10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I don't see how Revis can sign anywhere until after the draft since he'd be liable to be cut as soon as his team drafted anybody at DB.
    Especially puzzling since hoodie has stated in the past that he doesn't think Revis has the toolkit to play safety.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Especially puzzling since hoodie has stated in the past that he doesn't think Revis has the toolkit to play safety.
    Just like with a certain drunk QB, anything Revis related is probably just rumors at this point. Rapoport is known for doing it purely for clicks, especially when news is slow for example. Then you have writers that are friendly with agents or front offices (Mike Klis for Denver) that write things to help those people out that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless Manziel became a literal different person, being in New Orleans is the second worse place he could be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Unless Manziel became a literal different person, being in New Orleans is the second worse place he could be.
    Raiders aint in Vegas yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Just like with a certain drunk QB, anything Revis related is probably just rumors at this point. Rapoport is known for doing it purely for clicks, especially when news is slow for example. Then you have writers that are friendly with agents or front offices (Mike Klis for Denver) that write things to help those people out that.
    Fair enough. Totally admit he got me if that's the case; I want football back already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Add to that that Revis lacks the toolkit to be a strong safety (he'll tackle outside on the perimeter but he's not good enough to take on blocks from linemen and get to a ball carrier) and the fact we have an excellent FS in McCourty and a starter quality backup FS and 3rd Safety that we *jsut* re-signed to a new contract in Duron Harmon, and I don't see how there's a roster spot for him even if he DID move to safety.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wheres the worst?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Wheres the worst?
    Vegas, though I meant in general, not just NFL cities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vegas, though I meant in general, not just NFL cities.
    Never been to Las Vegas, but have you ever been to New Orleans on Mardi Gras? Pretty crazy. I have always wanted to go to a balls after Mardi Gras, never have gotten the chance.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Revis will be back in a Pats uniform as the 2nd corner, not safety. Unfortunately, they are gonna trade Butler and have a void. Revis is gona lose the weight and comeback and play well. He won't be on an island anymore, but I really feel that that is what's going to happen. Revis had zero desire to play for the terribad team, and he let his weight/play be effected. He'll come back in shape with something to prove, and will play well as a #2 w/ Gilmore and McCourty/Harmon backing him up. He still has tread on his tires, imo. From what I was reading, Jets left him on an island a lot, and he can't do that anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, because the Patriots have a habit of paying veterans who can't do their jobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yea, because the Patriots have a habit of paying veterans who can't do their jobs.
    Can't tell if sarcasm or not because they have in fact done this and the players have done well before. Oh, and the jets are on the hook for 6ish mil, so he'd probably be the vet minimum anyway, or not much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it works is when the veteran is willing to take some smaller contract, when has Revis ever been that guy?

15+ Year Old Account
    He hasn't, but between both teams he would still get paid and he needs a place that would use him well. I'm just assuming he makes the right move for his career, and not just his wallet. He needs to rebuild the image a little bit.

All I know is, it makes too much sense if Butler is on the way out. Which by all looks, he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    I'm just assuming he makes the right move for his career, and not just his wallet.
    It could happen, I just tend not to assume things will happen that are the opposite of everything thats happened before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don;t see it happening either, and frankly I don't want it either. Not sure how unbiased Bill Belichick is in his appraisel of new personnel, but Revis made some preeeeeeetty bullshit comments about Deflategate after he was safe and sound on the Jets with his mega contract.

Given how fired up especially Kraft was about the whole thing I don't think he's really going to sign off on BB signing Revis back after what he said.

Apart from that I doubt BB trusts Revis to stay motivated after he's proven that his motivation comes and goes when he's been paid already and to be quite honest, I think Revis is just done, especially considering the Patriots don't really have a CB 1 or 2, but mix and match their corners depending on match up. Eric Rowe was matched up on Julio Jones in the SB, making him technically the CB 1. Of course he wasn't but that just goes to show that the Patriots don't treat corners like other teams.

So Revis would have to just be in that mix except he's not fast enough anymore to take care of the speed guys and he's not big enough to take care of the big physical receivers, so what exactly is his role then? I'm just not seeing BB take him on board just to be a depth option behind Gilmore (speed guys) and Rowe (Big guys). We have plenty of depth behind those 2 guys in draft picks and young guys that proved they were picking things up. We need a slot guy, but Revis has never played in the slot and I'm fairly sure he doesn't have the movement skills anymore to stick with shifty guys from the slot.

The only reason Butler is still with the Patriots is cause he's damn good and would mean we could do even more fancy things if he stays. Truth is though he'll likely be traded and sign longterm elsewhere. Technically though, we don't even 100% need Butler. He's pure luxury.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to disagree. He's gonna be Corey Dillon at CB. Revis will be a Patriot if Butler is traded.

10+ Year Old Account
    For every Corey Dillon there's a Chad Johnson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently AP wants 8-9m a year to play.

Bears signed Sanchez. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end up making their roster unless Connor Shaw gets hurt again.