Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    I feel like dropping the game and I only just reached Eos, dunno why but it's just boring like every aspect about this game feels boring. Story, characters, the world... Maybe I'll give it another try tonight but if it doesn't get any more interesting I'll just drop it and move on. And I love ME 1-3.
    The initial forays on the Nexus are bit a slog, yeah, the game throws loads of exposition and words at you at once while it could have delayed some of that a bit. Once you get to Eos, things open up, and there's a really cool main quest there. I'd advise keeping it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The initial forays on the Nexus are bit a slog, yeah, the game throws loads of exposition and words at you at once while it could have delayed some of that a bit. Once you get to Eos, things open up, and there's a really cool main quest there. I'd advise keeping it up.
    Most of the game doesn't kick in until you finish Eos, at least from what I could tell.

You start meeting new races, more of the 'plot' starts to come online, etc.

All in all, it still feels like the previous Mass Effect games, not sure how people that liked those would be put off by this game, when it follows a very similar formula.

Edit: Now that I think about it, can anyone else not stand Director Tann's voice actor (Kumail Nanjiani, dinesh from Silicon Valley) ? o_O Like, he's a funny guy and all that, but idk why that character sounds super awful with him as the voice.
    Last edited by fangless; 2017-03-23 at 06:34 PM.

Deleted
    so after some hours playtime:

the animation of the chars are really shit. i think they tried to much and failed. its definitely a step back. they tried to surpass DA:I and fucked it up. lucky for me i don´t give a shit about animation.

the saving during the prime missions is really really annyoing. hope the patch is comming soon.

the combat and the world are great. no fps drops. everything is running smoothly. my specs:

i8-6850k
    2x zotac gtx 1080 amp extreme
    32gb corsair-3200
    predator x34a

so hopefully the story is getting better. see ya

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Most of the game doesn't kick in until you finish Eos, at least from what I could tell.

All in all, it still feels like the previous Mass Effect games, not sure how people that liked those would be put off by this game, when it follows a very similar formula.

Edit: Now that I think about it, can anyone else not stand Director Tann's voice actor (Kumail Nanjiani, dinesh from Silicon Valley) ? o_O Like, he's a funny guy and all that, but idk why that character sounds super awful with him as the voice.
    its intentional. Given Tann's personality and actions, he's definitely not someone likeable or meant to be. Even the Council had redeeming factors compared to him.

What is the Explorer profile like btw?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    It's a case of "Jack of all trades, master of none." Its biotic blink is pretty neat ,but honestly I think you would be better served with a more specialized profile. Really depends what you enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account

Its funny. Ive only hit the third Tower in EOS, so basically just started, and I love it!

If it gets even better after EOS, im going to truly love this game through and through.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I've had a hell of a time trying to get this game to run.
    I know my system (4670k, GTX770, 8gb ram) is getting a little long in the tooth now, but I expected it to last a little longer.
    Nearly every time the game played a cut-scene it crashed with directx errors of various descriptions, but mainly the DX11 'trymap failed-graphic card has been removed' one. After sodding around all day with driver re-installs, checking temps, mucking around with clocks etc it seems to be down to the video card running out of memory, even on medium settings @1080p. I can run the actual game on medium or even high settings with no problem and it using around 16-1800Mb memory but as soon as a cut scene plays it wants another 4-500 Mb and the game crashes. Time for a new graphic card I suppose

Other than that, what I have managed to play of the game I've really enjoyed even with some dodgy animating and the odd glitches here and there.
    Has a real 'updated ME1' feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    its intentional. Given Tann's personality and actions, he's definitely not someone likeable or meant to be. Even the Council had redeeming factors compared to him.

I think it's more his weird lisp that he has has an actor. I don't mind the other salarians, but he really sticks out, and it's just mostly cause I recognize the actor I suppose.

Trying out multiplayer... A bit buggy, seems like there's this thing that causes matches to never start, even though everyone is ready. Another bug just knocked out my sound, had to restart the game.

But besides that, everyone is so weak. I miss being able to easily solo bronze or having a sniper rifle that actually kills people in a single head shot. Found the best thing I can do as an infiltrator is just lob grenades at people in stealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must have gotten the one perfect copy of the game, because aside from rare FPS issues due to an older card, I'm not getting any of the bugs people keep talking about, and I mean the glitching and crashing and shit like that. Sure the animations are still weird but that's not a programming issue, and really once you're not subjected to "meet a dozen poorly animated people" in a dozen conversations in under an hour, the weird animations become way less of an issue. The open world animations are great though, very fluid. The first few hours are REALLY the base elements of the game under a powerful microscope. Once you're outside of that and you have more control over where you go, who you talk to, IF you even talk to anyone its a much lessened issue.

The Nomad certainly needs some upgrades to get the job done. They're worth investing in. I'll note for the record again I hate crafting and cheated in unlimited materials, but frankly aside from customizing gear to get certain effects (which are minor or cosmetic, though, I have a sniper rifle that shoots grenades, kek).

I'm still setting on giving the game a 7/10 to 7.5/10 so far. It's a solid game but there are some primary elements that just make me scratch my head at their design and implementation. I'm no game scholar, but I think their menu system is a clusterfuck, yeah you learn it after a while, but it's not very friendly.

Also: still happy to see no Day 1 DLC!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The animation for space exploration is really, overly long. I'd understand if it was like that for planets you can land on, to hide a loading screen, but most explorable objects are literally just a picture that gives you resources or a planet with a bit of text that you can scan. Yes, the galaxy map is purty, but why the hell can't we speed up that travel?

Anyways, still enjoying myself a lot. Despite all the cries of bad writing I heard, I haven't come across many cringeworthy lines, and I actually like several new crew members, mostly Cora, Liam, Veetra and Suvi. Drack is a bit too much of a generic Krogan, I'd honestly have liked an engineer such as Kesh more I think. Peebee is kinda like Sera, but less annoying, so I can actually stand her presence.

Still, now that I've got some points spent in Charge and Backlash, plus a Krogan Hammer and a N7 Valkyrie rifle to strip shields, I'm having tons of fun with the combat. I'm dying much less than before, the airdash is a fantastic tool to reposition and avoid enemy fire.

15+ Year Old Account
    So just played the game for a bit for the first time. First impressions: character creation was a joke, the menus are horrible, can't change graphics settings at all in-game, the animations are absolutely disastrous - truly horrible, haven't seen such bad animations in recent years.

BUT! I really like the game, popcorn story and just enjoy the ride, the gameplay feels nice and setting is coolish, love the sit back and enjoy the ride kind of thing. So far a solid 5/7! thumbsup
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I think it's more his weird lisp that he has has an actor. I don't mind the other salarians, but he really sticks out, and it's just mostly cause I recognize the actor I suppose.
    no see. thats the thing. its works for Tann, it totally fits his character

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard the sex scenes suck

this true?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I heard the sex scenes suck

this true?
    Genn always asking the real questions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Genn always asking the real questions
    Its the most important thing in M(ASS) Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Man the vaults just really drop off in quality...

Not really a story spoiler, but a layout of the vaults spoiler:
    That first vault was massive and had those amazing views... Several giant rooms, several side areas, a few puzzles, etc...

The second one I went to on Voeld was just two rooms, the elevator room and the reset room... Granted the second room was fairly large and had two side areas and a puzzle or two.

Now I just finished the third one on Havarl... It was two rooms once again... Only this time the second room didn't even have any side areas or puzzles... There was just the gravity lift room... A door... And then the reset switch.

Like wtf.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far, the Human squad mates are actually nice characters. Liam does a lot of ummm... wtf things.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the Remnant Architects are by far some of the hardest boss fights I've had to do in a video game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Like wtf.
    Thats what the other two on Eos are like.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    So far, the Human squad mates are actually nice characters. Liam does a lot of ummm... wtf things.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the Remnant Architects are by far some of the hardest boss fights I've had to do in a video game.
    Well they are the Dragons of ME:A.. which brings me to my latest realiziation,the more I play the game the more I'm reminded of all the systems in DA:I but somehow I think they worked all a tiny bit better in DA:I than in ME:A. The resource gathering, the crafting, the map structure, the outpost building, the forward camps, the dra.. architects, the collectibles and what not, it's all so extremely similar. I hope Bioware doens't go full Ubisoft on us..