Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookySkeleton View Post
    After finishing grinding to exalted with the armies of legionfall, I will have to spend almost 3 months playing wait&watch with my class hall table so I can get a lackluster mount to enhance my supreme oh so amazing flying experience. Kill me
    Sooooooooooooo, you're talking about test numbers? And even at so, if it takes 3 months or so for a storyline quests via your class hall, I don't mind.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    What do you mean by not 100% rideable? They're all flying mounts and some of them pretty cool (subjective ofc). Some if not all of them have reused skeletons or animations but they're defo not some 10th boar recolor copypasta. Even the most unoriginal ones (yay warriors another proto drake) have model alterations to show they're something new.

Yeah, you don't "have to" use them in the world where people have 300+ mounts, but contrary to the new 7.2 "challenge" artifact appearance they were never advertised as something rare or exclusive. The recolours for maxing extra artifacts, yea, but the base one was never meant to be a badge of great accomplishment, rather something to compliment your class fantasy along the artifacts, class hall transmog set, etc.
    I mean that the mount may just be collected to have it in her collection and this is already pretty cool, one should not be in a hurry to use/ride it if she doesn't like it.

My class mount (paladin) is a recolor of Invincible. Same gigantic mount, same long legs, I don't feel it, althought the more I look at it at mmo-champion, the more I don't dislike it (did they changed the model last I checked? Maybie.).

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh boohoo, if it wasn't gated you would be in here making a bitch thread about how there's nothing to do any more.

Deleted
    Well, it's World of Gatingcraft nowadays...

So we do need exalted with this new 7.2 rep faction on all characters that wants there class order hall mount?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    You are confusing game play with mission table. Click and wait mission table is not time-consuming thing, it is login daily and click button subscription-time thing and its not MMO element. It involves no game play at all.
    That's not entirely true, especially with the mission table for Legion, which requires order resources which cannot be attained with any of the mission table elements but with going out and playing the game.

Also, WoW is not the only MMO that uses this method. Mission tables are an evolution of long CDs, such as from professions and gathering. It is simply a more utilitarian way to do it. You can say there is no gameplay element, which is debatable, but it does support other gameplay elements within the game, very much so. It just takes the more mundane ones and squeezes them all into one simple, effective way to get all such otherwise mundane gathering and work into a mission table setup. It is an evolution of gameplay, not gameplay itself.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Are you now really gone that wonkers that you silly claim a MOUNT is CONTENT????

- - - Updated - - -

AGAIN: a MOUNT aint CONTENT.
    Is it something new being added to the game for the players to earn? Then it's content. No matter how big or small it is. By your logic then the Manasaber from Nightfallen isn't content despite the long ass quest chain that involves a lot of story for it?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-24 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You are not obliged to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Playing my first toon a rogue since launch of wow. I personally don't need a mount to show my "class resolve" lol
    You know, I just wrote out a fairly long reply of why that above sentence caused me to faceplant my desk so hard that it's snapped in two. For reference my desk is solid oak. But I decided the following image can sum up my reply better than a paragraph of text

Quote Originally Posted by SheepHunter View Post
    You sure you dont like a protodrake with some extra chromosomes?

What where blizzard thinking, a armored normal drake would've been amazing, but the bulky protodrake animations is so fucked and lets not even speak about the face jesus.
    Yea a regular protodrake with cool armor would have been much better i agree.

I have to do things in game to get other things. Blizz, plz fix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Personally I prefer knowing that I will have a certain mount after x amount of time instead of camping a mount spawn like the Timelost (?) drake or running old 5 mans again and again and again on multiple toons like I did for the Stonecore drake, Ashes of A'lar etc etc etc. Or a shitty system like ToGC where the Tribute to Insanity rewarded just ONE mount for up to 25 ppl to fight over and you technically would have to do this shit perfectly 25 times.
    Yes of course. Achieving a goal after a set amount of time is always better than gambling - except in cases where the odds are in your favor (=high odds to win the goal vs. a long time to obtain it). I just hate being gated with their weekly release of breadcrumbs. Why not just say "this questline will occupy you with 10 hours of gameplay" - and you can decide if you binge all of this time right away (for example, on the first weekend after release), or do one step after another day after day, because you only have one hour of game time per day, constantly.

Many of us already have other time constraints, like work hours, daily or weekly chores, friends to meet, other past-times. There is no need for gating. People with a compulsive disorder should not be taken as the default type of player.

I guess because of the people gorging themselves and then either make threads how they burned out (AP) or now have nothing to do. I really don't know though. Even if WoW would offer gated stuff and stuff to gorge yourself on, it probably would only double the complaints.

I found "Insurrection" too disjointed. Do 30 mins, then wait a week, but now on my alts I can just speed through them. No idea if that might be with the mount quest as well. Is a new part released weekly and if you decide to start on if after 12 weeks, you can do it in one go? Or do you get quests that literally take a week to research / complete?
    All insurrection was was the illusion of content. "Let's make a questline that takes players 10 weeks to complete" (I can't remember how long it actually was sorry). In reality the entire quest chain could be completed in 2-3 hours. Blizz has to do something to keep players subbed. This is how they have to do it now cause they can't release content fast enough to satisfy players. Artifact Knowledge is the same thing. Start Research, wait x amount of days to complete research, start next level, wait x amount of days to start next. Realistically if you have 100k + Order hall resources you could get from AK 25-50 in 5 minutes... BUT... TIMEGATE TIMEGATE TIMEGATE. No other way to keep people subbed these days.

That might be, but what can I say? I usually ask people what they had to do so much in other x-pacs. I mean...the "no content" or "timegating" complaint isn't exactly new. If you wanted, you can claim the TBC attunement process was one long ass draged out time gate. Or the hiding of heroic 5 mans behind revered reputation. Or chain running 5 mans for badges.

At the end of the day I am not sure MMOs will ever work differently - or is there one that does it right?

Wether it is the only way to keep people subbed is in my book debateable. What is really so important in the game that you MUST stay? If you don't care for the mounts....or the raids or whatever. Or especially if you think it is unethical how they make the game.

I suppose it is all a bit childish to me because I am in a possition to easily make and afford 13 Euros a month if I wouldn't pay with gold and playing even only 30 minutes at the end of the day after a full day of work is still worth my money.

But that is just me and everybody else must decide what to do. Nobody can help you here
    I'm fine with the content personally. I still stay subbed and i pay my sub with real money. $20 (Canadian) a month to play this game is pocket change and worth it to me. It would just be nice if they could create enough interesting content that they didn't need to time gate stuff but we all know that is impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    I mean that the mount may just be collected to have it in her collection and this is already pretty cool, one should not be in a hurry to use/ride it if she doesn't like it.
    Yeah well that's 2 different things, if someone really really dislikes that mount, then yea, they can skip it or postpone it, but that doesn't mean for everyone the mounts are considered dead weight only for +1 to collection. I thought what you said it sounded as if the mounts had some flaw in themselves so people shouldn't care to get them.

Liking is subjective. For example I really find the monk and mage ones cool, while many people complained on them. But if I get them, I'm sure I'll use them. Thing is getting these mounts on alts is gonna take long time.

In the same manner I don't even understand any more what OP meant. Title states "bootleg mount", since English is not my native language I had to google what's "bootleg" and it seems it means illegal, illicit, etc. Something like a smuggled mount. So no idea, must understand it wrongly, because the word doesn't seem to mean the mount is ugly or lame or broken in some manner.

I don't like all of the class mounts, but at least we have to admit they put more effort into it than some other mounts that are pure recolors, like the MOP timewalking one or the glory of the hero one (recolor of RAF mount, and soon we're getting RNG Farondis Cache drop another of these).

10+ Year Old Account
    To the the knee-jerk "hurr complaining about having 2 work" idiots in the thread.

Eleven Weeks Is Too Long. NOT that there is SOME time gating, the degree is the problem here. 11 weeks, a little over two and a half months purely for a mount. 11 weeks of delays for what is most assuredly not 11 weeks worth of content. If it took 2 or 3 weeks then sure. But 11 is several kinds of retarded considering what the reward is and how utterly shit it is for a whole lot of people. I can think of perhaps two classes that might consider the mount a must-have (hunter, shaman) and one of those is clearly a low-effort rehash (hunter wolf-wyvern)
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I have to do things in game to get other things. Blizz, plz fix.
    What Blizzard should do is have something like a player logs in and sees 3 options..

Option One: If you want everything handed to you on a silver platter then select this option.

Option Two: If on the other hand you actually want to play the game then select this option.

Option Three: Select this option go on we dare you.

If the player selects this option three they hear an evil laugh, as this option cancels their sub, deletes all their toons and uninstalls the game from their computer..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-03-25 at 12:34 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like alot of the posters on this forum started playing in WOD, with the amount of whining, bitching, moaning and crying they do.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Your jealousy is very tasty. Keep up your cliche "snowflake" crap for those who are better than you and more original than you.

And don't forget to do all your quests like a good boy and then pretend you have shown resolve to your class. I have seen mcdonalds burgers with more originality than you. God forbid someone may call you "snowflake" if you take pride in your achievements. Lol.

P.S. I doubt your desk was solid oak you are still here posting. IKEA has fooled you (again).
    Jealousy, that's a new one

You're adorable, still a snowflake, but all so adorable.

In all seriousness, you think you're entitled to that mount because you've been playing it since Vin, you are literally the definition of a snowflake, thinking you're self entitled to something because of who you are and thinking it the game should (or should I say does?) revolve around you.

You're right I'll go play my Warlock, do the quests and be happy with my mount. I'll probably enjoy it too. My Warlock from Vin btw, the one I've sunk more hours in than I care to admit to, the one who I've raided on across the years, got my FoS's, my titles, from herald of the titans to of the black harvest, Legendaries, CM gear.

You might sit here, reply, try to be all superior and smug, but at the end of the day, the only difference between you and me is I don't think I deserve anything different than any other person playing my class purely based on time invested. You might think you're better than me, that's fine I really don't give a flying fuck, as far as I'm concerned I'm not better than you and I'm not better than Joy Blogs over there who started 5 minutes ago on his very first Warlock.

I could keep going on, but I've essentially proved my point. While I'm dying to see what you reply with, don't get overly excited about a reply from me. Purely, because I'm pretty sure what ever you type back, I'm positive I'll just be repeating myself

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    To the the knee-jerk "hurr complaining about having 2 work" idiots in the thread.

Eleven Weeks Is Too Long. NOT that there is SOME time gating, the degree is the problem here. 11 weeks, a little over two and a half months purely for a mount. 11 weeks of delays for what is most assuredly not 11 weeks worth of content. If it took 2 or 3 weeks then sure. But 11 is several kinds of retarded considering what the reward is and how utterly shit it is for a whole lot of people. I can think of perhaps two classes that might consider the mount a must-have (hunter, shaman) and one of those is clearly a low-effort rehash (hunter wolf-wyvern)
    That river you're crying - can people fish in it, or paddle a canoe in it? Should be useful for something, shouldn't it?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Always wondered this myself.

WoD- "WAAAAH NO CONTENT"
    Legion- "WAAAH FASTER AND OPTIONAL CONTENT"

I just don't get it.
    Sometimes I like you, sometimes I don´t. I can´t figure you out. Today it´s the former.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.