Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ariz View Post
    Sargeras' spirit inhabited Argus after WOTA portal destroyed his original body. Blizz has been dropping hints throughout the entire expansion.

-Approaching the Tomb portal as an Alliance during the Broken Shore scenario kills you immediately with the flavor text noting that Sargeras' presence is overwhelming
    - Gul'dan later mentions in the Destro Lock artifact chain that the portal to the other side leads to Argus meaning that Sargeras must be somewhere near Argus if the portal leads to it and he is close enough to kill you with his presence
    - this is further emphasized in the Nighthold. The entire purpose of the ritual was to place Sargeras' spirit into Illidan meaning that the portal had to be for Sargeras' spirit to enter through. Yet if you pause right at the scene with the portal closing in Gul'dan's death scene you only see a broken fel green planet which is undoubtedly Argus, Sargeras' is nowhere to be seen.
    - In the ToS trailer Kil'jaedan angrily emphasizes to Sargeras that he had to sacrifice his world. This could refer to it being fel bathed but could also refer to Sargeras now using it as his personal incubator. Once again, Sargeras is nowhere to be seen in the shot showing Argus which wouldn't make sense given the previous references unless he himself was now Argus.
    - This provides the means by which we kill him. As Illidan's original plan to destroy Argus was to open a plethora of portals and closing them to destroy Argus. This is how we beat Sargeras.

TLDR: Sargeras is Argus and we beat him by closing a portal on his ass
    This actually makes the most sense.

This might tie in a lot to why Illidan is blowing up planets too. Last boss could be a physical manifestation of Sargeras, though to truly get rid of Sarg for good we have to blow up Argus.

I never thought about Sargeras actually being the world-soul of Argus, but it sounds very plausible considering how it's all fel'd up.

I think the final fight is going to end up being Sargeras vs. Azeroth (the newborn titan). The Pantheon speculated that Azeroth would be powerful enough to defeat Sargeras and even the void lords by herself which is why Sargeras is so adamant on destroying her.

That would be fucking amazing though, two planetary sized bodies just beating the shit out of each other while we, the heroes, do something to help. Like we go through the raid, destroying all of the big legion higher ups while those two are just duking it out in space.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

He is in the nether cause he exploded trying to enter azeroth and doesnt have a host now

Last edited by Voidlyn; 2017-03-24 at 02:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Argus is supposed to be Kil'jaeden's seat of power, not Sargeras's, judging from the Illidan novel. Illidan even prepared a portal between the Black Temple and KJ's fortress.

So I don't really want the final battle with Sargeras to be there... but it probably will be.

Personally, I'd rather KJ flee back to Argus at the end of 7.2.

We should fight Sargeras on Nihilam, the Doom World, where he betrayed the Pantheon.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidlyn View Post

He can be gigantic... but planet size ? Bullshit imo.
    This has always been the reason millions of beings have been so quick to bend their knee to the Legion, and why it's viewed as suicide not to. How could you possibly fight something that large? Also, they've been building up to Azeroth-World-Soul-Titan-Savior for a reason.

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow...3885b275a9af07

Straight from the Chronicles book. Full Titan form Sargeras literally cutting a planet in half with one go.

Also his brother, Aman'thul, ripped an Old God out of Azeroth like you and I would rip out a tick.

sargeras comes in his full-fledged planet size ass and azeroth awakes as titan and fights him pacific rim style while we are cheering on his shoulder lol.. that would be epic
    Last edited by Ianus; 2017-03-24 at 04:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    I never thought about Sargeras actually being the world-soul of Argus, but it sounds very plausible considering how it's all fel'd up.
    That is literally 100% impossible. Sargeras is Sargeras, not Argus. He was already a Titan when he found Argus and corrupted the eredar.

Also, the titans are the worlds.

Now, it's possible that Argus had a World Soul of its own, and it's maybe even possible that Sargeras will possess it to regain his physical form. But... if he can just hijack Argus and transform it into a new Titan body, why would he try and possess Illidan's body in Nighthold? Why would he wait this long?

It also seems unlikely that Azeroth will ever become a Titan. Dave Kosak, before leaving the WoW team to work on Hearthstone, basically said that he viewed Azeroth as stillborn and that her power has infused the denizens of the world, effectively making the players the "Final Titan."

I actually think Argus had a Titan Soul and Sargeras destroyed it.

I say this because it has what looks like a massive Sword Slice in it which is Sargeras' way of dealing with Planets.

Also Argus seemingly has massive hole like in the middle of the actual planet where it's molten core would be in reality which looks like it has been destroyed/ripped out.

Probably totally wrong though.

Also it just seems like Sargeras' body was indeed annilihated when the Well of Eternity exploded which the Chronicle didn't state but did happen in the War of the Ancients book.

Explains why he needed Illidans body and explains why he's randomly possessing bits of fel flame.

Or he's just somewhere very far away, crusadin' against tentacle planets.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-03-24 at 05:08 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Also his brother, Aman'thul, ripped an Old God out of Azeroth like you and I would rip out a tick.
    More like pulling up a weed.

He's most likely on Nihilam - a world mentioned as the "Doom World" in Chronicle Volume 1. It's a giant world where Sargeras killed the Pantheon, and most likely his base of operations.

A lot of people assume he's on Argus, but that was simply the first world of mortals that he allowed into the Burning Legion (after freeing the demons of Mardum). Argus was never really his main base of operations, because he was leading the Burning Legion before the Eredar were invited as his strategists.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Here is my theory.

Sargeras must be some-what disabled. Imprisoned somewhere or lost his body.
    Defeating whole Pantheon must come with a cost i think.
    I doubt he is in argus.
    Still... he needs legion.
    Maybe thats why Kil'jaeden grown some balls to talk him like that ?

Also planet sized titans makes me laugh. How we gonna fight him like that ?
    How can you come into a lore thread and talk about Sargeras when you didn't even know he's the size of a planet?

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    He's most likely on Nihilam - a world mentioned as the "Doom World" in Chronicle Volume 1. It's a giant world where Sargeras killed the Pantheon, and most likely his base of operations.

A lot of people assume he's on Argus, but that was simply the first world of mortals that he allowed into the Burning Legion (after freeing the demons of Mardum). Argus was never really his main base of operations, because he was leading the Burning Legion before the Eredar were invited as his strategists.
    It's possible but let's be honest Nihilam holds no where near the lore significance of Argus so it'd be a step down going there after Argus but it is possible.

I feel Sargeras currently being the Titan Soul of Argus also strange as it means the other Titans simply could of done the same and have easily evaded being killed by Sargeras ALTHOUGH maybe Sargeras being basically a Demon gives him this regenerative power but that means we can't really beat him.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-03-24 at 05:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always assumed he was on the march across the stars on his to Azeroth but because the distant his avatar would be used like a remote to open the way for his main body to come directly to Azeroth's perimeter....just a shit theory of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    It's possible but let's be honest Nihilam holds no where near the lore significance of Argus so it'd be a step down going there after Argus but it is possible.

I feel Sargeras currently being the Titan Soul of Argus also strange as it means the other Titans simply could of done the same and have easily evaded being killed by Sargeras ALTHOUGH maybe Sargeras being basically a Demon gives him this regenerative power but that means we can't really beat him.
    Argus is on the border of the Twisting Nether and so any demons that die there die permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I always assumed he was on the march across the stars on his to Azeroth but because the distant his avatar would be used like a remote to open the way for his main body to come directly to Azeroth's perimeter....just a shit theory of mind.
    Seems unlikely giving by the dialogue at the start of the Avatar fight.

Quote Originally Posted by ariz View Post
    - this is further emphasized in the Nighthold. The entire purpose of the ritual was to place Sargeras' spirit into Illidan meaning that the portal had to be for Sargeras' spirit to enter through. Yet if you pause right at the scene with the portal closing in Gul'dan's death scene you only see a broken fel green planet which is undoubtedly Argus, Sargeras' is nowhere to be seen.
    Or it's Nihilam, where Sargeras killed the Pantheon. The planet was scarred by the battle that took place there. Looks like that planet is pretty scarred to me. Sargeras has been using that has his planet since then. During the War of the Ancients, thats where the demonic portals were opening from.

You can tell those are 2 different planets anyways. The one in Gul'dans death has particles surrounding it, where Argus doesn't. It also has a lot more fel scars all over the surface.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Or it's Nihilam, where Sargeras killed the Pantheon. The planet was scarred by the battle that took place there. Looks like that planet is pretty scarred to me. Sargeras has been using that has his planet since then. During the War of the Ancients, thats where the demonic portals were opening from.

You can tell those are 2 different planets anyways. The one in Gul'dans death has particles surrounding it, where Argus doesn't. It also has a lot more fel scars all over the surface.
    The files says its Argus. I wouldn't look into the visual differences when it's likely as simple as they didn't decide on Argus' final appearance when doing the Nighthold portal last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    World Souls inhabit planets, they aren't the actual planets themselves. This is stated in Chronicle and is touched on in another thread about Elune being Azeroth's World Soul.

As such, and given that all Titans were World Souls, Sargeras' "spirit" (assuming his body was destroyed which is why he keeps seeking a host) could have reverted to just that; which means he could in fact be inhabiting Argus to regain strength and even though he's made numerous attempts at being summoned or possessing a host, he may not have considered re-inhabiting a planet as a world soul. Either that or Sargeras doesn't want to completely destroy the planet in its entirety which is why he seeks hosts that can.. you know.. actually fit on the surface of the planet.

To me, that may explain why Argus looks destroyed or at the least is dying because it's being unnaturally possessed by Sargeras' soul and drained of its life energies (aka KJ's reference to "sacrificing" his own world--to his master, so that he may regain his strength and possibly even enhance his power).

He's not sitting by waiting for a summon, he's biding time and I think he's doing so because he's tired of his previous attempts at being summoned/possessing hosts failing.

As a final thought (and in respect to all the "Sargeras wants to do dirty things to Azeroth" theorists): perhaps he is using Argus as an attempt to see what would happen if he were to use a planet as a host instead of one of its inhabitants.

Aka. Why mate with or destroy the assumedly most powerful World Soul the Titans have ever known about, when you could possess it and absorb all of its power for yourself.