Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trump appears to be a follower of a particular religious group -- I'd call it a cult -- that believes pretty much this kind of thing.

Jackson lives in a multimillion-dollar mansion in Detroit and drives luxury cars. He preaches that being rich is not bad and that Trump's wealth shows he is "blessed by God."

Such teachings exemplify the "prosperity gospel," which holds that God rewards faithful Christians with financial success. It is a faith tradition with which Trump long has been associated. His "spiritual adviser" is Paula White, who as the leader of New Destiny Christian Center near Orlando, Fla., is perhaps the best known prosperity preacher in the country.
    Source: http://www.npr.org/2017/01/13/509558...ows-his-values

I don't want to derail into a discussion of religion, but when someone believes that success is proof of divine approval, then comments like this one are just part of the pattern and to be expected.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Democrats are set up for another crappy election, not because of Trump, but because they actually don't have a message at this point. Vagina masks to support Women or something, Trans bathrooms?, everyone is racist,and we hate Trump doesn't sound very appealing. Plus who are they going to run, fauxcahontas Warren? 90 year old Bernie?or Maybe Keith Ellison because we need the Muslim vote. Well my guess would be a non white guy, someone without privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post

What was it at before the election? Oh yeah, as low as 17,400.
    The stock market, by design, will always go up over time. Using that as an indicator of much is unwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Democrats are set up for another crappy election, not because of Trump, but because they actually don't have a message at this point. Vagina masks to support Women or something, Trans bathrooms?, everyone is racist,and we hate Trump doesn't sound very appealing. Plus who are they going to run, fauxcahontas Warren? 90 year old Bernie?or Maybe Keith Ellison because we need the Muslim vote. Well my guess would be a non white guy, someone without privilege.

AGREE. They have ZERO (0) talking points in this century. Lets see here, the republicans want small government, lower taxes and abide by the constitution. How the fuck is the Democrat party going to counter this? Lets not forget that the democart party was founded on racism and slavery and it was the Republicans who freed the slaves. ZING

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    AGREE. They have ZERO (0) talking points in this century. Lets see here, the republicans want small government, lower taxes and abide by the constitution. How the fuck is the Democrat party going to counter this? Lets not forget that the democart party was founded on racism and slavery and it was the Republicans who freed the slaves. ZING
    The fact that small government helps absolutely no one and they're in favor of social programs that help people cope with economic instability.

Exactly how badly educated in history do you have to be not to realise the parties switched platforms in the 60s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There is absolutely nothing anti-American about criticizing the President. It's one of the most American things you can do. Blindly following him like he's a glorious leader... now THAT'S anti-American.
    Ive read the libcucks posts history. Its full of KEK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The fact that small government helps absolutely no one and they're in favor of social programs that help people cope with economic instability.

Exactly how badly educated in history do you have to be not to realise the parties switched platforms in the 60s.
    Um, FALSE and very fake news, LMAO. Yep they were all like "lets switch teams, ideologies, colors and logos guys" . Hahahah, GTFO

- - - Updated - - -

The goverments first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives. Did you really say social programs? You must live in Europe lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, FALSE and very fake news, LMAO. Yep they were all like "lets switch teams, ideologies, colors and logos guys" . Hahahah, GTFO
    No, more like the Democrats began to embrace more left wing economic and social politics in order to compete in the North and eventually failed to hold together their more regressive original base in the South, which the Republicans picked up by means of the Southern Strategy.

History is not 'news', by definition.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The goverments first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives. Did you really say social programs? You must live in Europe lol
    Social programs protect people.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I live in the United States. I'm just sufficiently educated to be above libertarianism.

AGREE. They have ZERO (0) talking points in this century. Lets see here, the republicans want small government unless your state does things that the GOP does not like, lower taxes for the wealthy and abide by the constitution when it is agreeable to them. How the fuck is the Democrat party going to counter this? Lets not forget that the democart party was founded on racism and slavery and it was the Republicans who freed the slaves. ZING
    Fixed that for you.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    It's funny that he's saying 'and you're not' as if that's an insult.

"Yes... I am a reporter, I didn't run for the Presidency, nor did I have any intentions in doing so."

No, I live in the United States. I'm just sufficiently educated to be above libertarianism.
    Oh your so educated. Lets look at the senate and congress floor for the voting of civil rights in the 60's. Oh the republicans voted in favor more than the Democrats. But I thought they switched sides Didactic.

Here is a picture of the 1924 democratic convention, known as Klanbake

#NEXT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yeah, we haven't had a good president since the 80's.

- - - Updated - - -

[MG]http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2017/03/16/mcdonalds-twitter_wide-b9eff48f2c655ae3216fa365f70d99b53ca5eefa-s900-c85.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...uickly-deleted
    I suddenly want to go buy McDonalds food now... Like, I'm not even hungry. I just want to support them exclusively for that tweet.

i still find it confusing why americans would want donald trump to fail.

even if you dislike the guy for whatever reasons you have... if donald trump fails so does america...

and fwiw, he's not wrong. he ran a presidential campaign against a candidate who had the entire media, establishment, money supporting her and he won... comfortably. that means he's not a fucking idiot.

another hint he's not an idiot: he's a billionaire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh your so educated. Lets look at the senate and congress floor for the voting of civil rights in the 60's. Oh the republicans voted in favor more than the Democrats. But I thought they switched sides Didactic.
    You're aware that platform transitions of that type do not happen overnight, yes? If you look at the actual voting trends, the Democrats began to lose ground in what was previously known as the Solid South in the early sixties as a result of trends that had been in place since the early part of the century - the nail in the coffin was Nixon, who capitalised on these trends to sever the south from the Democrats largely by appealing to white racism and conservatism.

But I mean, that wouldn't fit the Republican narrative of "Democrats were racist once so it's okay for us to be racist now".

You're aware that platform transitions of that type do not happen overnight, yes? If you look at the actual voting trends, the Democrats began to lose ground in what was previously known as the Solid South in the early sixties as a result of trends that had been in place since the early part of the century - the nail in the coffin was Nixon, who capitalised on these trends to sever the south from the Democrats largely by appealing to white racism and conservatism.
    What? Um, you lost this argument. You can stop typing now. #NEXT

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Um, you lost this argument. You can stop typing now. #NEXT
    So I take it you can't actually dispute anything I'm saying, yes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    The fact that he's made less money with all his business ventures than actually just investing it in low risk stocks demonstrates that it's entirely possible to be both stupid and rich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    So long as you attribute wealth to intelligence and worthiness, you will forever be a victim cheering on your abuser.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Amazing where being a loud white man with an inheritance can get you in this country isn't it.
    Yes, because we didn't just have a black president, and almost a woman president. Only reason Trump won is because he's a rich old white dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Yes, because we didn't just have a black president, and almost a woman president. Only reason Trump won is because he's a rich old white dude.
    Considering his lack of any redeeming qualities whatsoever, I fail to see an alternative.