Page 68 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It never breaks, its power gets depleted and must recharge. .
    Kinda why before I put breaks in quotes. For 10mins you can't use the sword, It mite as well break.

Its a stupid design choice along with a couple others. Great u have no issues with it, good for you here is your /cookie.

Ill ask the same question I asked a moment ago.

What does the weapon durability system in its current state add to the game that no other Zelda had?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You need zero koroks in the game to complete it. You also need to do nothing to get a few to increase your inventory as you should incidentally run across the, as you explore.
    Just because u can beat the game blindfolded with one arm behind your back and a dog biting your leg, It doesn't change why the dev's put something in the game.

Its to keep Joe Blow playing longer. I said it before and ill say it again. I AM NOT STATING A OPINION ABOUT THAT. Its a system that has been used time and time again.

Done repeating myself since clearly Nintendo can do no wrong in the fanboy's eyes.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And I am saying you are 100% factually wrong. These types of systems have been placed in many games for that exact reason.

Just because YOU can ignore it and play without it doesn't mean Joe Blow can. As proven by a post above already. This isn't the first game to add a system to it to pro-long the game play and it won't be the last.

Just because u can beat the game with 3 hearts and some sticks doesn't mean the vast majority can or will.
    The extra slots do not add to your ability to survive. They only let you hold more weapons, which if you get the Master Sword, you don't need that much for any boss anyway.

You can argue that's what the shrines are for, sure, because hearts help you survive.

But extra weapon slots just let you hold more, most of which you can find easily without going out of your way (Which you are ignoring for some reason).

You wanna go farm a stupid amount of the seeds for extra slots because you feel the need to hold 20 weapons? That's YOUR choice. The game doesn't force you to. Nowhere is Ganon going to leave you laughing about how you don't have 20 weapon slots.

Just because u can beat the game blindfolded with one arm behind your back and a dog biting your leg, It doesn't change why the dev's put something in the game.

Its to keep Joe Blow playing longer. I said it before and ill say it again. I AM NOT STATING A OPINION ABOUT THAT. Its a system that has been used time and time again.

Done repeating myself since clearly Nintendo can do no wrong in the fanboy's eyes.
    No, it's because what you're saying is like saying you need to catch every pokemon to beat the game, when really you just need 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The Master Sword has been shown several times to be depowered.Etc- Wind Waker.
    Depowered yes, but still usable 100% of the time just not as powerful. In this game when it's "depowered" you aren't even allowed to swing it around and it's effectively broken.

No, it's because what you're saying is like saying you need to catch every pokemon to beat the game, when really you just need 6.
    Not what I am saying at all.

Doesn't mods need to know how to read before being able to be a mod? I never said it was needed to beat the game, I said its there to pro-long it.

- - - Updated - - -

A new wrinkle where I have to pay attention to what gear I have before venturing into dangerous areas... with the wrong weapons you could need to leave and hear up, or spend 10 minutes waiting for the master sword to recharge(see why they did that?). You dislike it so it's a bad design choice? No, that's just you disliking something.
    Whatever you say fanboy.

Also the bolded was in other Zelda's as well. Still waiting for someone to tell me what it add's to the game the other Zelda's didn't have.

The sword never breaks, its power is depleted for a time and you have to wait for it to recharge. The timeline non-sense is just that. None of these games connect unless they are direct sequels and should be taken as stand alone games. In BotW world the master swords energy depletes after using it a while(faster if you use it for something other than sealing the darkness).
    My point is that it's a sharpened piece of metal that is obviously very strong and also holds some mysterious powers. It sat in a stone for 100 years and is a sword of legend so it's obviously resilient and well forged. Just because the powers are drained and need to be recharged doesn't make the sharpened, resilient, forged metal any less effective at slashing and killing stuff.

The reason it "breaks" and becomes unusable is a gimmicky game mechanic, not lore.

The switch is so underpowered that an emulator is about to be released that can run breath of the wild near-flawlessly, and the emulation scene is just getting started. I may try it out on the emulator, but the weapon system really sounds like anti-fun. zelda has always been about character advancement. find that new treasure, new weapons, weapon upgrades etc that make you feel liek you are getting stronger and stronger. picking up whatever weapon happens to be lying on the ground and us ing it for 10 seconds until it breaks is the most anti-zelda thing ive ever heard. i may not even bother playing it unless they patch that out.

You can spend 1-2 hours clearing all of hyrule castle at any point after you get off the GP and after that you have more then enough gear to beat the game. No it's not "hard", the only time it would get hard is when you're doing the 45 min speed run and literally have to do it with the bare minimum.

Hyrule castle has 30-50 damage bows 50+ shields and 40-60+ weapons all throughout it, shit loads of guardian arrows in various chests. There is more then enough there to beat the game. You don't need 13 hearts, you don't need the MS, you don't need fucking korok seeds. Hell there are literally weapons INSIDE the boss room you fight Ganon in if for whatever reason you actually ran out.

No one needs to grind shit to beat the game, lets cut that nonsense right now. The castle has all the tools you need to beat the game and was built that way on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    My point is that it's a sharpened piece of metal that is obviously very strong and also holds some mysterious powers. It sat in a stone for 100 years and is a sword of legend so it's obviously resilient and well forged. Just because the powers are drained and need to be recharged doesn't make the sharpened, resilient, forged metal any less effective at slashing and killing stuff.

The reason it "breaks" and becomes unusable is a gimmicky game mechanic, not lore.
    Funny enough this isn't the first open world Zelda title. There was one other that came out and did this whole system right.

That was A Link Between Worlds. You could tackle that game however u wished.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    The switch is so underpowered that an emulator is about to be released that can run breath of the wild near-flawlessly, and the emulation scene is just getting started. I may try it out on the emulator, but the weapon system really sounds like anti-fun. zelda has always been about character advancement. find that new treasure, new weapons, weapon upgrades etc that make you feel liek you are getting stronger and stronger. picking up whatever weapon happens to be lying on the ground and us ing it for 10 seconds until it breaks is the most anti-zelda thing ive ever heard. i may not even bother playing it unless they patch that out.
    It's not the Switch version being emulated. If you want to try to make "informational" posts you should learn what you're trying to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You don't need 13 hearts, you don't need the MS, you don't need fucking korok seeds.
    No one including myself said you need those.

I said the Durability System and Korok Seed system is there to prolong the game. Just because you, me or some speed runner can clear the game on the basic shit doesn't mean the average consumer can. It keeps the average consumer playing for long periods of time and more then me or you.

This isn't new to gaming and this isn't a opinion.

Just because you, me or some speed runner can clear the game on the basic shit
    It's not basic shit. It's literally the strongest tools in the game all at your disposal. There are at least 4(that I know of) weapons that are 70+ damage to loot in hyrule castle but YA basic shit.

It's not basic shit. It's literally the strongest tools in the game all at your disposal.
    By basic shit I mean getting there with 3 hearts and the cloths on your back. Yes once you are at the castle the weapon's that drop is high damage.

That doesn't change what I said and what I said being FACT.

Once again not once did I say ANYTHING was needed in this game.

Not what I am saying at all.

Doesn't mods need to know how to read before being able to be a mod? I never said it was needed to beat the game, I said its there to pro-long it.
    It doesn't prolong the game if you don't need it. You wanna go 100% the game? That's your choice. There's no reason to though, especially since there's no achievements.

And I'm not sure why you feel the need to keep hoping on the "mod" point, I don't mod this forum first off, and second off, you are literally ignoring people's rebuttal by calling them a fanboy. Someone disagreeing with you doesn't mean they're a fanboy.

By basic shit I mean getting there with 3 hearts and the cloths on your back. Yes once you are at the castle the weapon's that drop is high damage.
    Are you trying to imply it's hard to get into the castle?

If so... well... lul.

Hard as in you might die a few times to Guardians until you find a good path? Ya... that's not really hard or difficult or even time consuming.

It's not the Switch version being emulated. If you want to try to make "informational" posts you should learn what you're trying to talk about.
    oops, wii u is what i meant. thanks for the dickish correction. in any case, they are the same game, switch just runs at 900p, wii u at 720p. everything else is identical (other than the wii u having more slowdown issues). both run at 30fps, and that extremely low resolution and frame rate is another reason why i may take a pass on it. 30 fps in particular is an eyesore.

It doesn't prolong the game if you don't need it. You wanna go 100% the game? That's your choice. There's no reason to though, especially since there's no achievements.

And I'm not sure why you feel the need to keep hoping on the "mod" point, I don't mod this forum first off, and second off, you are literally ignoring people's rebuttal by calling them a fanboy. Someone disagreeing with you doesn't mean they're a fanboy.
    Sitting there and just saying I am wrong is ignoring what I have said and that is all you and a few posters have done.

If this game was made by any other company and not brained Zelda people like you would burn it at the cross. Once again and read closely because I won't repeat it again.

NOT ONCE DID I SAY ANYTHING WAS NEEDED, ITS A FUCKEN VIDEO GAME NOTHING IS NEEDED. That does not change why the system is there in the first place.

Its there to prolong the game and nothing more. It add's ZERO to the game that other Zelda's didn't already have.

You can spend 1-2 hours clearing all of hyrule castle at any point after you get off the GP and after that you have more then enough gear to beat the game. No it's not "hard", the only time it would get hard is when you're doing the 45 min speed run and literally have to do it with the bare minimum.

Hyrule castle has 30-50 damage bows 50+ shields and 40-60+ weapons all throughout it, shit loads of guardian arrows in various chests. There is more then enough there to beat the game. You don't need 13 hearts, you don't need the MS, you don't need fucking korok seeds. Hell there are literally weapons INSIDE the boss room you fight Ganon in if for whatever reason you actually ran out.

No one needs to grind shit to beat the game, lets cut that nonsense right now. The castle has all the tools you need to beat the game and was built that way on purpose.
    Good information on the castle gear, thanks. I'll need to go raid it before heading to my next area so I have some good stuff...all the gear I have now is shit and breaks too fast, I know the later/ higher level stuff takes MUCH longer to break.

I haven't seen anyone outright saying they NEED to grind anything in this game to beat it, just that certain aspects of it (like the durability) are...less than ideal, from an enjoyment perspective.

I wouldn't feel right playing through a Zelda game with the Master Sword in it and not getting it. So I'll happily grind the shrines to get the hearts to grab it, especially since it doesn't break in infested areas.

Are you trying to imply it's hard to get into the castle?

If so... well... lul.

Hard as in you might die a few times to Guardians until you find a good path? Ya... that's not really hard or difficult or even time consuming.
    What is difficult is a matter of opinion. What me and you find easy others find hard, Difficulty is subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    So I'll happily grind the shrines to get the hearts to grab it, especially since it doesn't break in infested areas.
    It does break in those area's but takes much much longer.

What is difficult is a matter of opinion. What me and you find easy others find hard, Difficulty is subjective.
    Ya so show me how looting hyrule castle is difficult to any opinion.

Can't? Just going to try to hide under that blanket? Thought so.