Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    If my math is correct, we need put 6127 times more effort than current 64M AP cap in 7.2.
    Math sounds about right, but your conclusion falls short quite a bit. The basic concept is that you are literally incapable to ever finish it. Its flat out impossible to finish it before the expansion ends.

Realistically, players will get to 61 rather easily, but everything beyond that requires a lot of work. Really dedicated players will maybe get to 70 or so, but that already requires weeks or months of work.

As such, raids will clearly not be balanced to require it, and the way it scales even people that grind *a lot* will only be marginally stronger then those that don't, so there is no gigantic pressure to farm M+ all day, every day.

It also gives Blizzard a way to buff players in the future - just add a few more AK levels and suddenly everyone can get their weapon up a few steps, and we all get stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Do you honestly believe that's going to happen? Just really, really think about that one for a minute.
    I'm not sure what you're asking.

You realize that the patch is about to be released right?

Edit: people keep saying "oh it's not possible so it doesn't matter and wont be tuned around", do you understand that there is some number of traits that will tuned around? It doesn't matter if that is the literal cap, or an obtainable cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    People praise the faster content release, whereas in reality, it is just an endless refresh of existing content with continued AP, mythic+ and legendary grind.
    aye because increase of ap requirement is the only content that comes with 7.2
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunavale View Post
    I'm not sure what you're asking.

You realize that the patch is about to be released right?

Edit: people keep saying "oh it's not possible so it doesn't matter and wont be tuned around", do you understand that there is some number of traits that will tuned around? It doesn't matter if that is the literal cap, or an obtainable cap.
    So once the patch releases that's that? No way to ever change the cap / AK gains? Man I need to brush up on my data/patching knowledge.

The most likely thing is they add 5-10 massive levels of AK in 7.3, or late in a raid tier as their way to nerf a raid.

Blizzard's intent with AP was to make it so that there's "always" a benefit to doing whatever you're doing in the form of an increase to character power.

It does in fact deliver in that aspect, but the problem with having the grind be literally endless is that players get no closure. Yes, reaching the closure point often causes people to say "I'm done until next patch" but having it entirely inaccessible causes a much more severe drop-off in the form of burnout. People want to eventually be done with their mains, at least for a little while. The problem with the expac being alt-unfriendly isn't that alts can't be powerful, it's that any time not spent on one's main is actively giving them a disadvantage. You may say this is only a problem for hardcore mythic raiders, but there is a HIGH tendency for even casual guilds progressing Heroic as their endgame to rely on power over skill. So the same mentality seeps down just a bit less extreme.

And actually, alts have been the long-time solution to "My friend needs help, but my character doesn't need anything from the content he's doing." Historically, people have just character hopped to get around this problem, and that was fine. Now if your friend needed carrying through some content... well, even with AP, you're still only doing this out of the goodness of your heart, because having to carry someone actively slows you down. The instance goes slower and even gives crappier AP and BLP at the end.
    Last edited by Raxz; 2017-03-23 at 11:08 PM.

Deleted
    Customers: Blizzard we want less Grind please
    Blizzard: Ok fine... Here have infinite Grind you dont need to max out

Welp I'm done grinding ap.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    FTFY.

Why do people even comment in obv bait thread?
    No, 51 traits is maxed weapon, 61 includes 10x concordance of legionfall... /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    No, 51 traits is maxed weapon, 61 includes 10x concordance of legionfall... /sigh
    concordance goes to 50 now FYI

so 101 in weapon

10+ Year Old Account
    And now imagine this:

Patch 7.3 hits, one of the features is an increase in Artifact Knowledge to level 65.

Whats funny is all the sheep is here raging who have no idea what they are actually raging against...

ONCE YOU UNLOCK the Proc. It goes up 200 int or 200 vers per level......

Assuming a 33-40% uptime that is usual with procs that means roughly 66-70 Int/Vers per Level of the proc...

so after 62 or w/e Every point in your weapon gives you basically 0.1% dps gain or less and take 40 hours of grinding to grind out 1 point....

They left them in there just because maybe in 7.3 they will add super AK to make it doable but TBH even the most nolife live in their moms basement grindfest I raid 7 days a week and Eat cheetos all day Nolifers will barely be 0.5% dps above anyone else.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-03-24 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunavale View Post
    We do understand that.

However, do you understand how the costs of the traits scale in 7.2, and what that means? They learned from their mistake in 7.0/7.1 and how the 20 bonus traits scaled (both in cost and power). The new bonus traits scale exponentially in cost (roughly every 3 level cost as much as your entire artifact before it), and they don't provide as strong as a flat bonus anymore.

Everyone will be able to get to 61 with ease over time, since thats about where the AK puts you. 61 is already 10 levels into the bonus traits, giving you a good solid platform, and also ensuring that any more traits you get play a lesser role.

This basically means that hardcore people will only be ahead of the less-active players by a few levels, and only a small margin of dps. There will not be a huge gap of 10-15% flat damage anymore, but closer to 1-2%, as long as you keep playing at least somewhat actively.

In consequence, whatever the raid is balanced for will be much closer to the power of average players, unlike the 54 requirement in the upper parts of M Nighthold, which was clearly designed for the absolute top-end of the spectrum.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2017-03-24 at 12:19 AM.

They don't want you to grind it.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    People praise the faster content release, whereas in reality, it is just an endless refresh of existing content with continued AP, mythic+ and legendary grind.
    In reality, it means new zones, new dungeons, new raids and so on.

But let's continue to hate everything Blizzard comes up with!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    assuming maws are +10 and 12min long
    ANd why would you do maw wich gives the LOWEST number of ak? thats just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    ANd why would you do maw wich gives the LOWEST number of ak? thats just silly.
    because that assuming running Maw having the same Base AP as it does in 7.1.5

it will be either higher or lower in patch (no way to check atm)

still nearly 30 years to max weapon is dumb

Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    This grinding is out of control.

- - - Updated - - -

source url:
    Code:
    ptr(dot)wowhead(dot)com(slash)artifact-calc/mage/arcane/PGyQIEAEgEBJAQSgQEsEBNBATgEE8EBQAQUQQFIEBTBAVAQFYBBXARIgFJEBU7AVWwFfkEX6AV-wFfwyZnAQ
    - - - Updated - - -

865T AP????
    No. Your lack of comprehension is out of control.

Numbers are just numbers. The concept is that AP is not meant to be hard-grinded out to cap-paragon-traits like we could do to 54. An enormous chunk of this ap requirement is for negligably small increases to the Paragon trait, and 'normal players' simply wont/dont need to do earn anywhere NEAR that much to get all other traits before it.

What part of that is too hard to understand for you?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    concordance goes to 50 now FYI

so 101 in weapon
    Yes, and it starts at 51, 51+50 = 101... Some guy tried to correct my quote saying 61 was a maxed weapon for some weird reason.

61 is just the cut-off point where AK and traits stop being linear increases of 30% each.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-24 at 01:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    They said that the goal is intentionally unreachable and the reward very minor for the effort. This is so people won't go full mental ham ballistic grindfest through M+ 24/7 for raid prepping or whatever. This way you just use the AP you passivly gain from doing things you enjoy, some dungeons, some WQ, some raids. And have your character progress slowly throughout the expansion. Most likely you won't even reach the max AP for 1 weapon by the end of the expansion. It was designed to be that way.

I don't think its a good reason nor design, but it is the reason blizzard made it so impossible. Entirely on purpose.
    Well maybe the psycho AP-farmer-must-complete-everything-person will keel over and die so we won't have this in the next expansion.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222