Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So then what was your point? There are people that will troll about anything.
    it's there, go back and read it if you care.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    All he is really asking is, "Will you lick my ass as hard as you lick a boot?"

If the answer is yes, you might have a chance to work with this champ.

what entitled smug douche
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I get it...

But how does one's stance on political issues determine whether or not they're "Whiney, entitled and unable to defend their perspectives"?
    I don't think it would be your stance so much as how you respond. As in do you have a rational, logic based argument that you will be able to defend and debate back if challenged? A lot of these whiny, triggered people (on both sides) just absolutely can't handle their ideas being challenged.

I don't know how effective this kind of test would be at filtering out bad candidates that would pass other screenings. However, critical thinking and challenging assumptions are important for a lot of jobs. On the other hand, if they are actually just looking for the 'good conservative answer' then that is incredibly stupid.

Personally, I think the better approach might be to ask absolutely no political questions and then throw out anyone that shoehorns a political stance into a response. Better to just have everyone leave their political opinions at the door.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2017-03-23 at 07:36 PM.

I'm 100% fine with this.

But, I don't want to hear any right wing whinging when homophobes, racists, and ilk get booted. Or when the NFL takes their precious football games.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2017-03-23 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    "When my mother passed away"

What can you tell about my personality regarding that answer?
    When in the sense of time. If you had said "my mother passed away last year, and that was the last time I cried" I would say you are NOT a special snowflake. If you said "my mother passed away yesterday and that was that last time I cried" I would need more information.

Sorry if your mother passed away though.

That said, if I had to guess without a timeframe based on your answer, I would say that was a normal time to cry and you aren't a snowflake.

A snowflake answer might be "every night thinking about our president," or "this morning when I thought about all the injustice in the world."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I'm 100% fine with this.

But, I don't want to hear any right wing whinging when homophobes, racists, and ilk get booted. Or when the NFL takes their precious football games.
    1. Those already get booted and have for years and years.
    2. Where are they going to take them?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This is awesome and funny at the same time. I had to take a personality test once, it asked me things like "is taking things home from work without permission stealing?" After I was hired I asked my manager, who in the hell could possibility fail that? He said, "You would be surprised..."
    so he's basically using the same thing corporations have been using for god knows how many years and made a special little name on it, changed a few words in the questionnaire and bragged about how special he is for using it.

and the applicants are the snowflakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    so he's basically using the same thing corporations have been using for god knows how many years and made a special little name on it, changed a few words in the questionnaire and bragged about how special he is for using it.

Why does one need to be a snowflake or not to create a snowflake test? I suspect that the best person to create a snowflake test is a snowflake.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Why does one need to be a snowflake or not to create a snowflake test? I suspect that the best person to create a snowflake test is a snowflake.
    Ironically, the purpose of this snowflake test is to avoid bringing in anyone who disagrees with this Trump-fan company's personal politics.

So the real goal of the "Snowflake test" isn't to weed out highly sensitive people (on either side of the spectrum), but selectively weed out progressives and liberals, to create a safespace, for a bunch of whiny (he went on national news to cry about other people crying) snowflakes.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Oh, I see. Nobody would complain about that who isn't a snowflake.

So the guy basically is saying "Im discriminating but its okay because I'm calling it a personality test"? I truly do hope he gets sued and loses, it would be funny.

Also, I missed the days when snowflakes referred to the thing I saw in the winter time. Not whiny left and right wingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Ironically, the purpose of this snowflake test is to avoid bringing in anyone who disagrees with this Trump-fan company's personal politics. So the real goal of the snowflake test isn't to weed out highly sensitive people, but selectively weed out progressives and liberals, to create a safespace, for a bunch of whiny (he went on national news to cry about other people crying) snowflakes.
    Maybe for this guy, but for me, I don't care if you are a liberal or a republican. Snowflakes suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

Well, it's probably mostly clever marketing. By doing this he gets the notice of both potential clients and employees who are in his social/political neck of the woods who might be more interested in doing business with or working for a company that not only shares those values, but is willing to climb up the tree and shriek them out at the world. A lot of marketing firms don't take the aggressive approach he is, especially since it's a specialized and competitive field, so maybe there's an untapped market for angry, aggressively conservative marketing firms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Maybe for this guy, but for me, I don't care if you are a liberal or a republican. Snowflakes suck.
    I agree with you - that's my point - simply asking people what their stance is on Trump, or gun control, or etc - is not actually about weeding out people who are easily offended or triggered (snowflakes): it's just about weeding out people who disagree with this CEO's personal perspectives.

He's literally creating a safespace because his snowflake-ass can't deal with opposing perspectives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    So the real goal of the "Snowflake test" isn't to weed out highly sensitive people (on either side of the spectrum), but selectively weed out progressives and liberals, to create a safespace, for a bunch of whiny (he went on national news to cry about other people crying) snowflakes.
    As FeedsOnDevTears said :

Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    Snowflakes have tiny differences but are really all identical. They're white, common in the upper Midwest, and when you get enough of them together they shut down schools and then become a hazard that needs to be cleaned up at public expense. Oh, they're also completely incapable of thought. In other words: Trumpublicans.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    As FeedsOnDevTears said :
    Stand back, that burn is hot!

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Funny, but I would never want to work for any employeer that uses personality tests.
    So you want to work fast food all your life?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

The term "snowflake" has become such a weapon for insulting people that it doesn't appear as though most folks even understand what it's supposed to mean. It certainly doesn't mean "whiny, entitled and unable to back up a position." I've lived through a lot of winters, and I've yet to hear snow whine, or complain about how it's entitled to a several inch layer of safe space on my driveway.

"Snowflake" as a term makes fun of someone who feels that they are unique, special, and/or different from everyone else. The term's usage began in large part to describe parents who view their children as special, and as a counter-culture movement against the "everyone is special in their own way" kind of "PC politics". IE: Participation trophies, etc.

That's all it's ever meant, and I personally don't see how a political affiliation "personality test" filters out snowflakes, unless people feel as though they should be hired simply because of how unique they are.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Ummm...That's illegal as fuck and hope people do sue him.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD