for each spec
    You now have 67 in Blood, 67 in Frost, and 67in Unholy
    You then get on Frost and get Drapes, and it costs 33 for each spec
    You now have 34 in Blood, 34 in Frost, and 34 in Unholy
    You now have Sephuz, Drapes, and Unholy Helm
    Let's say you stay Frost and get Prydaz, and it costs 33 for each spec
    You now have no BLP in any spec, but you only have 3 Legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    you misunderstand the purpose of legendaries. They arent meant to be targetted and there is no such thing as a bad legendary. If you get a utility legendary its still an upgrade over the epic you were wearing so you should be happy and lose the entitled attitude. If someone gives you 5 dollars when you dont need any then that isnt punishing you. Sure it would be nice to have 20 but you got 5 and you didnt need any. Legendaries are all benefit and no punishment unless you have something better than 940
    While I do agree that this system is better than (or at least neutral with) what we have at this exact moment, the entire point of feedback is to improve potential systems, so saying that we shouldn't complain or discuss this proposed bad luck protection system, or that we're entitled for wanting something better, is completely asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    So your definition of the "rich" is someone who has no legendary?
    Someone that has no Legendaries will benefit from both Blizzard's proposed system as well as OP's suggested system. His definition of "rich" is someone with only spec-specific Legendaries (as they would gain the maximum benefit from this change), and his definition of "poor" is someone with only all-spec Legendaries (as they would gain zero benefit from this change). His choice of wording is a little bit off, but the concept remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    You are speculating.
    What he said is not speculation; all-spec Legendaries are confirmed to count against your bad-luck protection for every spec it can drop for, so his scenario of someone having 9 Legendaries and someone else having only 3 is completely possible (and his suggestion would be helping the person with only 3).
    Last edited by Tehr; 2017-03-23 at 08:19 AM.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Because Nostalgia nuts claimed they LOVED when that REALLY rare item dropped for them and it made the game great back in the day. That really cool item with that proc that only .0001% of the population got was great! Random drop legendaries like Twin Blades and Thunderfury were MUCH better than the system from WoD/MoP.
    Didn't they compare legendaries in Legion with the epic world drops from Vanilla instead of the raid boss drops like TF bindings or Twinblades? I mean i can't speak for everybody playing Vanilla but i remember very well how happy i was when i got my Glowing Brightwood Staff, my Stockade Pauldrons and my Dwarven Hand Cannon for example. Getting stuff like that drop while questing or farming always put a large smile on my face.

I do think though that with legendaries this system works less since everyone wants the good legendaries asap, while in Vanilla the BoE world drop legendaries were nice to have, but in no way as desired as legendaries are now.

Just delete that legendary/tf/wf system.

The difference is you dont need legendaries. You dont need the money. You only want it and feel entitled to it. Blizzard did not design them based on the 3rd party competitive scene because thats not the world of warcraft they design. They want the items to be special omg moments not another item to check off your list.
    Your and blizzard's expectations are not realistic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Although I agree. It's too late for that I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    Although I agree. It's too late for that I'm afraid.
    Yeah, they shouldn't implement it in the first place.

What can make the system more flawed than it is, is user interpretation really. It's not 100% though I will state.
    Out of the pre-existing legendaries, a lot of them contain RNG right from the very beginning, even from the beginnings of the game with the bindings and start the lengthy process to forge Thunderfury, the Blessed Blade of the Windseeker. Warglaives of Azzinoth (left and right) and Thori'dal are like the current system where they drop. Ironically in the very expansion Legion is taking stem from.
    What sometimes makes me scratch my head is that people on the whole will go out their way to collect the legendaries from the past, putting in time, effort, gold and resources but in the same token are upset that legendaries are obtainable for every class, not individuals or smaller groups like before...

Anyway, as for the system itself, it's something they've tried to make interesting and helpful but the equips is all down to understanding player's way of gameplay and problem is when you have millions of players it can vary quite a bit. There's only so much testing, then on top of that having two modes such as PvE and PvP, it was silly to clump them together but I think the lesson is learned now.
    One example of Blizzard releasing unpredictable content by not really knowing an impact till the game is properly live and means-tested, is the infliction Blizzard developers have with the Arcanoncrystal trinket. When introduced it allowed those lucky to receive it, a good push in things like item level and having a part worthy trinket as they dsigned it so mythics and raids proved better for those that could could compete with harder content, however as the game has continued with new content, new raids, mythic plus progressively being tackled at higher levels and added Titan-forging going higher it's caused a collision in output and thus difficult to replace.
    On the end user example, something like Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus is perceived as bad because for example as a damage dealer, it offers nothing in output however in utility it does, saving your ass from a mechanic, saving your healers mana or those many instances you can think of where it does come in useful.

People do tend to be quite cutting, it's easy thing to do when you have a lot of interest and investment into the game but people forget Blizzard aren't full of robots. They make mistakes and do try to fix them and like any other human beings, the fix may not be wholesome either but have to wait and see really because i na game of this magnitude and being live, fuck it must be always an up-mountain struggle compared to up-hill struggle.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-03-23 at 11:19 AM.

As a holy paladin I finally got my legendary shoulders last week.. The effect of the shoulders are 8-10% of my healing. That is just 1 legendary... Now add a second one and the effect of thoroughput legendaries becomes apparent..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    this is why all the utility ones are getting buffed, and all the spec specific throughput increasing ones are being nerfed. Way it's headed, utility is gonna end up best DPS option for some. Let's not forget that Prydyz can literally save wipes too. It was undervalued at launch, now, I'd say it's hands down the best legendary for every spec in the game. The absorb is OP as hell and well worth a 2% DPS loss.
    why would you ever use a Prydaz if u got better DPS ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    [B]

I have no idea if anyone has already debunked this (I haven't read through the entire thread), but what you said isn't how it works.

Using the same system you described:

You have 100 BLP per spec
    You play Blood and get Sephuz, and it costs 33 for each spec
    You now have 67 in Blood, 67 in Frost, and 67in Unholy
    You then get on Frost and get Drapes, and it costs 33 for each spec
    You now have 34 in Blood, 34 in Frost, and 34 in Unholy
    You now have Sephuz, Drapes, and Unholy Helm
    Let's say you stay Frost and get Prydaz, and it costs 33 for each spec
    You now have no BLP in any spec, but you only have 3 Legendaries.
    and has blizz confirmed if legendaries cost the same? what im saying is with this system cross spec legendaries may cost the same but split across all 3
    so a unholy costs 100
    but a all spec costs 33 in each

I got 4 utility legendary on 1 char in a row. Reading this is depressing.

I like the legendary/TF/WF system, makes loot interesting and makes it not completely dull to run bosses or raids where your own gear is a higher ilvl than the baseline of the loot. It was always random, that's not different.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I agree. Personally, I think it would if they remove legendary items from the game. It creates more trouble than it is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    Why was this system ever ok even without these changes? It was a horrible idea from the start.
    Completely agree. These expansion legendaries were a bad idea, and implemented poorly. A large contributor to the expansion's failure.

Blizzard isnt designing the game how your viewing it lol your gonna continue to not have fun. The majority of the playerbase doesnt care about dps rankings aslong as they pass the minimum and can down the content their happy. Legendaries and procced gear add to the excitement whenever it randomly happens. The game should not be designed to favor the small minority of players who constantly complain about how their forced to grind the game they hate so they can be number 1 at it.. If all that world of log and all that jazz was a focus of the game Blizz would have capitalized on it but instead they design games like legion
    You need to understand that it's not cool to listen how skilled are your guild mates (who have obviously bis legs) who hit 90 or more percentiles after every fraking kill, 10 times during the raid and how bad you must play when parsing only 60-70 (because no luck with legs). It's a RL scenario and it's not a rare thing in progressing guilds. The leg system destroys raiding community from inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vzz View Post
    You need to understand that it's not cool to listen how skilled are your guild mates (who have obviously bis legs) who hit 90 or more percentiles after every fraking kill, 10 times during the raid and how bad you must play when parsing only 60-70 (because no luck with legs). It's a RL scenario and it's not a rare thing in progressing guilds. The leg system destroys raiding community from inside.
    This is nonsense...
    What you describe is a typical shitty guild. Or maybe some group finder pugs.
    There's something to progression, and that is a lot of theoretical knowledge. From that, a person will NOT be judged by their raw output. That never happens. Whether you have legendaries or not isn't relevant. What's relevant is what you provide with the gear you are wearing. What you should do with what you have.
    If THAT is constantly too low, then there's an issue that will have to be addressed. Because chances are you screw up your rotation, or your situational awareness during the fights isn't optimal and causes a loss of damage throughput. Additionally, your dps matters not. No experienced person gives a fuck about it. Your damage total matters.
    Another one is, that you will not lose 20 or even 30% because of some legs. That won't happen. A few percent, yes. But not 30%.. What else are you wearing instead in that slot? Nothing?
    Sorry, your exaggerating a scenario that doesn't make sense.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    And it is also about completing raids when you progress and have several 1 or 2% wipes and people start asking why you do 5% less dps than the equally geared other player of the spec with bis legendaries.
    In my experience in this game, when the situation you described above happens, no one gives a damn even if you are the best there is with that class and spec, you do 5% less dps than the average, the wipes are at 1-2% or even a little higher, you better increase that DPS or you are out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and has blizz confirmed if legendaries cost the same? what im saying is with this system cross spec legendaries may cost the same but split across all 3
    so a unholy costs 100
    but a all spec costs 33 in each
    They've said all-spec Legendaries count towards one of the three Legendaries eligible for bad luck protection for every single spec. Prydaz counts as a Blood, Frost, and Unholy Legendary simultaneously, so having three all-spec Legendaries means you can no longer get bad luck protection for any spec.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

the game isnt really about that. That shit takes place on 3rd party websites, the games about completing raids

- - - Updated - - -

compete with who? The game isnt about comparing your dps to another in your group its more of clearing conten. That game you play takes places on 3rd party websites. Aslong as you do the required dps to kill the boss and carry your weight your good to go. If you couldnt reach the required dps without a legendary then it would be understable but its just a luxury.. extra credit on a math test
    Unfortunately all that you said, is false. Maybe not the third party website for kill points, but the logging is basically intertwined with the game. Guilds use it as a tool to incorporate good players into their guild and weed out bad players. So if you want to get into better guilds, the logs are required to clear content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    They clearly want there to be some punishment to switching specs and characters to make your main feel like main.
    That is nice, here is the thing though, all the balancing, fixing,nerfing, issues with classes and specs must be finished before the release of the expansion, so if someone chooses a main, that main stays thay way for the whole expansion, otherwise it is just not acceptable.