Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I have had to before, when I was young and we did not have money to tend to our own medical needs, let alone those of a pet. Two cats and one dog. It was horrible and I had nightmares about it for years after each of them.

As an adult, I have made sure that I have the means to take care of my animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    growing up on Manitoulin Island I seen my parents drown many kittens in a bag in the bathtub. Not a pleasant memory.

Not trying to be mean or harsh but your parents seem like they were horrible people even worse if had you watch, and possibly psychopaths?

On topic, if they were suffering and no cure for problem? Yes i would i have the knowledge to make something that would painlessly kill them in their sleep.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 2017-03-24 at 04:30 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only if they have some sort of incurable medical condition, and are suffering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It's never an easy thing to do, but I've done it in the past and if I feel it necessary will do it again I'm sure. If a pet has a painful disease or disorder, or is lethally injured with little to no chance of recovery, I think putting it down is the best course of action.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'm not sure. I struggled enough letting my first dog head to the vet for that.

If they were in enough pain I'm sure I could eventually get myself to but it'd eat me up inside.

Now I'm depressed, thanks for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

its a legit question.
    Not when its coming from you

It's hard to say, I doubt it though. My cat is essentially one of my best friends - she's a Maine Coon so she's very affectionate, intelligent and playful by nature. So if anything happened to her I'd be pretty messed up. I'd be more inclined to try and do whatever I could to try and save her life; getting multiple opinions from professionals if I were able.

i'd prefer a bullet to being put to sleep and filled with toxins
    for multiple reasons, not least of which is cost

I do not have the tools to do so humanely, so no.

Also it'd be heartbreaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I prolly couldn't, but my brother sure could. Strangled one himself, even. Ugh.

If I had to in order to prevent further suffering, yes. I would like to think I wouldn't be able to do it without a gun though. Small animals, I don't know if I could. Seeing a ferrets head blown completely off might bother me, I love those little guys.

Deleted
    I'm thinking of saving a 1000 bucks and do it yourself?
    I think you won't have a hard time finding someone who would say:
    "Give me 50 bucks and borrow me a shovel."

That way you save 950 bucks and don't have to do it yourself.

Deleted
    I always wonder why it's always the same stuff when Jay is drunk. He must have some neighbor with some pet he really hates :P

Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    Not when its coming from you
    Why does everyone like to hate on Jayburner? He sometimes makes topics that promote good discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Have you never had surgery? It's actually quite pleasant.
    the only time ive ever been put under was when i broke my arm
    apparently i still writhed in pain as they set it

thats what i was told anyway

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Not around here, we had our last horse put down two years ago, it was about $200
    Yeah the actual euthanasia is about 200e here, too. But the other costs related to it - burial, transferring the corpse etc. climb up the price a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to put down my Guinea Pig, it got mauled by a feral cat and was dying, so I put him out of his Misery. RIP Axel

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    Why does everyone like to hate on Jayburner? He sometimes makes topics that promote good discussion.
    I agree.. Jayburner does come up with good topics

The Mods do not like him for some reason..??

Perhaps they are worried he will steal their jobs

I have to say i have mainly "working" animals and i fucking let them live their life until the end except in case of sudden suffering (near the end and the dog cry because he suffer a lot, or terminal illness, or deadly hurt) where i need to shoot him, since the first veterinarian is 30 mn away + often away + fairly big dogs (the cats, well, they live their life and come back for a pat and MIAAAW MIAAAW me because they havent hunted enough.. and sometimes they dont come back at all :|)

Ehh, I have put down about a dozen pigs or so, does that count?