Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    thanks so much for this, it's really a good deal on quite a few of these
    did you get anything? some good shows but nothing I really want

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    did you get anything? some good shows but nothing I really want
    nothing yet, since it's a weekend sale I have a bit of time to browse, but I plan on getting a few with that low of a price

looking at bodacious space pirates, and yet the city moves, sasami-san@ganbaranai & K-on S1
    Last edited by Suicidal Panda; 2017-03-24 at 11:45 AM.
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Sakuya Amano's Konohana Kitan Manga Gets Anime

The manga's story is set in Kokohana-tei, a hot spring hotel located in an inn town between our world and the other world, where many people go to visit. The story portrays the lives of fox spirits, who take the form of girls and work at the hotel.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-anime/.113856

Original TV Anime 'Princess Principal' Announced for Summer 2017

The stage is set during the 19th century London, in its capital where a wall divides the east and west of the Kingdom of Albion. Five high school girls, who enrolled in the prestigious Queens May Fair School, are involved in spy activities that involve disguise, infiltration, car chase, and more. These girls take advantage of their special abilities and fly around the shadow world.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1601512

Original Anime 'The Reflection Wave One' Announced for Summer 2017
    Original: Stan Lee (Heroman original story), Hiroshi Nagahama (Mushishi director)

Many people has lost their lives when the sky was covered with smoke contains dark and evil darkness and light to erase it. This incident is called Reflection incident. The rare people who were lucky to be alive are those with super power called “Reflected”. Among them, some are heroes, others are villains. Why did Reflection happened? What’s the purpose? The new story between the new heroes and villains starts now with holding this big mystery.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1601551
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2017-03-24 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Konosuba.
    [CENTER]

What do you guys think about the Hellsing anime? At first, I thought that a show where the main character is invincible would not have much appeal, but the first six episodes or so were among some of the most captivating anime that I've watched recently. The violence, the character development, the pacing... everything felt just right. Hellsing himself is not overplayed, and his vulnerability is expressed through Integra, so the premise never goes stale.

Then the show had to improvise due to the manga not being finished and went through a significant drop in quality with the Incognito arc, but still scores pretty high on my list of favorite anime.

Hellsing Ultimate on the other hand... ugh. Two episodes in and I really dislike what they did with Seras - they turned her into fan service with no real soul of her own. The focus of the story is more on the rivalry between Alucard and Anderson than anything else, which would be fine if it didn't leave all the other characters weaker and underdeveloped. Truth be told, I might not even finish Ultimate.

Anywho, here is my offering to the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. I've been watching Hellsing Ultimate Abridged so I was actually thinking about checking out the Hellsing series (in particular, Ultimate due to watching this). I would love to hear others' thoughts as well.

Fuuka: You were supposed to be the chosen one
    5/10

Hellsing Ultimate is a great unabashed slaughterfest.
    Original Hellsing anime I enjoyed when it first came out. Was quite a bit different than other shows. Looking back on it I'd say it's pretty average

Heya, after watching Mononoke, Shiki, Casshern Sins and Shinsekai Yori I feel like I've seen too much depressing stuff lately, so I'd kinda like to watch something that would make me laugh for a change. What would you recommend either from my PTW list or even something not listed, as it is more of a hotchpotch than an actual list?
    Pretty much the only genre I outright don't enjoy is mecha, so if there's another Gurren Lagann-ish show, I don't think I'd enjoy it either. Also, I believe I have yet to see any "cute girls doing cute things" show, so it might go either way. But one has to try someday, right? ... right?

Here's (my) MAL for refference (please excuse the shit taste). :)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    Heya, after watching Mononoke, Shiki, Casshern Sins and Shinsekai Yori I feel like I've seen too much depressing stuff lately, so I'd kinda like to watch something that would make me laugh for a change. What would you recommend either from my PTW list or even something not listed, as it is more of a hotchpotch than an actual list?
    Pretty much the only genre I outright don't enjoy is mecha, so if there's another Gurren Lagann-ish show, I don't think I'd enjoy it either. Also, I believe I have yet to see any "cute girls doing cute things" show, so it might go either way. But one has to try someday, right? ... right?

Here's (my) MAL for refference (please excuse the shit taste).
    Non Non Biyori if you want comfy slice of life comedy.

From your list:

Arakawa is a fun slapstick comedy.

Tanaka-kun for super comfy slice of life.

Also, I believe I have yet to see any "cute girls doing cute things" show, so it might go either way. But one has to try someday, right? ... right?
    Don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Don't do it.
    Cute girls doing cute things is the pinnacle of anime and you know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't do it.
    If you're going to stay here put this guy and Epuration on ignore.

Your life will be better for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Just more proof of his heathen ways.

throwing in a couple of suggestions for comfy comedy:
    K-on (more or less must watch cute girls doing cute things show)
    Gekkan shoujo nozaki kun
    Girls und Panzer (cute girls doing cute stuff. With Tanks. Not necessarily the most hillarious show out there but it has its charm by going over the top. And it's cute af)

I also second the shows that Goriq, Unified and Zath recommended

Why are you all so mean to me

Also, I believe I have yet to see any "cute girls doing cute things" show, so it might go either way. But one has to try someday, right? ... right?

K-On!

10char

we're all mean bullies.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because you're secretly Satania. Made for bullying.

So I finished the novel Naoko. I'd rate it a fairly solid 8/10.

It's the story of Heisuke, and how his wife and daughter were in a tragic bus accident. The wife died, but the daughter survived though she remained in a coma. When the daughter wakes up, his wife, Naoko, was alive inside the daughter's body. From there, it follows the struggles of how Heisuke and Naoko were supposed to live as husband and wife while she lived inside their daughter's body.

This book gets a little uncomfortable to read at times, almost reminiscent of Boku wa Mari no Naka. The ending... I'm a little conflicted about. I think it was a good ending and it was almost predictable up until the end actually happened. I feel satisfied with everything, even though it felt a little disjointed with a couple of the time skips. The last few chapters felt a little rushed, and at the same time some parts felt stretched.

I'd recommend this novel to anybody that enjoys stuff that makes them feel like shit at times. I think Boku wa Mari fans would enjoy this.