Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    There should be no issue with that. Some people are greatly content with their traditional gender roles.

Taking a stance against this just comes across as if society is trying to force every woman to be a manwife who should be averse to doing household stuff or making themselves look pretty etc.

It's optional, nobody is forcing anyone to participate.
    I would guess MOST people are.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

i dont see anything fundamentally wrong with an etiquette/style course but... it seems oddly specific? For a certain stereotype. but this is all stuff their parent should be teaching them, which doesnt always happen. so i could see the purpose they were going for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    So you think it's important for girls, in schools to learn about:
    - doing your nails
    - hairstyles
    - makeup and how to look preety?
    Is this what women should learn about in a school? That being preety is more important than being smart?
    1) its an *GASP* OPTIONAL course, aka not required, aka elective (should we ban all home economics courses that teach students how to cook and clean and sew? lol)

2) if girls are interested in a class that teaches them how to transition from adolescence to adulthood, why is this such a bad thing?

Also, not everything in life has to revolved around being book smart. Some women go on to become exceptional hair stylists, or beauty salon owners. Having that skill is very important in society today. Do you know how much money is being spent on beauty and cosmetics these days? Little hint for ya, its in the billions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    There's no comparison between the two. You have issues if you think educating young men on what constitutes rape is "stupid shit".

There's no comparison at all between educating young people to avoid them perpetrating a heinous crime due to vast ignorance vs etiquette classes which everyone should actually pick up. It reveals more about you that you word force such a relation.
    It is stupid. People who know it's wrong and illegal don't need a patronising class to understand it and people who don't give a shit if it's illegal sure as fuck won't give 2 shits if someone at a class tells them, they're gonna rape anyway.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Rofl at all the antiquated gender talk in this thread.

Etiquette is something more people should learn, the backlash over this is stupid.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    It is stupid. People who know it's wrong and illegal don't need a patronising class to understand it and people who don't give a shit if it's illegal sure as fuck won't give 2 shits if someone at a class tells them, they're gonna rape anyway.
    The classes were initially made due to the realization that a lot of male students did not infact know the subtleties of what constituted consent and what did not as per proper social cues.

The problem is that more than a few other schools and colleges saw these initial well designed classes and said "Hey lets make our own" and created a shallow facsimile more meant to make themselves look good rather than achieve its intended purpose. these one's just ended up being patronizing as they weren't as thoughtfully created.

I myself see no issue with the class if its not throwing or enforcing enlightenment to "antiquated roles" but rather teaching etiquette people should know and then leaving them to do what they will with what they have learned. So many people act like new generations are just going to know these practical things through some sort of magical social osmosis but just like with previous generations, they have to be thought.

So many parents don't bother doing it, so if some schools/colleges provide the option do so, then sure thing.

My own parents thought me and my siblings all of this stuff, its more than just "doing stuff fancy", its practical and polite.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-03-24 at 07:56 AM.

There's no comparison between the two. You have issues if you think educating young men on what constitutes rape is "stupid shit".

There's no comparison at all between educating young people to avoid them perpetrating a heinous crime due to vast ignorance vs etiquette classes which everyone should actually pick up. It reveals more about you that you word force such a relation.
    Mandatory consent class absolutely are stupid shit. It's common fucking sense on is this rape or not.

Seriously those classes assume all guys are guilty or stupid, it's messed up. It's very simple to know what is rape vs what isn't.

Why only males, though?

- - - Updated - - -

The classes were initially made due to the realization that a lot of male students did not infact know the subtleties of what constituted consent and what did not as per proper social cues.
    And the female ones all did?

Deleted
    More gender equality nonsense. Newsflash: genders are NOT equal. Its basic biology.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    So was this mandatory or optional?
    Looks like it was optional, but cosmetology and identifying subjective self worth is wrong-think and action was needed.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2017-03-24 at 11:22 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I don't understand what is wrong here? "Stereotyping girls"??? WTF is the outrage over this? It is just basic stuff for normal people to learn. If a gay or trans person is SOOO outraged over it they can just NOT GO.
    Well, snowflakes gonna snowflake.

wait a second. the criticism here is that an etiquette class involving nail care and recipes aimed at high school girls must necessarily be reflective of the 1950s?

do people think all women in the 1950s were miserable, particularly due to taking care of their nails or having "polite conversations"?

i only read the OP and it's presented as "providing education in etiquette to girls is sexist to girls." now i don't personally believe high school classes have ANY impact on a childs life, it's mostly the other students and whatever they do outside of school that will determine their entire career and lifestyle. but the mentality behind this criticism sounds a lot like something that would humiliate, undermine, and attack women who are into these more dainty/cosmetic things in the name of social justice. unless the criticism is more about how boys aren't allowed in the class, this is the moral equivalent of those who used to say rock music was the devil.

There's no problem with this being an optional course for young women who are interested. Just another round of shouting from feminists and the virtue signaling betas that want to fuck them (but can't).
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Teaching people how to cook and being polite, that is were we draw the line in the sand.

Why all the outrage over this, its optional. They are not forced to take it...

I always wonder when will the feminazis start protesting the fact that we separate men from women in sports.
    In the end we're all equal aren't we?

But even in chess we have a special "woman only" rating, and then the general one, that is for both men and women (and if I am not mistaken there is only 1 woman in top 100).

Hilarious

Anyone comparing it to 50's, should actually read the guides for women from the 50's.

I'll give a short summary:

Be faithful servant to your husband
    Always make yourself look good for your husband
    Serve your husband while taking care of the kids and the house, do not inconvenience him about any of it
    Put his needs before your own, always, and be sure to serve him
    Do not complain, but serve your husband without him having to ask for anything
    Be sure to wake up before him, to have breakfast all ready and served when he wakes up
    Serve your husband without questioning.

Sounds repetitive? That's because so are the books and tips from that time period. Most of the tips are about how you are supposed to serve, and disregard any of your own needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Anyone comparing it to 50's, should actually read the guides for women from the 50's.

I'll give a short summary:

Be faithful servant to your husband
    Always make yourself look good for your husband
    Serve your husband while taking care of the kids and the house, do not inconvenience him about any of it
    Put his needs before your own, always, and be sure to serve him
    Do not complain, but serve your husband without him having to ask for anything
    Be sure to wake up before him, to have breakfast all ready and served when he wakes up
    Serve your husband without questioning.

Sounds repetitive? That's because so are the books and tips from that time period. Most of the tips are about how you are supposed to serve, and disregard any of your own needs.
    And your point is?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    And your point is?
    That them comparing the course to 1950's is ridiculous. I thought my first line made it obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    That them comparing the course to 1950's is ridiculous. I thought my first line made it obvious
    I was going to start looking for a Finnish wife.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland