Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I honestly expected them to reduce prices when I read the headline... Just wow

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    I'm guessing concepts like inflation and exchange rates aren't things you're familiar with.
    Please do tell how inflation and exchange rates effect the cost of an automated system changing a few lines of code. Unless that isn't something you are familiar with...

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Over the last few years, especially after "brexit" the dollar has been a lot stronger vs the Euro and Pound...Blizzard's target price for services is based on the US $ prices - it makes sense that they are adjusting prices to reflect the stronger dollar (after waiting some time for stability.)

In simple terms - pounds/euro converted to more dollars in the past...now they convert to less dollars so they need to raise prices in euro/pounds to compensate.
    Glad someone gets it, thanks!

People who don't have any fundamental knowledge of how economics work shouldn't be allowed to comment on certain subjects.

Sure, it sucks that prices increase but you do realize there is a reason prices go up and doesn't cost the same as they did a few years ago?

Free things cost money, boys. You all should be thankful Blizzard is relieving your sinful burdens of wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthymatsuda View Post
    Blizzard why?! You aren't putting more effort into the game as it is given your team is falling apart and leaving for 'other projects'. This is all stuff that's BEEN in the game and you want people to pay more for an automated service?
    Do any of you people do research? Go Goggle Euro to USD exchange rate. 1 Euro = 1.08 USD. This to compensate for the fact that the Euro has devalued against the USD. If you want to blame someone for it being more expensive go blame the EU. Sorry for being blunt here but apparently you all have no idea how the world economy works.

AHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHA

Honestly, that's the most constructive feedback on this i can think of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by titan1983 View Post
    Do any of you people do research? Go Goggle Euro to USD exchange rate. 1 Euro = 1.08 USD. This to compensate for the fact that the Euro has devalued against the USD. If you want to blame someone for it being more expensive go blame the EU. Sorry for being blunt here but apparently you all have no idea how the world economy works.
    Yes, it's pure business, sadly. Sucks to play on EU servers. Thinking about going US for a time. Easier time to get gold, cheaper services in terms of gold value.. Might buy US license for the next expansion.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    People who don't have any fundamental knowledge of how economics work shouldn't be allowed to comment on certain subjects.

Sure, it sucks that prices increase but you do realize there is a reason prices go up and doesn't cost the same as they did a few years ago?
    Lots of things have gotten (way) cheaper than what they used to, because they can be made or provided both better and more efficient nowadays. Most of these wow-services have little to no cost involved today, where they once were a manual process. Yet their prices have gone up. That's the part that is upsetting people.

Most of you probably don't realize TV's once were insanely expensive, yet nowadays you can buy 20 better ones for the same amount of money (considering inflation).

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Over the last few years, especially after "brexit" the dollar has been a lot stronger vs the Euro and Pound...Blizzard's target price for services is based on the US $ prices - it makes sense that they are adjusting prices to reflect the stronger dollar (after waiting some time for stability.)

In simple terms - pounds/euro converted to more dollars in the past...now they convert to less dollars so they need to raise prices in euro/pounds to compensate.
    Compensate for an already far over the top price? Lel

scandalous prices already for things like server transfer and character boosts...and now they are increasing..activision at its finest.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    Yes, it's pure business, sadly. Sucks to play on EU servers. Thinking about going US for a time. Easier time to get gold, cheaper services in terms of gold value.. Might buy US license for the next expansion.
    I read somewhere that if you try to play on US realms from Europe , you can't convert gold to US battlenet balance.

*WoW Tokens can only be redeemed for Battle.net Balance in the currency associated with the registered Battle.net account address. Other restrictions apply.

I find all the prices to much with the exception of name changes,

Honestly it doesn't overly bother me, I've faction changed and migrated server once, for it was worth it, I logged on more than ever and had so much more fun (from a low pop to stormscale is insane)

What bothers me, how the fuck can they justify a single character boost, costing more than an entire current expansion, like wth

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Honestly it doesn't overly bother me, I've faction changed and migrated server once, for it was worth it, I logged on more than ever and had so much more fun (from a low pop to stormscale is insane)
    Planning to do the same probably within a week, from Doomhammer EU to Draenor EU, simply the only choice for a big PvE horde Realm as the 2nd biggest is much much smaller...

I had the bnet balance for a while, 5 characters would just mean saving €25 , or almost 400k gold doing it before April 5...
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-23 at 06:29 PM.

Deleted
    The €/$ explanation is bullshit!

If Blizzard rise € prices when we're at 1€=1$ then how come they didn't LOWER € prices when we were at 1€=1.2$ a few years ago?

Anyhow, we already PAY a MONTHLY sub for the game, why do we oay extra for those features? I would understand in a F2P game, but not here.

10+ Year Old Account
    New expansion will cost an additional 10 euros compared to the previous 2 due to the "free boost" you get when buying it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post

So; have you slept during the macroeconomics class where it was explained how savings/disposable income change in relation to devaluation of currency?
    And what happens to the price-volatility when the above occurs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Good that I never was really into Blizzard games. This will make it easier to quit when when the guild crisis reaches my realm. I'll sell my account and never touch a Blizzard product again.
    Are you really that unhappy with Blizzard that you are willing to "never touch a Blizzard product again?" That seems pretty extreme, especially since Blizzard is one of the best, if not the best computer game company in the world when it comes to the quality of their products.

How many poodles died for Lore's hair?

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They should be decreasing the cost of those services, not increasing. Especially character services such as server transfer needs to be a hell of a lot cheaper considering how unwilling they are to sort out server situations.

And the level boost... holy shit, they have no shame. Guess making 800 million USD on a BAD year during WoD wasn't enough...
    People need to learn some basic economics.

The price of services when entering the global market is adjusted for a few things, to name two:

1) Inflation - as wages increase so too does the cost of goods and services over time

2) Exchange Rates - Since Blizzard is a US company operating on a global scale, they must adjust their prices according to the exchange rates. If the Euro was much more powerful than the dollar in terms of buying power (which it was for several years) the prices would be lower in Euros for Blizzard services, since the Euro is not as powerful in terms of buying power as it used to be, it makes sense to adjust prices for that change.

The same thing happens here in the US with inflation.

Euro is now equal to $1.08 USD, it used to be alot closer to $1.50 USD. This isn't greed, this is them putting these prices at the same as USD prices just like everything was before?

???? y everyone hef 2 be so mad, it makes perfect sense.