Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Less than a week to patch. What are you putting your first trait points into on Tues?

I haven't seen any guide, discussions, or talk on the Hunter discord about what to do with our traits when the patch drops.

Is it just common knowledge to go straight for the new gold trait? As a BM Hunter, I'm sorely tempted to upgrade Kill Command and Jaws of Thunder right out the gate. Maybe even Unleash the Beast.

I know that smarter Hunters than I have probably put more serious thought into this but I'm saddened by the lack of discussion on what people are planning to do with their specs.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

You can't get the new 0/50 trait until ALL the others have filled up to 4/4, from looking at Wowhead at least. So, I assume the new 10% damage trait, then the 4/4 on most of the other things that increase damage, then maybe the rest? Sure someone will have simmed it.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    When 7.2 releases, we get refunded our paragon AP and will reset to 35. How many more traits will we be able to purchase right off the bat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitfob View Post
    When 7.2 releases, we get refunded our paragon AP and will reset to 35. How many more traits will we be able to purchase right off the bat?

around 4, close to 5

Deleted
    Well as BM hunter w/o belt i will stright go to fill new traits

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well as BM hunter w/o belt i will stright go to fill new traits
    Not so sure thats a great idea.

As it stands currently, a BM relic with a kill command bonus is worth like 10 ilevels over a non dps trait... to give an idea of what a huge gain they are. I wouldn't be surprised if the kill command traits out dps the new single point traits.

That being said, its really a test to see if they're the best FIRST two traits, they're easily the best after you fill out cobra commander, and you'll get both of them likely in the first two weeks.

Deleted
    But we can get the new ones (cobra commander blackhawk down etc) before we reach 4/4 everywhere else, can't we?

While most here are questioning BM, I want to chime in and say that any MM hunter would be a fool not to instantly go for the new golden trait unless something has been nerfed - the 40% vulnerable buff and buffing windburst to do 3x as much damage is MASSIVE, as in, +20% damage massive on a single target (and a decent AOE buff if playing trick shot as well). Sadly we'll need 7 points to get that - 1 for the 10% trait, 4 for the vulnerable, 1 for the stupid aspect-filler, and then 1 for the golden.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    But we can get the new ones (cobra commander blackhawk down etc) before we reach 4/4 everywhere else, can't we?
    Yes you can. Just can't get concordance of legionfall before the weapon is otherwise maxed out.

For SV it's pretty clear that you want to go for the new traits instantly.
    Sims from current simc build:

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    While most here are questioning BM, I want to chime in and say that any MM hunter would be a fool not to instantly go for the new golden trait unless something has been nerfed - the 40% vulnerable buff and buffing windburst to do 3x as much damage is MASSIVE, as in, +20% damage massive on a single target (and a decent AOE buff if playing trick shot as well). Sadly we'll need 7 points to get that - 1 for the 10% trait, 4 for the vulnerable, 1 for the stupid aspect-filler, and then 1 for the golden.
    Our 54 traits become 39 (75% to 40) in 7.2. We would only need another 3 traits (2.25) to get first golden.

Quote Originally Posted by osa View Post
    Our 54 traits become 39 (75% to 40) in 7.2. We would only need another 3 traits (2.25) to get first golden.
    While true, those 2.25 traits are more than 70M AP. On the flipside, we get AK26 quickly that quadruples AP gain, so 70M will feel like 17.5M. Switching over again, 17.5M is probably about what you'd expect to farm for 55-56-57, so getting the golden trait will still take quite some effort.

What a rollercoaster this was.

If this https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753578378 wont get fixed untill 7.2 launch, then BM hunters are screwed. New golden trait so far doing 0.5-1% as max.
    So far best bet is to get pack leader, jaws of thunder and unleash the beasts. Next i think gonna be 4/4 cobra shot focus reduction, 4/4 in cobra damage, 4/4 beast cleave and next is to get new filler trait and new golden and pray for a fix/tuning.

So for BM, unless there is a fix for Cobra Commander in the next few days (history tells us there won't be), we should prioritize maxing out Jaws, Pack Leader and maybe Unleash before bothering with the new traits (other than the 10% or course)?

If you are doing mostly m+ id go with 4/4 Furious Swipes after: Bond of the Unseen Path -> Jaws -> Pack -> Unleash the Beast -> 4/4 Slithering Serpents.

As MM, definitely going for vulnerability increase as Draco said. MM does need a boost in ST but holy hell is that a powerful trait, even if it was halved (which I expected them to do by now) it would still be extremely strong. Definitely going for the new golden trait thereafter, likely followed by another point in Quickshot.

Yeah I'm going straight for the new golden on MM as most of the traits (except the dodge one...) are pretty nice. Really wish they could have changed Feet of Wind from a useless cheetah buff (in pve, sure it's good in pvp) to a trait that allows us to use abilities during aspect of turtle. Even if was 50% damage it would be nice to use abilities in our "immunity" like a lot of other classes do.

with the new MM gold trait, does it require the target to stay in the trail for the whole time or does it add some kind of dot if they go in then out? Draco mentioned it's 3x as much damage from Windburst, does that require them to stay in it though?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Not so sure thats a great idea.

As it stands currently, a BM relic with a kill command bonus is worth like 10 ilevels over a non dps trait... to give an idea of what a huge gain they are. I wouldn't be surprised if the kill command traits out dps the new single point traits.

That being said, its really a test to see if they're the best FIRST two traits, they're easily the best after you fill out cobra commander, and you'll get both of them likely in the first two weeks.
    The -8 cost on cobra is stronger than legendary belt.

And belt worth 5%+ dps.

KC relic worth 1.2-1.4% dps each. It is very to find out. Just look at your jaw danage % and divide by how many relic level.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    While true, those 2.25 traits are more than 70M AP. On the flipside, we get AK26 quickly that quadruples AP gain, so 70M will feel like 17.5M. Switching over again, 17.5M is probably about what you'd expect to farm for 55-56-57, so getting the golden trait will still take quite some effort.

What a rollercoaster this was.
    It will be very fast if you farm 7-9 or +10 keys. A few days at most.

Edit: Quick math.

We have 65 256 330 AP once 7.2 launches total. first golden requires 137 766 330 AP. So we have to grind 72 510 000 AP to get to the first golden.

Now to make this a bit easier to understand since we are all accustomed to 25 AK, if you divide this by 4, you get 18 127 500 or 18.1m for short.

That is really not a lot to farm. Especially since you can get AK27 by Sunday/Monday(US/EU) and farm with an even increased AK rate before the week is over.
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2017-03-25 at 11:39 AM.

Don't forget, if you do all 4 nighthold difficulties like a lot of people do for legendary chance, that's like 20m out of the 72m already taken care of as well.