Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    How come the video specifically says "Lefty snowflakes", even though neither the CEO person or the article mentions any political leaning at all?

IMO, if you take what he said at face value, that it is all about being able to formulate your views coherently and grammatically correct, then I agree with him and I think more companies should do this or something equivalent. It is important to be able to back your views up with sound arguments.

But it might also just be a way to filter those who have disagreeable opinions. Who knows?

Constant outrage onvthe right, they literally are crying in the streets and have conservative safe spaces at colleges. Conservatives are known to literally cry and scream when they lose.

Says more about the state of his company to be honest.

While the super successful companies are falling over themselves to try and get the best people with all kinds of benefits and perks; hes trying to find the best of whats left. Scrapping the barrel.

I would like to take this test, if possible. It sounds like fun.

As said, in-person interviews really are little more than personality tests themselves. Eye contact, posture, handshake, thoughts on the business and your future. If being asked about your political stances elicits a negative reaction from you, that speaks to your personality.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This is awesome and funny at the same time. I had to take a personality test once, it asked me things like "is taking things home from work without permission stealing?" After I was hired I asked my manager, who in the hell could possibility fail that? He said, "You would be surprised..."
    I was asked a very similar thing in an interview once: "Would you be comfortable stealing office equipment on a regular basis?"

I risked it and responded with "Only occasionally, birthdays and such." I actually had to explain that I was joking.

I guess there's all sorts of people.

That's hilarious, because right-wing people tend to be incredibly triggered by the thought of feminists, SJW's and PC-culture.
    This feels more like them wanting only employees of a certain political stance, and anyone that doesn't agree with them is discarded as "whiny, unproductive snowflakes"...

Maybe just as well that they show their true colors. <.<
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-23 at 03:27 PM.

This guy's a fucking dipshit lol. Seems pretty entitled too. He can keep his job(s) - there plenty of other places to find employment.

I don't see anything wrong with this, as long as it's executed intelligently... which it seems like it more than likely would be since the goal is to find potentially increased productivity.

I think this CEO's definition of "snowflake" is much different than the whiny, pretty unproductive (on the internet all day to defend Trump everywhere they can find), Trump dicksuckers' definition of "snowflake" (which is just something I typically see typed out of laziness and stupidity as a replacement for an intelligent reply). This guy seems like he could be all about business and find his version of snowflakes irregardless of party lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is awesome and funny at the same time. I had to take a personality test once, it asked me things like "is taking things home from work without permission stealing?" After I was hired I asked my manager, who in the hell could possibility fail that? He said, "You would be surprised..."
    Most of the people who complain about others complaining complain just as much as the people they are saying complain too much. It's like how the people who complain that everyone "Gets so easily offended nowadays" are the same ones who get offended over a Starbucks cup not saying "Merry Christmas".
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Most of the people who complain about others complaining complain just as much as the people they are saying complain too much. It's like how the people who complain that everyone "Gets so easily offended nowadays" are the same ones who get offended over a Starbucks cup not saying "Merry Christmas".
    I'm convinced the whole starbucks thing is mostly internet trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    If being asked about your political stances elicits a negative reaction from you, that speaks to your personality.
    Yes, it says you are there to work, not discuss politics. Though I don't see that as a personality trait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    ... which it seems like it more than likely would be since the goal is to find potentially increased productivity.
    It seems to me like the goal is to get rid of people that aren't like him. I really don't see any evidence that his questions would lead to a more productive work force.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.
    If more people realized this, we could have a lot more respectful debates.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    This seems like wishful thinking. It's not like it's unheard of that certain sections of the population get extremely upset anytime the idea of the US as a Christian nation gets challenged.
    It's not just coffee cups, its other things too. This shit is trolling 101. Just like that ghostbuster girl, people say shit to get a rise out of people. Do I disagree there aren't people who believe what they are saying? No but at the same time I know how trolls operate.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just coffee cups, its other things too. This shit is trolling 101. Just like that ghostbuster girl, people say shit to get a rise out of people. Do I disagree there aren't people who believe what they are saying? No but at the same time I know how trolls operate.
    You could label anything as "Trolling". The truth of the matter is, people complain about shit. That's who human beings are. From the softest of the soft to the hardest, grizzled musclebound dude. Everyone complains about shit, and everyone gets offended over something. Just like the CEO in this thread. Peer into his life and I'm sure he's just a giant drama queen underneath it all.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

A lot of Democrats are pro gun, it's just their party that isn't.
    Not sure how basic common sense laws like ensuring people who are medically and legal mentally unstable unable to buy a gun, is some how antigun.

Man there's so many snowflakes here who don't even realize they're being whiny snowflakes, and I only read the first page.

That said though, the test itself seems like shit, but the attitude a snowflake would give off to seeing questions like this (AKA: "being triggered") is what the test is supposedly trying to get out of it, so it's like being smart without actually giving a smart test.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's my experience that people are very quick to accuse others of trolling, even when there's little to suggest that they are. It seems to function as a way of solving cognitive dissonance created by one's expectations and the behavior of others.
    It's also my experience that people who accuse obvious trolling as something that people actually believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Man there's so many snowflakes here who don't even realize they're being whiny snowflakes, and I only read the first page.
    Stop being a whiny snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I fail to see why my stance on guns would be relevant for a job...unless it's a gun store, obviously.
    Compatibility with other workers. Most companies do this sort of stuff, its just not so blatant.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who use snowflake unironically tend to be projecting.

What this reads like is - man wants to ensure he doesn't come into contact with political views that differ from his, so implements and widely publicises policy that will put off those with different views, even in a place where you can quite easily have no political discussions.

You can determine who is going to work hard with far better methods than asking views on gun control (just 1 of the examples given). This just looks like he's trying to create a safe space where he doesn't have to work with anyone that might disagree with him. Even if they don't ever talk about it.

On the plus side this means that anyone looking for a job that doesn't want to work with some who would do this can avoid wasting their time applying here.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2017-03-23 at 04:47 PM.