Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Will the UK be weaker or stronger once out of EU???

As we know and heard, on the 29th, theresa may said she will go and trigger article 50, with so many threats from the EU politicians, with news being said like "UK-based airlines told to move to Europe after Brexit or lose major routes". etc

What do you guys think, will UK suffer alot when it leaves the eu or will it be fine??

Deleted
    If no other country leaves the EU and UK doesn't manage to negotiate a better position with the EU outside the EU, then yea it will be in a worse position. However if it manages to negotiate a good position with the EU then it will be better off.
    On the other hand, if EU accepts UK's terms , then the other EU members will want to get out and still have their privileges like UK will.

So it all boils down to how the negotiations go. It is worth mentioning that big banks already have plans to move some of their staff to other european financial cities.

No one knows and anyone who says they do is a liar or a fool, probably the latter.

I think we will be better off in the long run, when the focus of our economy moves from Europe to the rest of the world. But this won't happen over night and the transition might see the economy suffer in the short term. Of course this is just my opinion and it only based on my own thoughts and nothing else

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    As we know and heard, on the 29th, theresa may said she will go and trigger article 50, with so many threats from the EU politicians, with news being said like "UK-based airlines told to move to Europe after Brexit or lose major routes". etc

What do you guys think, will UK suffer alot when it leaves the eu or will it be fine??
    Long run stronger, short term uneasiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

On any useful timescale it's not possible to know or even guess with any semblance of accuracy. In the short term, weaker.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Well, from a purely political point of view I expect the EU to cut down all special regulations which the UK has enjoyed and handle matters like with other European countries which are not part of the EU. This will be a lose for UK because they will not be able to have a vote on EU matters anymore - which may have a negative effect on the UK. But I expect some kind of trade agreements etc. which could turn out in a positive way depending on how good the UK representatives will negotiate.

Personally, I think Brexit was a stupid move. UK got many perks out of its special status with the EU which many other EU members don't enjoy. And I find it rather hypocritical from the English to demand that the Scottish and Irish people must leave the EU despite voting for staying, but on the other hand don't want to hear about Scottish or Irish independence movements. I was traveling in Scotland 2 weeks right before their independence referendum and one of the reasons why many people chose to remain in the UK was the membership in the EU. This sovereign decision was completely ignored by Brexit.

And since some statements used to convince people to vote for leaving the EU have been blatant lies, I expect some parts of the situation to worsen. Regions which have received subsidies from the EU will surely suffer if these are not compensated by the UK government.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If May wants to hardline it like it seems it may not turn out well for anyone

There are a lot of issues where a hard break is pretty awful on from a human perspective like europeans currently working in the UK and brits currently working Europe being run over by the Brexit freight train. But obviously what the UK gives here dictates what the UK gets so hard break and no care about the EU citizens in the UK means hard break and no care about the brits in the EU

Basically it is all up to the UK, those that want to deal with the UK cannot make that happen if the UK does not want to deal

I think it's going to depend on so many external future factors that it's very hard to say either way. While it is clear that the UK will lose the benefits of an EU membership and have less influence in general we don't know if the UK can secure new deals with other potential allies afterwards that can make up for it.

If I had to make a prediction I'll go with what we know will happen for certain (loss of EU benefits and influence), and that means the UK will come out weaker.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Prob weaker unless it can gain more influence. As of right now there are talks of some of the major financial institutions heading to the EU instead. Instead of using its influence, it just threw its hands up and left... Its not like the UK will not be trading with the EU or anything, except now they don't have a say and likely will still have to abide by all the same regulations as before. The UK will retain its relationship with the US, but the US holds even more cards now since the UK has less to offer via EU access.

Hard to say really.

Deleted
    Reality is likely weaker to start, but probably regaining ground and maintaining the status-quo, like always.

Deleted

Weaker. Less protection, worse trade deals, higher tolls and taxes on exports and imports.
    But hey, the UK government wants to do it's absurd censorship and make the internet "safe", so that'll fit them just fine to not have any EU courts telling them they can't do their draconian bullshit.

Well, let's hope the EU lets Britain keep free trade, that's where most of economic part is.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Well, let's hope the EU lets Britain keep free trade, that's where most of economic part is.
    Free trade comes with freedom of movement so that's highly unlikely there will probably be trade restrictions and limits on it's access.

Deleted
    Found a video about some proffessor called Patrick Minford, he says its better to leave the eu and here why:

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on what you are talking about when you say weaker.

For example:

Weaker due to having a smaller market? Yes.
    Weaker due to being able to tailor trade deals that suit the UK, without having to take into account Latvian cashew farmers? No.

If they follow a similar pattern to Switzerland, which is a economically strong non-EU country, then yes.

They need to clamp down on potential terrorism, as that may affect the Tourist sector of the UK negatively.

Within 5 years, I believe the EU will start to break up anyway.

Weaker I would think.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    If it joins a similar trade deal with the US, it wil be better off. We won't require them to take our illegals and provide welfare ala Eastern Europe.
    ....if they're "required" - how can they be "Illegal" then? =/

They'll have a weaker position when dealing with non-EU countries due to being just one country versus a part of much bigger organisation. They'll lose all preferential treatment they got in EU, potentially lose access to the common market altogether if they try to go hard on freedom of movement. And it's not like they can stop interacting with EU. People themselves will also lose on consumer and employment protection as well as human rights since UK wanted EU regulations to be weaker in these areas for decades. Possibility of some business moving to other EU nations.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    If it joins a similar trade deal with the US, it wil be better off. We won't require them to take our illegals and provide welfare ala Eastern Europe.
    And what illegals did EU require UK to take?
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-03-23 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.