Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Because it isn't based on inflation alone, it is also based on the Currency Strength in these Areas vs the Currency where the Company is ran.

As I said, Look at these people that don't understand basic economics.

- - - Updated - - -

"DON'T GIVE US THE EXACT REASON AS TO THE OCCURRENCE WE JUST WANT TO BE MAD ABOUT STUFF!"
    oh boy when someone doesnt understand that Blizzard is simply milking their Customers

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Hmm... last time i checked raiding is able to be done *GASP* Cross Server!

And Mythic raiding? Yeah, that applies to maybe .01% of the population? And not even that for those who want to raid but are on "dead" realms.

sigh, you know full well how much easier it is to raid when you are in a guild.
    its not just about raiding, its economy, its running with your guild, etc etc etc
    people don't want to run with random people every week, part of the allure of the game is guilds

15+ Year Old Account
    ...aaaahahahahaha...
    Sorry, not sorry. These were too expensive to being with. Now that? First Hearthstone, now this?

Ah jeez. Nerdy kids vs. the real world and economics.

Deleted
    I can't believe they actually raised the price on a service that is already expensive as hell and 100% profit since the entire thing is automated talk about milking your consumer base, fuck you good thing I already quit long ago.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    oh boy when someone doesnt understand that Blizzard is simply milking their Customers
    oh boy when someone doesn't understand a Business changes prices based on current financial exchanges.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So yeah they put stuff on Sale now. 25% off until April 4.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Ah jeez. Nerdy kids vs. the real world and economics.
    It is pretty hilarious. Since you can tell 99% of the people complaining are likely people without Jobs that wouldn't pay for the services normally anyway.

In the time it took me to read through this thread and reply a few times I already made the money that would cover the increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    oh boy when someone doesn't understand a Business changes prices based on current financial exchanges.
    oh boy you still dont get it that they dont have to do any of it

pls stop replying thanks

But keep on defending Blizzard

We see us next time when they increase the Cost again without any Bullshit Reason

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    oh boy you still dont get it that they dont have to do any of it

pls stop replying thanks

But keep on defending Blizzard

We see us next time when they increase the Cost again without any Bullshit Reason
    Grats! You now get to pay the same high price as us as opposed to paying less (respectively in terms of exchange rates)! Oh wait... the thing that EVERYONE has to pay? The sub fee? Yea, you still pay less, you basically get about a free month every year converting what you pay (12.99 eur) to usd (14.02 at current exchange rates), so really, fuck off, it may seem like a huge hike to you but its kinda nice seeing you get to pay just as much as us now for optional things.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Grats! You now get to pay the same high price as us as opposed to paying less (respectively in terms of exchange rates)! Oh wait... the thing that EVERYONE has to pay? The sub fee? Yea, you still pay less, you basically get about a free month every year converting what you pay (12.99 eur) to usd (14.02 at current exchange rates), so really, fuck off, it may seem like a huge hike to you but its kinda nice seeing you get to pay just as much as us now for optional things.
    Except US will have infinitely better Gold to services, 50% less token price, and a better exchange rate, say you want a Faction change $30, = 2 tokens, EU = €30 = 3 tokens...

Comes down to 200k gold vs 600k gold for the same ...

Deleted
    I hope you're aware that local markets are different as well? Generally, Western & Northern EU countries have higher income and sale taxes than US across the board. In addition to that, In Eastern and Southern Europe, wages are a fraction of what they are in the Western countries. For instance, I'd get paid 300 euros a month for the same job in Czech Republic vs the 2900 I get in Belgium. Living costs are also highly dependent on area and country.

However, Blizzard services are the same across the board for all European Countries afaik. For some people that is practically unpayable. That's why other online retailers and service providers have adjusted pricing to accomodate for these countries. Because they know that despite having lower prices, they get higher profit margin because they attract more customers.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2017-03-24 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    I hope you're aware that local markets are different as well? Generally, Western & Northern EU countries have higher income and sale taxes than US across the board. In addition to that, In Eastern and Southern Europe, wages are a fraction of what they are in the Western countries. For instance, I'd get paid 300 euros a month for the same job in Czech Republic vs the 2900 I get in Belgium. Living costs are also highly dependent on area and country.

However, Blizzard services are the same across the board for all European Countries. For some people that is practically unpayable.
    I mean, it sucks for them, but a business can't tailor its overall sub fees JUST because a country has lower wages, they can't be like, well, you know, people only make like 300 eur a month here so we can only charge them like 5 eur.

Cost of living is all over the board in the US too, where I live, it's dirt cheap, living at minimum wage ain't too bad (i don't make min wage but that's besides the point), there's places you couldn't make min wage and live though.

Deleted
    I mean, it sucks for them, but a business can't tailor its overall sub fees JUST because a country has lower wages, they can't be like, well, you know, people only make like 300 eur a month here so we can only charge them like 5 eur.
    They can. And they have. Go onto the steam store. You'll find that most games actually have region based pricing for Western and Eastern EU. Because you know, that is sensible.
    Not only that, not everyone in Europe uses Euro, so even for those citizens that don't, prices still fluctuate on a daily basis.

But those are some of the reasons of the reasons why this price increase is a bad idea, from a business perspective. Not only does this price increase overall drive potential customers away, it'll make the service literally unpayable for a large group of players, and if they're not able to realm transfer off a dead realm, the chances they quit the game are increased. So not only are they losing out on potential transfer sales, they're also losing subs directly (people in protest) and indirectly because of this price increase.

And I know that US living costs aren't the same across the board either. However, can you honestly say that living in Ohio and living in California literally has a 75-90% difference in terms of costs and wage? No, you cannot. It's not the same. Nevermind that, you also don't lose 40% of your wage to income taxes either. (altho, we do get a lot more social benefits for it).
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2017-03-24 at 01:03 AM.

They can. And they have. Go onto the steam store. You'll find that most games actually have region based pricing for Western and Eastern EU. Because you know, that is sensible.
    Not only that, not everyone in Europe uses Euro, so even for those citizens that don't, prices still fluctuate on a daily basis.

But those are some of the reasons of the reasons why this price increase is a bad idea, from a business perspective. Not only does this price increase overall drive potential customers away, it'll make the service literally unpayable for a large group of players, and if they're not able to realm transfer off a dead realm, the chances they quit the game are increased. So not only are they losing out on potential transfer sales, they're also losing subs directly (people in protest) and indirectly because of this price increase.

And I know that US living costs aren't the same across the board either. However, can you honestly say that living in Ohio and living in California literally has a 75-90% difference in terms of costs and wage? No, you cannot. It's not the same.
    Well good for those who do, you're not required to, and great, lower the prices for the eastern EU. But where wages and living costs are similar (Eastern EU for the EURO and GBP) pricing should be as similar as it can be, it hasn't been for years. Until this change someone was paying 20 USD for something that cost us 25 USD, and that's not right.

Deleted
    Well good for those who do, you're not required to, and great, lower the prices for the eastern EU. But where wages and living costs are similar (Eastern EU for the EURO and GBP) pricing should be as similar as it can be, it hasn't been for years. Until this change someone was paying 20 USD for something that cost us 25 USD, and that's not right.
    I don't see why you're cheering for a price increase for consumers. It's highly illogical. I can understand why you don't understand the peculiarities of EU economy. Not our fault that your currency has been run into the ground.

I don't see why you're cheering for a price increase for consumers. It's highly illogical. I can understand why you don't understand the peculiarities of EU economy. Not our fault that your currency has been run into the ground.
    Our currencies are almost equal 1 EUR = 1.08 USD, whether that's the USD strengthening, or the euro faltering idk, but it's been like that since about 2015 with a slight boost last year. GBP is only 1 to 1.20ish now, its not like 1st world currency is that different right now. I'm not cheering that someone's price went up, I would have preferred ours went down, but there was zero reason for the pricing difference when eastern EU and US are THAT different in wages/living costs

It almost seems like having a single currency for so many different countries was a bad idea...
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-03-24 at 01:16 AM.

That's ridiculous, i also thought the prices would come down.

Either there's an army of people pumping money into buying these services or Blizzard have royally broken their own income by putting the tokens etc in the game.

Charging that much money for such a simple procedure is disgraceful.

Deleted
    And still people defend Blizz on this.. its baffling... I love Blizz games as much as the next guy but cmon.. we all can see this is a money grab right? The whole thing is automated and the dev costs have been earned back a 1000 times over by now.. People trying to push "but hey inflation" are grasping at straws trying to defend squeezing every last penny in that hundreds of millions of dollar profit each year.

Deleted
    yeah you mean like the other shit where i had to pay $ Prices in € ? So how about you fuck off. others are even worse