Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    oh boy you still dont get it that they dont have to do any of it

pls stop replying thanks

But keep on defending Blizzard

We see us next time when they increase the Cost again without any Bullshit Reason
    TIL Knowing basic economics is defending Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsboll View Post
    1.5? yhea that was 10 fucking years ago. past 2 years it peaked at 1.15. and this is due to the dollar getting stronger not euro getting weaker. so why should we have to pay more because the dollar getting stronger. shouldnt it be the other way around?
    The prices of these services haven't really changed since they were introduced " 10 years ago " though. And you have to match the US dollar because Blizzard is first and foremost a US based corporation.

They are just milking as much as possible before the ship sinks

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh.. okay. Not that I'd ever use one of these but them prices are pretty f*** ridiculous for a program merely flipping a database value w/o human interaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain how can it eat so many resources to credit a virtual item ingame to a player so that you have to pay 25€ for it?

Transfers also seem completely automated that take a few seconds to do and doesn't take any server resources to complete. Still 40€?

This is how you kill your game , gratz blizz you keep being amazing !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Can someone explain how can it eat so many resources to credit a virtual item ingame to a player so that you have to pay 25€ for it?

Transfers also seem completely automated that take a few seconds to do and doesn't take any server resources to complete. Still 40€?
    Of course you don't pay just to cover the costs of the particular action. You pay for the fact that (A) it had to be implemented, which likely took a good amount of employees a long time, (B) it has to be maintained, because many of these services need to change whenever major content is released, (C) because a company needs to run a profit, which should come from wherever people are willing to pay for something and (D) because Blizzard doesn't want these things to be done too frequently, as it would mess with a lot of things if such services were free.

You can wish everything was free, but development costs money and most companies exist to make a profit. You don't work for free either, so don't expect others to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Heh.. okay. Not that I'd ever use one of these but them prices are pretty f*** ridiculous for a program merely flipping a database value w/o human interaction.
    By that logic, you'd never pay a fee for, say, transferring / receiving money using Paypal. There are a TON of things in life you get charged for that are 100% automated without human interaction, but you pay for the service anyway. It had to be made, has to be maintained and is likely unique in what it provides. That's why you pay. It's no different with WoW.

If you find the prices ridiculous, then just don't pay. The fact that the prices are this high, indicates that enough people are willing to pay that much. Simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    And still people defend Blizz on this.. its baffling... I love Blizz games as much as the next guy but cmon.. we all can see this is a money grab right? The whole thing is automated and the dev costs have been earned back a 1000 times over by now.. People trying to push "but hey inflation" are grasping at straws trying to defend squeezing every last penny in that hundreds of millions of dollar profit each year.
    Has nothing to do with Blizzard. Merely with the fact that a lot of people here don't understand how running a business works. WoW isn't a static game that has been released X years ago, but a game that is constantly updated. So prices for anything can be expected to remain the same instead of dropping. that is, unless players simply don't want to pay that much anymore. If that were the case, Blizzard would drop to a more profitable, lower price.

By your logic why would you have to pay for ANY online game or service if that game or service had turned a profit already? Businesses need profit. The more a company earns, the more it can do to expand and create new things. You cannot blame the company for sticking to an optimal pricing system. Literally every for-profit company out there does that.

Always curious why they dont have 1 price on their website. Keep it in dollars or whatever and your bank will just do the change automatically.
    Cause a lot of times they put up the same game with the same price, just different currencies.
    59.99 euro
    59.99 pound
    59.99 usd
    etc etc. Which doesnt really make sense. If a company handle their stuff in dollar or whatever, keep it there and people will just pay the "same".

unbelievable. like activi$$ion bli$$ard wasnt greedy enough. i will never support this absurd greed.

unbelievable how unsympathetic Blizzard became over the years. brutal.

and its even more hillarious that and how ppl try to defend this.

what a sad world...
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-03-24 at 09:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Yay, things that are fully automated are rising in prices.
    That its automated and the cost of development has already been made back makes it painfull.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Absolute scumbag move by Blizzard. Increasing the price while doing nothing to address the issue with dead/dying realms.
    it's getting really bad. With EU pve english their is only one server to really go to for having a healthy raid enviremont. English pvp theirs like 4-5

Deleted
    Is the WoW EU population so low they need to price up things to keep the income? So sad...

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Good that I never was really into Blizzard games. This will make it easier to quit when when the guild crisis reaches my realm. I'll sell my account and never touch a Blizzard product again.
    after selling account you only touching your own anus?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard using changing exchange rates to extort European customers, didn't see that coming lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by porfume View Post
    after selling account you only touching your own anus?
    I can do this while playing other games.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xrcizer View Post
    basically everything is getting more expensive

me sad now
    You have to understand, the cost of supplying these digital services has increased and so they have to find some way to increase profit (I know this is nonsense, that's the joke).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    so really, fuck off, it may seem like a huge hike to you but its kinda nice seeing you get to pay just as much as us now for optional things.
    You do realise that you earn on average 25% more than us right? And you have a different economy where things cost different prices as a result.

Blizzard trying to boost their profits by screwing over European customers sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely think prices are too high for this stuff in all currencies, but as the Euro and GBP have become closer in value to the USD due to declining conversion rate, it theoretically makes sense to raise the costs for these items. I still think it's a greedy move, but the logic is there. No one is forcing anyone to buy this stuff, and maybe I don't understand how it works, but isn't there zero point in realm transfers and guild transfers now thanks to cross realm?

This has to be a joke, Blizzard. These are services that are (most of them at least) completely free on other MMOs yet they have the gall to even increase these prices because of what? These are automated digital services. They're literally worthless. This is such a disgusting move that I want to consider whether I still want to support any of their products.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Deleted
    Goodbye WoW-subscription,

total greed move, asking the prices of a full AAA title for basic and fully automated services that cost them a tiny fraction of what they are reeking in as profit.

idk why eu is complaining... NA had to pay this for years.

it's greedy to raise EU instead of lowering NA, but they've had this model for years so they won't just change it like that sadly.

if eu really wants to protest this, then protest the price lowering for NA too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    I'm guessing concepts like inflation and exchange rates aren't things you're familiar with.
    Because surely you have an understanding of those concepts beyond the skin-deep Wikipedia level :P