Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Like Iris, she's a reporter, but it isn't important anymore, she's just the plot device to motivate Barry now.
    Sorry but tis is not the Iris the reporter show. Its called the Flash and thus about Barrry Allen and everything else is a plot device like - shocking - in the comics....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Oh, and H.R. I don't want to even start on H.R.
    cause you cant thats how awsome Tom is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    My insane out of left field theory is that Jay Garrick is savitar, gone mad from taking wallys place in the speed force prison and blames Barry for "putting him there" even though he volunteered.
    they dont use that herring twice in a row....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Sorry but tis is not the Iris the reporter show. Its called the Flash and thus about Barrry Allen and everything else is a plot device like - shocking - in the comics....

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

they dont use that herring twice in a row....
    Hey, I did say insane and out of left field. :P
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    If it's not clear enough, I didn't read any comics.
    well in the comics his mothers death is a central plot that leads to him going to the police, getting hit by lightning and becoming the flash (yes dc loves heroes born out of tragedy...) so if you take that away that be like Thomas and Martha never been killed when Bruce was a kid

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if it's not " I'm the future, Flash" and it's actually "I'm the future flash". Just with the way Savi says it. He doesn't have that pause that you'd use a comma for.

No, he's not.
    He's long overdue with this farce.

I would loathe to say ze Splash is turining into something worse than even the whinyArrow, but it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Well that's how TV/movie musicals usually work. The singing is often done in a recording studio then added in later. You'll rarely see live singing used in TV/movie musicals. Course I imagine movies are better at this then TV shows.

Les Misérables is the only film I know of that used live singing (with mixed results).
    Honestly it is that they did it so poorly, I could tell every time they did it. The sound engineer did a horrible job.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    I wonder if it's not " I'm the future, Flash" and it's actually "I'm the future flash". Just with the way Savi says it. He doesn't have that pause that you'd use a comma for.
    The captioning had a comma. While not definitive proof, it's strong evidence
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Wow i just caught this weeks episode and that was the worst thing i have seen in a long time...

I gave it 5 minutes of Barry getting put in there with Kara and after that i just skipped to the end hoping it would stop.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    The captioning had a comma. While not definitive proof, it's strong evidence
    Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Just the way he says it every time, it always sounds like he is saying he is the future flash.

well in the comics his mothers death is a central plot that leads to him going to the police, getting hit by lightning and becoming the flash (yes dc loves heroes born out of tragedy...) so if you take that away that be like Thomas and Martha never been killed when Bruce was a kid
    His mother being killed when he was a child was something added to Barry Allen's backstory in 2009, so it's only been a central plot point for about 8 years. I'm not sure his parents were even mentioned in the prior 50+ years.
    Question for the Flash fans: One thing always bothered me, Flashpoint is a disaster and many people blamed Barry for trying to save his mom, especially the Legends. But isn't him saving his mom actually supposed to be solving an abberation? Reverse Flash came from the future to kill his mom, how is him saving her so disruptive? Is it because the abberation settled and Eobard was there for many years?
    Part of the issue is that the Barry Allen we know now is a product of the altered timeline. In Legends of Tomorrow, we have a group of 'heroes' from Timeline A flying around in a timeship, something happens to history to create Timeline B, and these people from Timeline A go back to try to fix the aberation and restore Timeline A as best they can. They're acting from the outside, so to speak, as they originated from the 'original' timeline.

Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash was from (let's say) Timeline X, and he went back in time and killed Barry's mom and created Timeline A. Until time 'set', Eobard or someone else from Timeline X could act to undo this aberration. Our Barry is from Timeline A, however, not Timeline X, so him trying to 'restore' the original Timeline X can't really work; he has no memories of Timeline X, and no connection to it. When Barry made Flashpoint, however, he still had memories of Timeline A, so could still act to restore it, as the universe considered him to be "from" Timeline A still.

No, he's the main character in an ensemble show. You can give side characters individuality without making them the main character. Iris has had stretches where she seemed useful, but then they just revert to her being Girlfriend Plot Device.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash was from (let's say) Timeline X, and he went back in time and killed Barry's mom and created Timeline A. Until time 'set', Eobard or someone else from Timeline X could act to undo this aberration. Our Barry is from Timeline A, however, not Timeline X, so him trying to 'restore' the original Timeline X can't really work; he has no memories of Timeline X, and no connection to it. When Barry made Flashpoint, however, he still had memories of Timeline A, so could still act to restore it, as the universe considered him to be "from" Timeline A still.
    But again, Flash-X waved off Flash-A, to insure TimelineA stuck around.

I assume this was just a Flashpoint call out before they decided to do a Flashpoint plotline, so probably means nothing now.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    But again, Flash-X waved off Flash-A, to insure TimelineA stuck around.

I assume this was just a Flashpoint call out before they decided to do a Flashpoint plotline, so probably means nothing now.
    Yeah, we don't know how much of their time travel stuff is planned out far in advance, and how much is done just for the sake of a dramatic plot. Maybe Flash-X knew that Flash-A couldn't be the one to fix the timeline, and that only Flash-X could do it, but he didn't get back in time or something. To be honest, we the fans think harder about this stuff than the writers do; they're just out to tell a cool story.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Yeah, we don't know how much of their time travel stuff is planned out far in advance, and how much is done just for the sake of a dramatic plot. Maybe Flash-X knew that Flash-A couldn't be the one to fix the timeline, and that only Flash-X could do it, but he didn't get back in time or something. To be honest, we the fans think harder about this stuff than the writers do; they're just out to tell a cool story.
    Or maybe Flash X knew to stop Flash A from altering the timeline, while Flash A let Flash X run off with LittleBarry and then beat Reverse Flash, thus modifying history in a noticeable manner! Maybe a Speedster can safely modify his own past actions, it's only when he modifies the activities of others in a perceptible manner!

Or, yeah, we've got at least 3 different methods for altering time and the writers just do what they need for the story at the moment. Just like comic books!

I can't believe they actually went through with that musical episode they always wanted to make. It was hilarious.

I always expected it to be some kind of bonus/optional episode, and not an actual episode of the Flash. Took some guts to do that.

It was enjoyable, normally you would see a "generic episode" where they fight someone unimportant and the whole thing is just an excuse to move characters forward romantically, and then you're like "I don't want this soap opera bs", but musical was refreshing for a change. I expected waterfalls of cringe, but it was kind of funny to me.
    Ah, if only Barry and Kara were together, that would probably be the strongest couple in the universe.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2017-03-24 at 01:18 PM.

Ah, if only Barry and Kara were together, that would probably be the strongest couple in the universe.
    And at least he'd heal fast every time she broke his nose while trying to kiss him.

jaysus H christ

this weeks episode was awful, if i wanted to watch glee, i'd watch fucking glee.

not surprisingly, old fuckbags from glee was in it as the bad/good guy.

cheesey as fuck, as soon as the music started i'd skip forward a couple minutes.

whereas in contrast, i loved the buffy musical episode.
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    jaysus H christ

this weeks episode was awful, if i wanted to watch glee, i'd watch fucking glee.

not surprisingly, old fuckbags from glee was in it as the bad/good guy.

cheesey as fuck, as soon as the music started i'd skip forward a couple minutes.

Don't forget that totally unnecessary gay couple that got shoved down our throats. I laughed so much at that part. So bad...

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    I liked the Buffy one, though a lot of shows have found reasons to do musical episodes since. I think Flash did a fine job with it, except for the feeling that Supergirl and Flash's breakups only existed in the previous episode so they could be re-united with song.

Otherwise, I don't think I've liked any musical episodes except Scrubs. Nothing beats Guy Love.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Don't forget that totally unnecessary gay couple that got shoved down our throats. I laughed so much at that part. So bad...
    It's odd, I didn't think anyone would complain about the two being a gay couple, I figured at least one comment about kicking in the door/ sexism. I found both humorous, so it's just interesting. I also think it's funny when someone complains about gay men being shoved down their throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Don't forget that totally unnecessary gay couple that got shoved down our throats.
    Giggity.

I think it mostly just to find a way to get the three singing regulars a chance to have a role. Wouldn't've made sense to have three families.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I was dreading the musical episode but after just watching it, I really enjoyed it. Shook things up nicely and I enjoyed that Music Meister ended up being a "good" guy rather than a bad guy.

Signature Created by Jassinta