Deleted

Easy to come back or?

I've been considering trying the game out again but I haven't played it in years. I've missed all the expansions and I didn't even have a max level character when I stopped playing. I once tried to go back and level my character up, but the world was completely empty so completing events was nigh impossible.

Is that still a problem? If I come back, try a new character, will the world be empty? Are there any kind of catch-up mechanics? Character boosts?

If you purchase the Heart of Thorns expansion, you get to boost a character to level 80. They'll start you off with some exotic quality gear, also (although I did this with a guardian and it was all soldier stat gear...blergh).

I've done the same recently. Well, I haven't played for about a year, but did have HoT already. I always find it very easy to come back. There is an LFR tool now which I think is new to you. While not the best, it'll help you see new content. The story lines are always cool and you can start the new one right away. PvP and RvR from a casual standpoint, pretty much can be done without (m)any requirements. Other than the latest expansion, it's a free game so you might as well try it and see if you like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Ginger View Post
    LFR tool
    It's less an LFR tool, than it is actually a "organized group finder"... if we are speaking in WoW terms (at least to my knowledge).

@OP i just hope for your sake that you play on the american servers... cause the european ones are pretty dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    It's less an LFR tool, than it is actually a "organized group finder"... if we are speaking in WoW terms (at least to my knowledge).

@OP i just hope for your sake that you play on the american servers... cause the european ones are pretty dead.
    How dead are we talking here? Moving back to EU soon so was going to transfer my account.

@OP, if you play on NA, there are still quite a few people doing events and stuff in the zones. Although it's not really needed to do those to get to 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've read that it's not really all that populated in some areas, i'd rather stick to NA, EU is where the pvp is at.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Is that still a problem? If I come back, try a new character, will the world be empty? Are there any kind of catch-up mechanics? Character boosts?
    The world is never empty. You can come back at any time- the game is not strictly limited linear. No catch up mechanics are needed in the game structure- there is a boost in the store.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-03-30 at 01:45 AM.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The world is never empty. You can come back at any time- the game is not strictly limited linear. No catch mechanics are needed in the game structure- there is a boost in the store.
    Just like Fencers said, the world is actually pretty alive. People are always out there making content, so don't worry about that.

No clue what these people say with EU servers being dead. That's not even correct in any shape or form.

What the Tome said.

Honestly its not dead, ive been on dead mmo's and GW2 isnt close to dead, go on RIFT or Wildstar if you want a truly dead MMO, GW2 still has quite alot of activity, people still activly do world bosses in the open world and you usually see a good 60-70 people doing them at any time, which is not reflective of the entire community folks, its still very active in the raid scene, dungeon scene, fractal scene, pvp scene, though ill admit, world vs world is probably the one thats suffered the most lately.

Old HoT zones are a little dead sometimes ill admit that too, but Season 3 zones are very very active primarily cause of the catchup ascended gear you can get from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    WvW is pretty dead and if me being matched with bronze players while I'm in gold/platinum isn't an indication that spvp is dead then fuck me running lawl.

Pvp is so dead that the system can't match you with players of your own rating and since the point system only takes your rating into account and not your teams average you lose upwards of 20 something rating for a loss, and gain only a few for a win making it nearly impossible to climb the ladder. Sometimes you have to win 10 games just to gain back the loss from 1. Yeah...

Pve is alive and well, uuhhhh... except for dungeons.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2017-04-08 at 01:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WvW depends mostly on the servers, TC for example got pretty much dismantled by guilds changing servers, nowadays jade quarry-blackgate seem to be holding the reins.

Spvp this season has been a trainwreck, last seasons were quite lovely.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35