Poll: Scale

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

3/23/2017: Hardest final boss thus far?

I think it's fair game to ask at this point.

Hardest end expansion boss so far, with impressions being most respectable at their most challenging settings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Kel'thuzad (Vanilla) due to being at the mercy of gearing up 40 players for it with Vanilla loot tables. (Four Horsemen, too)

Mythic Archimonde in terms of mechanics. This is my real answer.

Deathwing's on the list just for completion-sake, right? That fight was a joke in comparison to others.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Kel'thuzad (Vanilla) due to being at the mercy of gearing up 40 players for it with Vanilla loot tables. (Four Horsemen, too)

> Archimonde

I thought people were always on about how WoD sucked and wasn't challenging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    > Archimonde

I thought people were always on about how WoD sucked and wasn't challenging.
    Sounds like players who never stepped foot into Mythic or only did so after it was on farm status with nerfs. People say it during every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post

KT Vanilla wasn't the issue. The issue was getting to him, past Thaddius (in an Age where moving properly was too much to ask), The Horsemen (where you had to gear 8(!) tanks with T3 3(4?)p and Sapphiron (Where you had to outfit your raid in expensive frost res gear)

Archimonde, hands down.

KT's difficult was almost entirely in logistics.

KJ was a difficult encounter but again was soft gated behind logistics and awful raid gating.

LK was a difficult encounter but its difficulty was somewhat artificially inflated by the nature of limited attempts.

Deathwing was a bit of a joke. Spine was more difficult than DW himself and pre-4.3 Heroic Ragnaros is the hardest encounter in Cata.

Garrosh 10M Heroic was pretty hard (especially pre-nerf) but I feel like the desperate tuning disparity between 10 and 25M resulted in this encounter being less exciting than it could've been.

Archimonde didn't become a joke until after people started getting 795 rings and they soft-nerfed the instance with VP upgrades. Before that it was an extremely difficult encounter that stumped many guilds for a very long time.

Of note, Mythic Guldan's completion rate is about the same as Mythic Archimonde's was, so it would seem these encounters match the difficulty benchmark Blizzard wants for end bosses.

Yes, those basses were/are hard, but what about Hogger?

Archimonde without rings and gear upgrades is probably the hardest encounter of all time.

Ragnaros 25H is up there too.

Kel'Thuzad is looked down upon now but at the time he was the hardest boss in the instance and game. Four Horsemen had the ridiculous tank requirements but it was pretty hard on an organizational level too. Different game entirely though.

The first encounter tuned to today's standard of absurdity (tuned for world first guilds) was Yogg-Saron (Alone in the Darkness). It was out for five months and only 31 (!) guilds killed it before the big nerf.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-03-24 at 06:07 AM.

Deleted
    Archimonde, with all the tools and QoL we got he prevailed and punished every mistake harshly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Ragnaros 25H is up there too.
    lol, guess you just edited that in 'cuz I was about to mention it.

Geyser was such an annoying mechanic.

I haven't done archimonde without the ring and even with it a small mistake was very punishing. Wouldn't have to second think it. Without the upgrades and ring archimonde is definitely the hardest.

Where's C'thun Pre-nerf? I CALL BULLSHIT!

OT: Archimonde.

Must I really ask why? Even his LFR was tough shit...

Deleted
    None.

Ragnaros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Archimonde
    Lich King
    Garrosh
    Kil'jaeden
    Kel'thuzad (This is a different story if we are including getting to him and killing all the previous bosses)
    Madness of Deathwing
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-03-24 at 03:53 PM.

Kel'thuzad was only "challenging" and few people set foot in Naxx because, shocker, logistics. Most people were busy just reaching level 60.

Mythic Archimonde takes the cake, hands down. But he's closely followed by pre-nerf Ragnaros HC, NOT the Lich King.

voted archimonde but vanilla KT was probably worse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Where's C'thun Pre-nerf? I CALL BULLSHIT!
    You must mean C'thun pre-"the encounter actually working properly"

If you guys don't include logistic and how to get to the last boss, due to the limitations on tech past bosses were more simple ability wise how those poll can be considered fair?

considering the above KT was the hardest
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.