Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The investigation is ongoing but it's more the collective IC doing it. The congressional investigation has not started yet, but Nunes fucked up royally and is sparking a bipartisan push now for an independent investigation.
    Hopefully the sane minds remaining in the GOP will start to see the writing on the wall. An independent prosecutor is about the only chance they have left. I'm sure the Dems (who actually follow the rules when it comes to classified material and investigations on the Intelligence Committee) are just chomping at the bit, demanding one, and threatening to leak material if one doesn't come soon.

Re sane minds: People must already be at least discussing the path to President Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yep, when the dossier came to light, the FBI started checking the claims in the dossier. Slowly, they have been confirming it piece by piece. People tend to stick to one part of it, the pissing incident, but that hasn't been confirmed, YET.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, just like Allybeboba, he will claim that he isn't a "Trump supporter" but will continue to defend him as much as they can.
    The golden shower part was the least important part. And people are stuck on that being the unconfirmed part?

I'm sure he's had people piss on him, come on.

Off topic... can you imagine being Milania the first time he started to initiate sex? Oh god... pray for a quick death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Hopefully the sane minds remaining in the GOP will start to see the writing on the wall. An independent prosecutor is about the only chance they have left. I'm sure the Dems (who actually follow the rules when it comes to classified material and investigations on the Intelligence Committee) are just chomping at the bit, demanding one, and threatening to leak material if one doesn't come soon.

Re sane minds: People must already be at least discussing the path to President Pence.
    *vomits into a bag*

can you please put a warning?

The GOP are starting to turn on Nunes and backing the bipartisan push because how badly his stunt could fuck the party. He just drew even more negative attention, severely damaged the credibility of the House Intelligence Committee and the Republican party at large, and seemingly further drawn the ire of the IC as he either likely made a desperation move out of fear or fell into a trap set for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *vomits into a bag*

can you please put a warning?
    Would you rather have President Ryan?

I'm sure the Dems (who actually follow the rules when it comes to classified material and investigations on the Intelligence Committee)
    Except Hillary Clinton right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Oh god

*vomits on the floor*

please stop!

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Except Hillary Clinton right?
    Who? Is she still a thing?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fortunately, President Ryan isn't really a realistic option. So far as I can see, Pence hasn't done anything even close to impeachable. He's been the quiet little mouse sitting in the corner, waiting for Trump to step on his dick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    Lol.

Can't wait for people to get past Hillary. She lost. Get over it.

(not you, but people you're quoting - just to be clear)

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol.

Wont happen, they'll be fighting over the last Trump steak in the reeducation camp while still saying "at least he's not Hillary".
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The golden shower part was the least important part. And people are stuck on that being the unconfirmed part?

I'm sure he's had people piss on him, come on.

Off topic... can you imagine being Milania the first time he started to initiate sex? Oh god... pray for a quick death.
    Yep, just because it was part of the report, they think the ENTIRE report is false. But what they are stuck on besides that, was some idiot from 4chan claimed to be the guy that released it and alt-right "journalists" and I use that term loosely, reported it was fake. But then the real guy that released it came forward and now every little bit is being confirmed ever so slowly.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry, its just lockedout doing his standard thing of deflection when his party is losing.

Fortunately, President Ryan isn't really a realistic option. So far as I can see, Pence hasn't done anything even close to impeachable. He's been the quiet little mouse sitting in the corner, waiting for Trump to step on his dick.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol.

I wouldn't be so sure Pence comes out of this squeaky clean. He was hand selected by Trump's merry band of dimwits and there was a report earlier that the entire RNC may have been complicit, paying a Virgnian firm with Russian contacts to aid in the disinformation campaign.

Do I think Pence had an active role? No. But I don't think Pence was ignorant either. He's just one transcript from going under with the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the first potentially acceptable person in the line is Mattis.

So through Pence, Ryan, Hatch, Tillerson, and Mnuchin.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I think the first potentially acceptable person in the line is Mattis.

So through Pence, Ryan, Hatch, Tillerson, and Mnuchin.
    That's a lot of bodies to kick into The Pit. I doubt we have the manpower to do so.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Should use her emails as building material for the wall, since no one seems to be able to get over it
    You saw the opportunity, and you took it. Bravo.

But uh, yeah, this whole situation's pretty fucky and getting fuckier by the day.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Wont happen, they'll be fighting over the last Trump steak in the reeducation camp while still saying "at least he's not Hillary".
    Jesus, that's funny at first and then gets scarier the more I think about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, just because it was part of the report, they think the ENTIRE report is false. But what they are stuck on besides that, was some idiot from 4chan claimed to be the guy that released it and alt-right "journalists" and I use that term loosely, reported it was fake. But then the real guy that released it came forward and now every little bit is being confirmed ever so slowly.
    And no one is paying attention to it, either. Baffles me . . . well, not really. At this point there aren't any more surprises, just "wow, another one?".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    You saw the opportunity, and you took it. Bravo.

But uh, yeah, this whole situation's pretty fucky and getting fuckier by the day.
    I think an interesting "telling" item about this entire situation are the mid-range Trumpers on this forum who are not longer frothing at the mouth in defense of their god-king. They seem to be sitting back quietly, articulating something to the effect of "maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for him to resign".

The die-hards are hopeless, of course, but they always are.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    The scary thing, at least from what I've understood about the current situation over there, is that the people who still support him will support him even after an agency like the FBI prove that he did that (if he did). In fact, they'll support him even more - they'll see it as the "system" fighting back against the person who promised to purge it.

Either way, I'm glad my PhD is 3 years away. America has some of the best universities, after all.
    I mean, in any country and any politician, there will always be people who support anybody, until and AFTER the bitter end. Typically 1 out of 10 people have a crazy opinion about something.

Trump's support is on a cataclysmic and politically dangerous downward slope. He's already by far the least popular President in modern times at this point in his term.

His approval rating stands at 37%. That's the number to watch. At the height of the financial crisis, Bush was at 25%. When Nixon resigned, he was at 24%.

The thing is, we don't want Trump at 25% tomorrow. That does us no good. We want a him at 25% a week before the 2018 midterms. Destroying Donald Trump is not going to be about Silver bullets. It's going to be about the set up, and then bringing down the killing blow to his political life at the perfectly timed moment. 2018... Donald Trump the electoral loser... will deliver the job, and give Republicans a huge amount of motivation to either remove him in early 2019, or arrange for a 74 year old Trump to not run for re-election in 2020.

And one more thing, and this goes out to the Trumpkins:
    https://poll.qu.edu/national/release...ReleaseID=2444
    Voters disapprove 59 - 27 percent of the way Trump is handling U.S. policy toward Russia.

A total of 63 percent of American voters are "very concerned" or "somewhat concerned" about Trump's relationship with Russia.

A total of 65 percent of voters say alleged Russian interference in the 2016 election is a "very important" or "somewhat important" issue.

An independent commission should investigate links between some of Trump's campaign advisors and the Russian government, voters say 66 - 29 percent.

From March 16 - 21, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,056 voters nationwide with a margin of error of +/- 3 percentage points. Live interviewers call landlines and cell phones.

They don't get to say it isn't important to Americans anymore. It is, period, and it would be in the country's best interest for Russiagate to hit it's crescendo about 18 months from now.

@Skroe, Did you see that the Whitehouse staff was ordered to purge their cellphones today/recently?

@Skroe, Did you see that the Whitehouse staff was ordered to purge their cellphones today/recently?

Yep! But there isn't likely to be that useful information on them. And furthermore anyone who has a brain who thinks they may have committed a crime probably stashed evidence away to cut a deal with the FBI over, so that others take the fall.

I wouldn't worry too much bout the Bannon clique using encryption for their business and things of that nature. If they're going to be taken down, like any criminal enterprise, it's going to be by the things they didn't think of, utilizing methods that are difficult for them to obscure. They being outsiders and private citizens until this year, had no true understanding of the depth and breath of US surveillance of telecommunications and financial networks (a post 9/11 thing).

If money moves around, they'll get caught. Dirty emails would just be more context. The thing to look for in weeks and months ahead, is if (when) the Treasury's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network is brought in by the FBI. The FinCEN has been playing a key role in building the "Putin File" since at least 2005, when George W Bush instructed it to start mapping Putin's connections like the criminal network it is... basically finding the money. The Panama Papers a couple of years back? That's supposedly the tip of the iceberg of what FinCEN has collected (by comparison).

In short, clearing your phone is the kind of thing that makes a person feel secure, but it isn't nearly covering tracks the way people think it is. 15 years of counter-terrorism have illustrated that. If it hasn't been said lately, it's worth repeating: Al Qaeda Central have been professionals at discretely communicating and moving money around for decades now, and it has taken a world class, multi-billion dollar, high tech, decades-long operation to to get on top of who they are, what they do and where the money is. Bannon and his clique are many things but as "good" as Terrorists who have spent decades in a cat and mouse game against the West? Not even close.

Wouldn't that be ironic... if the Patriot Act and associated post 9/11 anti-"Islamic Fascism" laws ends up what sends the Trumpkin Friends of Russia to the gallows.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Still baffling that he has a whooping 81% support among Republicans.
    That is because they don't care as long as they are in power. The problem is, if they find evidence of collusion and from what Congressman Schiff said, there is evidence of it, they will be REQUIRED to impeach him. If they don't they risk their careers, their party and ALL elections from now until the end of time.