Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.06164c3b0e75

Great article here. We really need to stamp out this idea that most of the people who are poor are lazy and don't try. They're poor because the system is rigged against them. Just look at the growth in inequality and money in politics.
    Pretty much this. I grew up in a wealthy family and pretty much coasted through life. In my 30s now and making 1% money while having the time to surf the internet and playing WoW while in the office.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Okay, so what's the problem? In both cases, it's just people paying off their debts. It's just not necessarily with money.
    Problem with what? I have no problem with people paying off their debts they agreed to. Mr. Trump, you aren't making any sense.

You seem to think I have a problem with your freaky bondage autonomy deal you want to push. I don't give a damn what you do, so long as you are not harming others against their will. Get them to sign a contract, be the sadist you always wanted to be. Banks will choose a different path, actually having people pay back their loans with money. Personally, I think the banks have a better business model. Not only does their model allow them to continue loaning money, but people are more likely to agree to it. On top of that, since you don't even seem to have a job or money, you don't have anything to offer on your end of the contract.

In the end, people should pay back the loans they take out, just as they stated they would do in their contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    How can it not cover it? If you get bostadstillägg it basically covers like, 99% of your rent for one(Assuming you got aktivitetsersättning/sjukersättning since you were home for a few years), in addition to the rest of the money you get.

??? Why would you do that? You get a resebevis if you have to travel to get to healthcare which makes it free to travel between the healthcare place and your home.
    It didn't cover it because they ruled that I wasn't eligible for bostadstillägg, and I got no such thing as resebevis, I asked how I was supposed to handle transportation to the doctors and was told to handle it myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    It didn't cover it because they ruled that I wasn't eligible for bostadstillägg, and I got no such thing as resebevis, I asked how I was supposed to handle transportation to the doctors and was told to handle it myself.
    So how can you not get by on it if you weren't eligible for bostadstillägg? That means you must've had a relatively high income or a lot of spare money, you basically need to have 100k+ in savings for them to say you're not eligible for it or a high income, in which case I don't understand how you can not get by on it.

You should have talked to someone else then if your doctors were that retarded.

"Vem har rätt till sjukresa?
    Landstinget i Blekinge har ett resebevis för gratis sjukresa, till och från vården, som gäller för resor inom Blekinge län med Blekingetrafikens bussar, Öresundståg Pågatåg och Krösatåg. Resebeviset bifogas kallelsen från Landstinget.
    Resebeviset är personligt och vid biljettkontroll ska legitimation kunna uppvisas. Resebeviset gäller för tur- och returresa och en medresenär får kostnadsfritt följa med. Resebevis som är utställt på minderårig gäller som färdbevis för hela familjen."

edit: Oh, I assume you live in Stockholm since you "plankade"... Seems they're stricter with that stuff than here.
    Last edited by mmoc6608731cf5; 2017-03-23 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    Poorness isn't why people are lazy either.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Problem with what? I have no problem with people paying off their debts they agreed to. Mr. Trump, you aren't making any sense.

You seem to think I have a problem with your freaky bondage autonomy deal you want to push. I don't give a damn what you do, so long as you are not harming others against their will. Get them to sign a contract, be the sadist you always wanted to be. Banks will choose a different path, actually having people pay back their loans with money. Personally, I think the banks have a better business model. Not only does their model allow them to continue loaning money, but people are more likely to agree to it. On top of that, since you don't even seem to have a job or money, you don't have anything to offer on your end of the contract.

In the end, people should pay back the loans they take out, just as they stated they would do in their contract.
    At the end of the day, all you are saying it's perfectly okay for people to slave off the rest of their lives 16 hours a day if it means paying off a debt they incurred because of one wrong mistake early on.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

At the end of the day, all you are saying it's perfectly okay for people to slave off the rest of their lives 16 hours a day if it means paying off a debt they incurred because of one wrong mistake early on.
    At the end of the day, that is not what I'm saying. I'm saying people should be responsible for their choices in life, and should repay the debts they agreed to pay. If you don't like it, don't ever borrow money... ever. What you are complaining about is 100% preventable, just don't fucking do it.

At the end of the day, that is not what I'm saying. I'm saying people should be responsible for their choices in life, and should repay the debts they agreed to pay. If you don't like it, don't ever borrow money... ever. What you are complaining about is 100% preventable, just don't fucking do it.
    That's the same thing, you just reworded it into something that sounds better to you.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

So how can you not get by on it if you weren't eligible for bostadstillägg? That means you must've had a relatively high income or a lot of spare money, you basically need to have 100k+ for them to say you're not eligible for it or a high income.

You should have talked to someone else then if your doctors were that retarded.
    Yeah that minimum wage income sure was too high, and my 0 in savings was a lot of spare money, when I finally got to kronofogden because I couldn't pay all of my bills they ruled there was nothing to take from me since I had no income to speak of, no savings and no possessions they could sell off.
    As for why it was rejected I honestly can't remember, it's a period of my life I'm trying very hard to forget.

And I asked my doctors, försäkringskassan and socialtjänsten about travel expenses and was told by all of them to cover it myself, not sure who else you'd suggest I should have talked to since those are the ones who are supposed to help you in those situations.

Remember though that this was more than 10 years ago and a lot have changed since then.

Edit: and yes I live in Stockholm.
    Last edited by Caelia; 2017-03-23 at 05:58 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah that minimum wage income sure was too high, and my 0 in savings was a lot of spare money, when I finally got to kronofogden because I couldn't pay all of my bills they ruled there was nothing to take from me since I had no income to speak of, no savings and no possessions they could sell off.
    As for why it was rejected I honestly can't remember, it's a period of my life I'm trying very hard to forget.

And I asked my doctors, försäkringskassan and socialtjänsten about travel expenses and was told by all of them to cover it myself, not sure who else you'd suggest I should have talked to since those are the ones who are supposed to help you in those situations.

Remember though that this was more than 10 years ago and a lot have changed since then.
    ... Minimum wage income? We don't have a minimum wage in sweden.

... Minimum wage income? We don't have a minimum wage in sweden.
    Minimum wage by hotell och restaurangfacket then if that makes it clearer.

That's the same thing, you just reworded it into something that sounds better to you.
    No, you are the one trying to bring things to the extremes, when it has been demonstrated that it is not what is happening. People should be responsible for the consequences of their actions. End. Of. Story. I'm sorry you don't think so. People choose to work the hours they work, and I support their freedom to do so. Considering you don't seem to work at all, I'm not sure why you are even talking, since you clearly have no frame of reference.

I worked a full-time job, while taking 20-23 credits per semester in college. Was my life ruined? Utter. Fucking. Bullshit.

[Infracted - Cut out the personal jabs]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-03-23 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    as someone with asperger I can sympathize.
    most of my problems stem from being considered lazy and careless
    Many talented people out there are poor and even homeless because they have been misunderstood.
    Or got stuck in a system that worked against them. As was my case at least.

Deleted
    Minimum wage by hotell och restaurangfacket then if that makes it clearer.
    How can you not survive on that when getting 75-80% as sick pay? Wtf? That's like the same kind of pay I have working as a usk and there's no problems with money if I get sick, I still have surplus even if I'm sick. I spend like 2500 sek on food every month, my rent is 4500 sek per month, electricity bill ranges from 160-280 depending on how much I'm home and how much attention I pay to turning devices or lamps off when not using them, internet costs 395 sek per month, my insurances cost 600 sek, like 600-1000 on gas, spend like 400-500 on hygiene articles but it gets nowhere near to even put me in minus if I'd get sick.
    Last edited by mmoc6608731cf5; 2017-03-23 at 06:13 PM.

How can you not survive on that when getting 75-80% as sick pay? Wtf? That's like the same pay I have working as a usk.
    You do realize wages have gone up a lot lately right? When I went on sick leave I was making something like 70kr per hour, when I got back from sick leave my salary was over 100kr per hour, and to be fair I did get some money retroactively from försäkringskassan to cover the salary raise while I was gone, but it was a bit late when the economic damage was already done.

Edit: your edit explains some things, today I'm paying 6900 sek per month in rent, and that's considered pretty cheap around here, even back then my rent was higher than what you're paying today.
    Last edited by Caelia; 2017-03-23 at 06:19 PM.

Not everyone was born to be king. Poor people have always existed and will always exist. It's not a caste you were born into just because of some draconian system orchestrated to keep you down, man. Your lot in life is a reflection of your luck, karma, will power, and spiritual energy levels. Instead of looking outward for a solution to your problems, look inward. Gain some introspection. If you're poor, why are you poor? Why do you stay poor? Why is being poor not enough? Why do you desire more? If you always approach the universe from a position of what you're lacking, that's all you'll ever be greeted with. Take stock of what you do have and be grateful for it. Many people live with less. Acceptance is the first step towards transformation.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Deleted
    You do realize wages have gone up a lot lately right? When I went on sick leave I was making something like 70kr per hour, when I got back from sick leave my salary was over 100kr per hour, and to be fair I did get some money retroactively from försäkringskassan to cover the salary raise while I was gone, but it was a bit late when the economic damage was already done.
    Well, I'd still have a surplus if I had that wage back in 2007 and got sick with my living costs(My apartment cost like 500 less back then too and gas was way cheaper)... Do you rent second hand and pay insane rent or something?
    Last edited by mmoc6608731cf5; 2017-03-23 at 06:22 PM.

I'm just going to leave this here since several posters seem to need a reminder:
    The fallacy of composition arises when one infers that something is true of the whole from the fact that it is true of some part of the whole (or even of every proper part).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_composition

No, you are the one trying to bring things to the extremes, when it has been demonstrated that it is not what is happening. People should be responsible for the consequences of their actions. End. Of. Story. I'm sorry you don't think so. People choose to work the hours they work, and I support their freedom to do so. Considering you don't seem to work at all, I'm not sure why you are even talking, since you clearly have no frame of reference.

I worked a full-time job, while taking 20-23 credits per semester in college. Was my life ruined? Utter. Fucking. Bullshit.

[Infracted - Cut out the personal jabs]
    Demonstrated? Or you just declared a one-sided victory out of nowhere, that creates multiple standards to judge what you like and don't like, even though they are same at the root?

If what you say is true, then why are there so many people out there having to juggle multiple jobs just to make ends meet? This is the contradiction that keeps popping up that you refuse to address, because addressing it means your entire premise about just wanting people to pay back their debts gets thrown out of the window.

Demonstrated? Or you just declared a one-sided victory out of nowhere, that creates multiple standards to judge what you like and don't like, even though they are same at the root?

If what you say is true, then why are there so many people out there having to juggle multiple jobs just to make ends meet? This is the contradiction that keeps popping up that you refuse to address, because addressing it means your entire premise about just wanting people to pay back their debts gets thrown out of the window.
    I created no multiple standards. You were whining about ruining people's lives, yet never managed to demonstrate that it was anything other than a willful transaction between two entities. If you want to make the argument that people are ruining their own lives, great... but it does nothing to further your actual case.

People work multiple jobs, so what. I used to work long hours, that doesn't mean my life was ruined. In fact, that's how I got ahead in life. There is no contradiction, people should be responsible for the consequences of their actions. If you think that someone should be able to simply not pay back a loan, then if you want to be consistent, people could also simply rob a bank if they needed the money, and face no repercussions.