Thread: 7.2 March 28th

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    It's not even that much about AP... Nethershards, building supplies, paragon reps, Legionfall rep (wtf I need exalted on every single char to even start on the class mount? I can understand revered for flying, but exalted on every single alt...?)
    You get 500(2x250 token) rep from some order hall missions, so at least you should be able to send those rep tokens to alts after the 1st exalted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    5.2 had two new islands actually, 7.2 adds some tiny bit of content on Broken Shore which was in game since Legion launch. Also you forgot to mention green fire questline and Zandalari invasions. I don't even mention that ToT had more bosses.
    The Isle of Giants was pretty much just a land mass that had elite mobs scattered around it plus a world boss. It's a little hyperbolic to say 5.2 had 2 new islands as if the two where even remotely equal in content. The Isle of Giants in terms of content was pretty barren. The Solo Challenges in 7.2 can be equated to the Warlock Green Fire quest. Also, weren't the "Zandalari Invasions" just random groups of troll mobs in different zones? I would hardly call that an invasion. ToT had more bosses, but ToS comes with a new dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    And i hope it takes some time. We're 7/10 mythic and i want to kill Guldan before ToS.
    They already nerfed Star Augur, it's only a matter of time (and TOS raid hidden release date drawing closer) to see nerfs to mythic Elisande and Gul'dan, which is sad, instead of any form of gradual nerfs we get these "bam you didn't make it in time, get a cheapened version of the boss now and call it a day". Exactly what happened to TOV 1 month before NH. When guilds are 200+ tries at the boss and close to "solving" it and then these "hurry up kill it already" nerfs hit, it really really rips any sense of accomplishment, on top of current loot system being very meh to mythic raiders.

Tbh I really do hope they have better tuning curve planned for TOS and subsequent raids, last boss should be really really hard, but the fact so few guilds are even at Gul'dan now is not really a good sign.

7+ Year Old Account
    If the Tomb of Sargeras opens the week after the 11 week campaign finishes then it will be 20th June the raid opens. The same day Final Fantasy 14 releases their new expansion.
    Zetheros Cralin Leteros Xerophin Duskeros Vanderos
    Atheros Zenderos Magmeros Battistta Denzeros

Do existing rep tokens counter for rep past exalted? Or is it just getting rep from the emissaries?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZetherosCraig View Post
    If the Tomb of Sargeras opens the week after the 11 week campaign finishes then it will be 20th June the raid opens. The same day Final Fantasy 14 releases their new expansion.
    Well would you look at that.

Cannot believe that 2x WQ AP thing is going live. Just like now, I won't be doing AP WQs in 7.2 either. What's the point?

Also they didn't increase the cap on followers to 6 like they said was going to happen. Awesome.

I'll never understand why people think this matters. Majority of patch hoppers only do LFR anyway, so they won't be back for a good month or two after the raid opens anyway, then they'll stick around for a week before leaving.

If people aren't playing WoW, they likely aren't going to come back for a patch anyways. An expansion, maybe.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Do existing rep tokens counter for rep past exalted? Or is it just getting rep from the emissaries?

- - - Updated - - -

Well would you look at that.
    That's fine tbh. It's healthy competition between games. A lot of games release/have been released on the same day for competition.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    That's fine tbh. It's healthy competition between games. A lot of games release/have been released on the same day for competition.
    WoW Patch 6.2 released on 23rd June 15...same day as FF14: Heavensward
    Zetheros Cralin Leteros Xerophin Duskeros Vanderos
    Atheros Zenderos Magmeros Battistta Denzeros

A patch isn't going to keep people from an expansion they've been looking forward to. Also: see my previous post.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Rep tokens dont work past exalted, they also lowered the "paragon" rep from 21000, to 10000 in some more recent PTR build.

Rep tokens are mostly meant as catchup mechanic for alts after exalted, thus they become BoA (except the kirin tor 1500 rep ones).

7.2 actually gives 2 rep token per order hall mission now by default, including legionfall. (for rep token missions, not ALL of them of course)

I can't confirm if the bonus loot from mission gives 1 or 2 tokens tho.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    lol spaceships
    lol welcome the TBC where spaceships were all over
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    7.2 actually gives 2 rep token per order hall mission now by default, including legionfall. (for rep token missions, not ALL of them of course)
    At least those missions will have some value. Main's been 999 capped for months now and I just stopped doing the missions because they ate up my resources.

7+ Year Old Account
    they have also done the same thing in the past alot more time, including legions launch being shared with like 8 other games

finally gonna get that awesome armor set i've been wanting for transmog.

oh, and get things to do in the world again.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    There's nothing really to "farm" its just playing the game on the characters you want to play it on, i'm sure come 7.3 there will be a rep catchup for legionfall.
    I would really hope so, but all we can do is speculate. I really wanted the class mounts for several if not all classes, and this rep requirement seems to be a big hurdle if Legionfall is anything like the other reps in Legion.

There's tons of stuff to unlock on main and it can't be ignored unless you want to fall behind - flying, new traits, new order hall research that is locked behind parts of 7.2 campaign from what I see from the Q&A, several mounts are tied to maxing your new upgraded artifact (without maxing the concordance, but buying all the other traits).

It's literally impossible to keep alts up to date, even so lightly treated WQ are humongous amounts if you want to flesh out every single alt.

And thing is, in the past expansions you didn't need 1 of each class to fully experience the content. Now with class mounts and class specific artifact appearances you need at least 1 of each class to collect 'em all. It's a big bummer to offer so much class-locked stuff and then make the whole expansion so alt-unfriendly and so heavily main-focused.

I still await the day when reps are account wide. No, I don't mean allowing you to speed farm the rep by doing stuff simultaneously on bazillion alts. I mean once your main gets to exalted (or whichever char comes first), it unlocks exalted for all your chars. I can't use half my toybox on alts because of this rep restriction. And a few mogs as well. Really sucks, knowing that other rep vendor things like mounts and pets impose no such restriction. I can use my amber scorpion on alts that never saw a Klaxxi or red drake for alts that didn't unlock Wyrmrest rep. Why not for toys and mogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    You get 500(2x250 token) rep from some order hall missions, so at least you should be able to send those rep tokens to alts after the 1st exalted.
    Yeah, when I wanted to send all the Valarjar tokens to my warrior to hit the rep before I kill the world boss that drops skulls for hidden fury appearance I realized how little these tokens do, I thought I had "tons" of them saved and it amounted to barely 5k rep, not even close enough to get from revered to exalted.

Deleted
    Good trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lol welcome the TBC where spaceships were all over
    Yeah, people seem to forget that TBC which is highly touted as the best expansion of WoW had tons of draeni space ships.

Its probable that the draeni / demon technology would have advanced after 10 years which is why the ships look much sleeker now and more advanced.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yeah, people seem to forget that TBC which is highly touted as the best expansion of WoW had tons of draeni space ships.

Its probable that the draeni / demon technology would have advanced after 10 years which is why the ships look much sleeker now and more advanced.
    also rememeber the dranei ships were old at their time, so these new ships are even more then 10 years newer then them
    also remember how fast techonology can increase, 10 years can be ALOT because technology is a snowball effect

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Actually, Tempest keep, Exodar, Mechanar, Arcatraz, Botanica are Naaru Dimensional space ships.

Even oshu'gun (genedar) , was one of those, piloted by K'ure, in both our timeline , and alternate draenor.

It is likely the legion captured naaru when fighting the army of light, and the eredar & legion engineers worked on them for years..

There's a a reason why Rakeesh attacked O'ros first, they can't fly to argus without a "pilot/navigator/energy source", whatever you call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Do you want us to move your mouse for you, too?

Maybe I'm asking too much for people to say where they've heard something

My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself