Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Based on the sample questions he provided he's not wanting to avoid entitled people. He's trying to make himself a safe place where he wont encounter opposing political views.

Tell me what does "a candidate’s stance on America, police, and guns" have to do with how entitled or whiny they are? Different political stance == entitled now?
    Maybe so, but I was talking about the term Snowflake in general.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This is awesome and funny at the same time. I had to take a personality test once, it asked me things like "is taking things home from work without permission stealing?" After I was hired I asked my manager, who in the hell could possibility fail that? He said, "You would be surprised..."
    Those personality tests are both hysterical (at times) and elicit even more hysterical answers. I'm in recruiting and we use a couple of different tests - the answers just crack us up.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Yes, cause your position on gun control means you can be a "whiney entitled person"

Person you quoted is right.
    A lot of Democrats are pro gun, it's just their party that isn't.

What? Snowflakes?

If you go for a interview not knowing what the company does, you're an idiot,
    If you apply for someone where without the proper qualification or experience or with nothing releated to said business, then you're not getting in,

This isn't someone being a snowflake, this is people being stupid

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of Democrats are pro gun, it's just their party that isn't.
    And?

Not sure what you are trying to say here. Nor do I see how this refutes what I said.

Also as someone that is pro-gun. Wanting gun control doesn't mean I'm anti gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I think you failed the test already brah.

- - - Updated - - -

An example of one of the questions is "When was the last time you cried and why?"

Yeah, I don't think you would have to go past that question to get accurate results.
    "When my mother passed away"

What can you tell about my personality regarding that answer?

15+ Year Old Account
    What's the correct answer to the gun question? I can't tell.
    Whining that 'those people' want to take ur guns or whining that we don't want other people to have any guns?

Good way to weed out the millennials that will just complain the whole time they're there.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe so, but I was talking about the term Snowflake in general.
    Being afraid or offended of differing political views is pretty much the general definition of "snowflake". The irony around this employer is actually quite hilarious.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Being afraid or offended of differing political views is pretty much the general definition of "snowflake". The irony around this employer is actually quite hilarious.
    Fair point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Good way to weed out the millennials that will just complain the whole time they're there.
    Please change your name, you´re embarrassing me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    "When my mother passed away"

What can you tell about my personality regarding that answer?
    You forgot to answer "Why did you cry?". It all comes down to how you formulate yourself. If you answer in a way that fit their requirement routine then great, you passed, if you don't, then you didn't.

They would not need this kind of thing if they had a handful of applications but they do not, they have too many to handle. It doesn't matter if the test is great or horrible as long as it lowers the amount of applications and that some of those applications is good.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    But they are trying to predict "attitude" based on political beliefs, which is illegal.
    Political beliefs are not a protected class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    But they are trying to predict "attitude" based on political beliefs, which is illegal.
    As someone who has participated in recruiting, I can say that there's a lot of things that can appear very offputting to hireing someone, as long as he isn't asking questions like "Which party do you consider yourself an affiliate to", there's, in my opinion nothing wrong with his questions.

It's his company and his money that is on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Please change your name, you´re embarrassing me.
    Please read more than just a few posts.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

If they stick with their definition of Snowflake, the answer do not matter, it's how you defend that is important. You can be for or against gun control (in the example) , if you cannot back that answer with a coherent explanation, I agree, you might be whiny and unproductive.

Same with political believe, as long as they judge the explanation and not the answer, I'm all for it.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    You forgot to answer "Why did you cry?". It all comes down to how you formulate yourself. If you answer in a way that fit their requirement routine then great, you passed, if you don't, then you didn't.

They would not need this kind of thing if they had a handful of applications but they do not, they have too many to handle. It doesn't matter if the test is great or horrible as long as it lowers the amount of applications and that some of those applications is good.
    That was my answer to the last time I cried....

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    This is awesome and funny at the same time. I had to take a personality test once, it asked me things like "is taking things home from work without permission stealing?" After I was hired I asked my manager, who in the hell could possibility fail that? He said, "You would be surprised..."
    Yeah, it is interesting what people will admit to in interviews.

I found behavior interviews to be a piece of cake (basically asking you to describe a time in the past where, for example, you had a conflict at the workplace and how did you handle it), but, doing those interviews myself now, I'm blown away by how easy it is to catch people describing bad behavior while trying to rationalize that it was actually good behavior on their part. The technique is pretty easy and works extremely well.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    If they stick with their definition of Snowflake, the answer do not matter, it's how you defend that is important. You can be for or against gun control (in the example) , if you cannot back that answer with a coherent explanation, I agree, you might be whiny and unproductive.

Same with political believe, as long as they judge the explanation and not the answer, I'm all for it.
    He said in another source that he would not hire someone who was "not pro-second amendment".
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    That was my answer to the last time I cried....
    You cried "when your mother passed away" cool, and "why did you cry"? Was it because you were sad that she's gone? Happy? Tears of relief that her pain finally was over? Was it tears of anger? Did you only cry because everyone else did and you thought that was how you should act?

Nothing personal. Your answer just makes my questions sound so damn harsh...
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.