Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    For the US posters. Here is a rundown of what this bill allows.

Hijacking searches
    Selling your location and personal information to marketers
    Inserting ads
    Installing apps on your phone that track you
    Undetectable tracking code

Every Digital righnts group in the US is up in arms about this. Including the EFF. This is a serious breach of privacy. You should contact your representives and tell them how you feel about this.

Quote Originally Posted by patriothammer View Post
    implying only Republicans do this lmao
    I admire your ability to generate false equivalences even when faced with reality:
    The vote passed 50 to 48, with most Republicans in favor of the repeal and most Democrats against.
    You numbnuts are the reason this shit happens. You're more interested in being partisan than in finding out who actually stands where on these and other issues. And you get fucked. There would be justice in this, if the rest of us weren't also getting fucked.
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2017-03-24 at 06:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting a VPN is looking pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Getting a VPN is looking pretty good.
    You have to be careful, as some VPN's apparently sell info as well. Which would really defeat the whole purpose of the exercise.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post

Hijacking searches
    Inserting ads

Every Digital righnts group in the US is up in arms about this. Including the EFF. This is a serious breach of privacy. You should contact your representives and tell them how you feel about this.
    This is pretty funny you posting this just below someone with the signature of Person of Interest.
    Well, it would be funny if it wasn't so scary.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone got a link tot he actual bill?
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    That legit does nothing, lul.
    Yes it does, what the hell are you talking about?

Any kind of VPN is going to completely block this. Sucks if you have Gigabit internet like I do, but otherwise it's not a big deal.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

lol @ American Libertarians who voted for Trump. Fucking dummies. You were warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Goddamn it. Why.
    GOP has been operating on behalf of telecoms for a long time now. Why do you think they're so hard up on Net Neutrality?

"Browser history" is fairly incorrect. Your ISP doesn't have your Google search history, only Google does. And even on plain HTTP, GET request filtering and recording for everyone would require too much processing power even for major ISPs to be worth the investment.
    By the way, why aren't mores sites using TLS ? Why isn't this site using TLS ?
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-03-24 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alahard View Post
    Why would any ISP do that?
    exactly what I thought. How was a 5 year member allowed to say something that stupid vvvvvvv

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    But the added revenue will result in lower prices when ISPs start competing with eachother. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by nixx View Post
    "it doesn't matter who you vote for," they said. "they're all the same anyway," they said.
    jill stein 2020

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    lol @ American Libertarians who voted for Trump. Fucking dummies. You were warned.
    As most rank-and-file American Libertarians can be accurately described as "Republicans who like to smoke pot," I sure as shit can't wait to see their response when Attorney General Foghorn Leghorn starts going after legal weed in the eight states that legalized it for recreational use.

Hijacking searches
    Inserting ads

I'm in many ways against this bill, but can you explain the bolded part? What does ISP rights have to do with installing anything on a mobile device? Does the bill extend to cellular providers as well?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Well I mean it does say right there that it requires explicit consent, by which it means they have to directly ask you and get permission. And no, asking through a ToS agreement doesn't count; those things never hold up in court. Ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I'm in many ways against this bill, but can you explain the bolded part? What does ISP rights have to do with installing anything on a mobile device? Does the bill extend to cellular providers as well?
    This bill includes devices that can browse the web. Be it Phone or PC . The platform matters not.

The EFF provides examples.
    https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/0...cy-protections

2. Pre-installing software on your phone and recording every URL you visit.

Quote Originally Posted by patriothammer View Post
    implying only Republicans do this lmao
    Well, Democrats had 8 years to do it, and it happens 60 days into Republican administration ... so it is more like a statement than an implication.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, Democrats had 8 years to do it, and it happens 60 days into Republican administration ... so it is more like a statement than an implication.
    Not in Fox News worlds fair and balanced. If you don't blame democrats, then you are biased. Regardless of the facts... I believe it's what got Trump to seem at all legitimate...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    Well I mean it does say right there that it requires explicit consent, by which it means they have to directly ask you and get permission. And no, asking through a ToS agreement doesn't count; those things never hold up in court. Ever.
    Requiring explicit consent is part of the Obama era rules that the Republicans are trying to remove.

Hijacking searches
    Inserting ads

So everything google and Facebook do now? I agree it's the wrong direction, but until they rule that metadata should be treated like healthcare info, we are fucked. Someone with money should buy the data for all the yes voters, I bet you could find some kinky shit

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    That legit does nothing, lul.
    Apparently you don't know what Tor does or aren't using it properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Installing apps on your phone that track you.
    Really? That's definitely crossing the line if that's true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    This doesn't really have anything to do with Trump.