Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    i hope so, i can't stand how easy wow is becoming. If they ever added it i would switch in a heartbeat.
    Thats your experience doing that.
    The game is not, and cannot cater widely for the long-term experienced players.
    It has to support those who start playing at any given patch.
    A consistent non-changing realm would be MORE prone to that, not less.

This is just cherry-picking, choosing what you want from later games.
    If people liked the vanilla experience so much, then that is what they should want.
    Not altering it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-03-23 at 04:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Thats your experience doing that.
    The game is not, and cannot cater widely for the long-term experienced players.
    It has to support those who start playing at any given patch.
    A consistent non-changing realm would be MORE prone to that, not less.

This is just cherry-picking, choosing what you want from later games.
    If people liked the vanilla experience so much, then that is what they should want.
    Not altering it.
    What complete nonsense. One's experience with the game doesn't change how piss easy mobs out in the world are. They're like tissue paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    What complete nonsense. One's experience with the game doesn't change how piss easy mobs out in the world are. They're like tissue paper.
    No it isn't.
    Look at the different experiences of inexperienced players at any given level, cap or otherwise.
    You don't want to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The title says it all. I'd personally love it depending on how it is handled.

What I personally know so far is that it is a no heirloom, no dungeon finder realm. Is there anything more that is "semi-officially" confirmed for this concept? I actually have concluded that I want kind of a hard-reset for WoW. In addition to the above, I'd love a reset for all collections and achievements. Harder and longer leveling is always welcome.

What do you guys think? What are your expectations from Pristine Realms?

Here is what I think:

- No heirlooms, dg finder etc.*
    - Remove LFR*
    - WAY harder and WAY longer leveling*
    - Ream-local hard reset to achievements, pets, mounts and alike*
    - First mount at 40, %100 mount at 60, the training should be WAY more expensive than normal realms.
    - Not sure about flying, perhaps completely disable it?
    - Maintain 2 raid difficulties: Heroic and mythic, like the old system. Heroic is scalable, mythic is fixed in raid size. Copy/Paste from normal realms would do just fine
    - Maintain 3 dungeon difficulties: Heroic (new non-heroic, perhaps a bit easier), Mythic (new heroic), Mythic+ (like current system). Again, c/p from normal realms
    - No cross realm (suggested by Nemmar)
    - Either NO or very little catch up mechanism.
    - No Achievement sharing between characters**

* a must for pristine realm for me
    ** not sure about this one, I simply can not conveniently track the progression of different tunes with current UI. Removing achievement sharing would effectively make it more easily trackable. Or alternatively, provide a better interface while keeping the achievement sharing.

In terms of resource requirements, I don't think such a realm would require immense work to develop or maintain.
    I could see myself playing on a realm like this. As long as its using current expansion assets and patch level, and the game isnt reverted back to old patches requiring you to essentially have two 40 gig versions of the game on your computer, id be fine with a realm with certain limits and restrictions. I'm sure if you created just ONE realm like this in both the US and the EU, there would be enough players to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No it isn't.
    Look at the different experiences of inexperienced players at any given level, cap or otherwise.
    You don't want to see it.
    Are you seriously saying there are players who find two-shotting world mobs a difficult experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Too much backlash on the idea. The idea is already taboo unless they present it differently than being a 'Legacy but not' server.

It also poses a bunch of problems, since a server without the bells and whistles for the sake of it has a lot of short term and long term issues. Since the servers are new, people are going to flock to them enmasse to try them out. But as soon as a majority figure it's the same content and gameplay as regular servers and start missing the quality of life and instant rewards, they'll leave pristine servers pretty empty, which makes the people who stick around feel like the world is suddenly dead. That's sort of the reality of the situation.

I might see this working out if they did it like Seasons or Ladder in Diablo, where you play a harder more challenging server and level up but after X months they'll soft reset it all. I just don't see a lot of long-term viability with hard servers if everyone plays their own pace over 110+ levels over a course of months. If it's paced like an expansion release, everyone starts at the same and the world feels full of life again.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-03-23 at 05:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Are you seriously saying there are players who find two-shotting world mobs a difficult experience?
    Believe it or not their is actually people who still die to the current mobs, No matter how hard you make anything it is actually only ever going to be hard for the fresh toons leveling up, not to anyone who has progressed past the intended gear level of that mob. If all you want is arbitrarily high difficulty curves then why not make every mob the same level of difficulty as any specific brawlers guild fight, reacquiring DPS checks and Death zone mechanics on every fight.

Whats so "pristine" about all of that?

People are still stuck on that, it was all just to make people shut up about something pointless.

And reading through a few posts people are still hiding behind nostalgia and delusions.

World content was never hard, you were just bad as we all were when we started the game in 2004-2005.

I am not gonna go into the closed beta in 2004, but lets talk about release in Feb 2005 (Europe here).

Yes my first character took awhile cause it was my first character, my second character was a reroll from Alliance to Horde and my main since 2005 took 1/5 of the time to level and gear up in, its called "I learned the mechanics of the game".

But i understand where people come from when i watch people not so adept at "Games" play WoW and how they want that "hardness" back.

Since there is too much to type about the matter..Of course you would find Vanilla hard if you were terrible at games/gaming overall.

And its not about bragging..If i take what i see from "Average non-gamers" trying WoW in 2016-2017 and apply the same logic to 2005 and Vanilla, of course you thought shit was hard then.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    People are still stuck on that, it was all just to make people shut up about something pointless.

And reading through a few posts people are still hiding behind nostalgia and delusions.

World content was never hard, you were just bad as we all were when we started the game in 2004-2005.

I am not gonna go into the closed beta in 2004, but lets talk about release in Feb 2005 (Europe here).

Yes my first character took awhile cause it was my first character, my second character was a reroll from Alliance to Horde and my main since 2005 took 1/5 of the time to level and gear up in, its called "I learned the mechanics of the game".

But i understand where people come from when i watch people not so adept at "Games" play WoW and how they want that "hardness" back.

Since there is too much to type about the matter..Of course you would find Vanilla hard if you were terrible at games/gaming overall.

And its not about bragging..If i take what i see from "Average non-gamers" trying WoW in 2016-2017 and apply the same logic to 2005 and Vanilla, of course you thought shit was hard then.

That's not elitist at all. Nope. And it completely discounts the issues with the early game, like how it didn't throw gear at you like it does now, so players were perpetually undergeared leveling, the absence of heirlooms, and the weakness of many classes until they got key spells or abilities, like how early on casters had to resort to wanding stuff down, or how tanks took forever to level because of how little damage they did. And, that WoW early on was designed to take forever, to keep people playing, and forced people to play together, no solo everything in site.

To paint the entire state of the game on elitism is laughable. Yeah, sure, you're epic, have always been epic, yada yada yada. It's our fault we're not as epic as you are, yada yada yada.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The title says it all. I'd personally love it depending on how it is handled.

What I personally know so far is that it is a no heirloom, no dungeon finder realm. Is there anything more that is "semi-officially" confirmed for this concept? I actually have concluded that I want kind of a hard-reset for WoW. In addition to the above, I'd love a reset for all collections and achievements. Harder and longer leveling is always welcome.

What do you guys think? What are your expectations from Pristine Realms?

Here is what I think:

- No heirlooms, dg finder etc.*
    - Remove LFR*
    - WAY harder and WAY longer leveling*
    - Ream-local hard reset to achievements, pets, mounts and alike*
    - First mount at 40, %100 mount at 60, the training should be WAY more expensive than normal realms.
    - Not sure about flying, perhaps completely disable it?
    - Maintain 2 raid difficulties: Heroic and mythic, like the old system. Heroic is scalable, mythic is fixed in raid size. Copy/Paste from normal realms would do just fine
    - Maintain 3 dungeon difficulties: Heroic (new non-heroic, perhaps a bit easier), Mythic (new heroic), Mythic+ (like current system). Again, c/p from normal realms
    - No cross realm (suggested by Nemmar)
    - Either NO or very little catch up mechanism.
    - No Achievement sharing between characters**

* a must for pristine realm for me
    ** not sure about this one, I simply can not conveniently track the progression of different tunes with current UI. Removing achievement sharing would effectively make it more easily trackable. Or alternatively, provide a better interface while keeping the achievement sharing.

In terms of resource requirements, I don't think such a realm would require immense work to develop or maintain.
    I puked in my mouth only by READING this.

Why would anyone ever play on such horrific realms? It's all the bad aspects of Vanilla basically combined with the bad things from other expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I puked in my mouth only by READING this.

Why would anyone ever play on such horrific realms? It's all the bad aspects of Vanilla basically combined with the bad things from other expansions.
    It is quite simple. Trivial content in WoW has became too trivial to the point which the game doesn't feel like an RPG anymore. The whole point of RPG is character progression and when you faceroll everything outside of dungeons and raids, it's no fun.

So much for SHIT I took in this thread for asking a question. Well, looks like you knows-it-alls were wrong.

Well considering they just announced Classic... NOPE