Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Entitlement is a relevant word for this behavior.

Players have an extreme sense of entitlement that if it doesn't have a reward attached to the activity, they don't do it. They feel entitled that everything must have rewards.

Completing a difficult quest back in Vanilla was reward in and of itself. Passing an attunement requirement was a reward in and of itself.

It seems if the activity doesn't have an achievement, or pet, or toy, or mount associated with it, then its not worth doing. Whatever happened to just being out in the world and interacting with other players for the hell of it?
    Very true, and something I raised in another thread recently about the micro-holidays.
    What happened to doing something for fun.
    Why must something which is anything less than "optimal" be deemed useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I liked running around in Ungoro even without any rewards. There was a raid going, killing some elites, chatting a bit, pushing one guy to a hundred stacks just to see what happens. A little fun was had by everyone. An hour wasted? Sure. But isn't the whole game time wasted.

Not even remotely a failure in my opinion.

I've enjoyed them all so far. It's just a little shake up of the daily routine, which is nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Entitlement is a relevant word for this behavior.

Players have an extreme sense of entitlement that if it doesn't have a reward attached to the activity, they don't do it. They feel entitled that everything must have rewards.

Completing a difficult quest back in Vanilla was reward in and of itself. Passing an attunement requirement was a reward in and of itself.

It seems if the activity doesn't have an achievement, or pet, or toy, or mount associated with it, then its not worth doing. Whatever happened to just being out in the world and interacting with other players for the hell of it?
    or, ya know, some people just don't feel like doing certain things without any thought past it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I get that they don't want unique rewards for one day holiday, but no rewards at all was bad idea. When I log in I always choose content with some reward over stuff like micro holiday.

I think for holiday like this, they should make few WQ in Ungoro and switch emissary there for one day. Same with timewalking, if there is Outland timewalking up, we should have world quest and emissary in new zone each day, like hellfire->zangarmarsch->terokkar->nagrand->blades edge->netherstorm->shadowmoon. It would truly feel "We are back in BC this week", + it would be great to have small break from Broken Isles. And don't tell me this is impossible, they did it in Silithus, just without emissary.
    Hire this person!

The poll didn't include a third valid option - Did you want to take part in the event but couldn't?

I wanted to but was busy doing other things. By the time I remembered to log in and do it, it was over.