Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trump: 'I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president and you’re not'

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...w-truth-236404

In a wide-ranging interview with Time Magazine, President Donald Trump defended his prior controversial statements on wiretapping, voter fraud and an array of other issues, claiming that he has ultimately been proven right time and time again.

“I’m a very instinctual person, but my instinct turns out to be right,” Trump told Time’s Washington bureau chief Michael Scherer in an interview conducted Wednesday and published Thursday morning. “I tend to be right. I’m an instinctual person, I happen to be a person that knows how life works.”

To support his claim, Trump pointed to his prediction that Britain would vote to leave the European Union, his insistence that NATO member states meet their defense spending obligations when “nobody knew that they weren’t paying” and his shocking victory in the presidential election itself as proof that he is often proven right.

But Trump also pointed to more dubious examples, including his mysterious reference during a February rally to some unspecified event that happened “last night in Sweden” when nothing had happened in the Scandinavian country the night before. The White House later sought to clarify that Trump had been speaking generally about rising crime in Sweden, not a specific event, but in his Time interview, Trump said he had been vindicated by riots that broke out in the Swedish capital two days after his “last night” remark.

The president’s interview took place Wednesday shortly after House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) made his announcement that he had obtained information that members of Trump’s transition team had been under inadvertent government surveillance after last year’s presidential election. Trump seized on those remarks, telling his interviewer “that means I’m right” about his claim that former President Barack Obama had ordered a wiretap of Trump Tower.

But Nunes himself said his new information did not corroborate Trump’s allegation and the president seemingly bristled when the Time interviewer pointed out that the House Intelligence Committee chairman’s description of incidental collection would mean that it was not transition team members who had been under surveillance.

“Who know what it is?” Trump said.

The president also stuck to his guns on his claim that millions of people voted illegally in last year’s elections, ballots that he has said cost him the popular vote. Neither Trump nor any other White House official has offered proof for the allegation, which he has stated previously not as a theory but as a fact.

“Well I think I will be proved right about that too,” Trump said when asked about his claims of illegal voting, promising that form a commission on the “very serious problem.” “Well now if you take a look at the votes, when I say that, I mean mostly they register wrong, in other words, for the votes, they register incorrectly, and/or illegally. And they then vote. You have tremendous numbers of people.”

Trump was unapologetic about one of his most outlandish claims, made during the GOP primary, that Sen. Ted Cruz’s father had been somehow involved in the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy. He was similarly unwilling to back away from claims made by the White House citing Fox News contributor Andrew Napolitano, who has been pulled off the air by the conservative network following his allegation that the British government surveilled Trump Tower at Obama’s behest.

Trump told Time he had only been “quoting highly respected people from highly respected television networks.”

“That’s the story,” Trump said as the interview ended. “Hey look, in the meantime, I guess, I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not. You know.”

He's got an 80% approval rating among Republicans.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

“That’s the story,” Trump said as the interview ended. “Hey look, in the meantime, I guess, I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not. You know.”
    The president of the United States continues to speak and behave with all of the knowledge and maturity of a 5 year old. Then again, considering he tapes the back of his tie to the front, which is about the level of ingenuity you'd expect from a relatively average 5 year old, it makes sense.

Trump has tiny hands!

Remember what it was like when the word 'presidential' meant something? It seems like a far-off dream now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Trump has tiny hands!
    He does?
    /10hands

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Remember what it was like when the word 'presidential' meant something? It seems like a far-off dream now...
    Yeah, we haven't had a good president since the 80's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    He does?
    /10hands

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...uickly-deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, id say the 40s and 50s

Yeah, yeah, say what you like about Obama, the man is classy AF.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Trump: YOU ARE FAKE FOOD!

He couldn't do that. What would he replace McDonalds with, considering they apparently make up a solid chunk of his diet? : P

Trump dismissed the Gallup poll in which he is at 39%. He then touts Fox News at 45%, I believe. Not knowing or acknowledging that it fell 4 points.

More to add on what an idiot he is was when he reminded that Lincoln was a Republican. Even Romney did this, which is not the problem. The problem was he really thought he was dropping knowledge. Trump always talks like he is breaking news that no one else knows.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trump has tiny hands!
    They are not a handicap for golf however. The greatest Golfer ever is one with small hands. Jack Nicklaus. He was frowned upon when he entered professional golf because it was thought at the time the good golfers had large hands. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    The problem was he really thought he was dropping knowledge. Trump always talks like he is breaking news that no one else knows.
    Hey now, nobody knew how complicated health care was until Trump told us. Nobody, he told you!

Rocking that 37% approval rating.
    Last edited by Goldenboy1; 2017-03-23 at 05:11 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Trump dismissed the Gallup poll in which he is at 39%. He then touts Fox News at 45%, I believe. Not knowing or acknowledging that it fell 4 points.

More to add on what an idiot he is was when he reminded that Lincoln was a Republican. Even Romney did this, which is not the problem. The problem was he really thought he was dropping knowledge. Trump always talks like he is breaking news that no one else knows.
    Well he proved the polls in the swing states he won to not be reliable. And the bookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He couldn't do that. What would he replace McDonalds with, considering they apparently make up a solid chunk of his diet? : P
    Shots fired!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The president of the United States continues to speak and behave with all of the knowledge and maturity of a 5 year old. Then again, considering he tapes the back of his tie to the front, which is about the level of ingenuity you'd expect from a relatively average 5 year old, it makes sense.
    I mean the way he said it was pretty arrogant, but he's got a point. I mean if you're measuring success by your career you can't really get much higher than the leader of a first world country.

At least he'd be telling the truth, for a change.

Those eggs can't be real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Well he proved the polls in the swing states he won to not be reliable. And the bookies.
    That's not proving them to be unreliable, just that yes, statistically low possibilities are still possibilities.