Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Forgotten?

The 3 specs have never been better overall.

We have the biggest and most expansive Class Hall.

We have the best mobility of any class so fuck slow fall. If you want slow fall so bad, take engineering or.....you know...buy parachutes.

The only way we are getting screwed is in our class mount. But that's it.
    Brewmaster in Throne, Siege, BRF, and HFC have all been much better than now.

I don't really follow windwalker.

Mistweaver hasn't been worse than now. One of the most unsatisfying things you can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbenchpress View Post
    This is incorrect. The Pandaren racial partially negates full damage, and all Monks should be Panda.
    Are you implying Pandaren are fall damage death immune?

Otherwise it's been brought up several times, and isn't nearly enough. It's lethal falls that's an issue.

Forgotten?

Mistweaver says hi

I love how monk order hall is almost a complete copy-paste of the pandaren starting zone. Heck, even if you go to the place where newly created pandaren appear and start smashing training bags NPC will comment how much potential you have.

I can't think of a better example in Legion where quantinty != quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Not to mention ww is the worst dps in the game
    incorrect , NH has a lot of cleave/aoe fights where WW really shines , its just our ST damage is not that good yet not so bad

Yeah, no idea what monk class you are playing.

It's not the one I am.

And returning to the Wandering Isle was awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    *sigh* if it still works, just FSK before hitting the ground and do the butt slam thing. As the guild monk, I used to arrive to every raid like that... and dude I would start up as high as I could go.

And, IF it still works I get to call you a noob. If it doesn't.. I really give 0.0 fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    To be fair, what else were they supposed to give us, if not traditional Pandaren scenery? At least we have the really cool looking main building in the middle - the statue is awesome. I also love the little things, like the NPC that comes out at night to light the lanterns, and Lorewalker Ruolin singing the Song Of Liu Lang in the Inn. It's a really pretty song

If I was to have a choice in design, I would given us big temple that incorporated all the look of celestial temples in different areas, to include the celestials themselves.
    I wanted Peak of Serenity as class hall, but we all know how that went. Turtle is cool tho

Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    I wanted Peak of Serenity as class hall, but we all know how that went. Turtle is cool tho
    Only problem with the wondering isle is that it is the PANDAREN zone, not the MONK zone. Blizz has a really, really, bad habbit of blending the two things together. Preach's legacy of the monk video really brought this home, but Blizz really needs to differentiate the two.

Forgotten?

We have the biggest and most expansive Class Hall.

We have the best mobility of any class so fuck slow fall. If you want slow fall so bad, take engineering or.....you know...buy parachutes.

You sir are out of your mind. Please look at any respectable raiding guilds parses for pve proof, or any top pvp rankings for pvp that prooves you are just arguing to argue. Monks are non existent.

Mobility is good sure, but not the best (DH is)

Who cares about slow fall.

I don't even main a monk and I feel bad for the class. They are definitely the class getting the lease amount of attention right now.
    Last edited by Ehwall; 2017-03-23 at 06:00 PM.

Deleted
    Biggest and most expansive class hall lol ? its just the starting zone all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Have to agree, I'm not a monk but damn you guys looks like you're in a good spot. Our monkhealer does well in raids, our monk dps does crazy dmg. Only thing I haven't seen in action a lot is the tank, but I assume that's a pretty decent one as well.

Grats on a good expansion all over for you monks!
    its all relative. better than ever? aka we're the worst single target in game. MW monk good? worst healer in game atm as well. Theyre up in arms and blizzard is buffing them in 7.2. The only thing in a remotely "OK" spot is brewmaster and theyre not the best tank either but theyre good.

course this is all things being equal at the top end.

Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post
    its all relative. better than ever? aka we're the worst single target in game. MW monk good? worst healer in game atm as well. Theyre up in arms and blizzard is buffing them in 7.2. The only thing in a remotely "OK" spot is brewmaster and theyre not the best tank either but theyre good.

course this is all things being equal at the top end.
    Brewmaster is right behind Paladin as tanks, Paladin/Brew is the best tank combo for raiding in general. Though some would say its Palading > Guardian=Brew > Warrior > Blood

Brewmaster is more than alright.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Brewmaster is right behind Paladin as tanks, Paladin/Brew is the best tank combo for raiding in general. Though some would say its Palading > Guardian=Brew > Warrior > Blood

Brewmaster is more than alright.
    Seriously, all the top guilds rate Monk as second best tank just after Druid. I don't know where your overvalue for Paladins comes from, but they're definitely not on the same level as Druid / Monk who have 100% coverage on their mitigation. Think is, while Brewmaster is the best of the 3 monk specs atm, it's still nowhere near close to the times of OP humongous guards and endless purify from MOP and WOD.

Mistweaver will never be as strong as they were during MOP jab-jab-uplift and super strong Revival that got nerfed bazillion times.

Nah, that's actually one of the coolest things I've seen for monks. My top among the 12 class mounts. No idea why people hate on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbenchpress View Post
    all Monks should be Panda.
    What next, all DKs should be human / forsaken?

Racial as a "solution" is laughable, it's like saying it's fine Warlocks don't have interrupt because you can roll a Blood Elf Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Seriously, all the top guilds rate Monk as second best tank just after Druid. I don't know where your overvalue for Paladins comes from, but they're definitely not on the same level as Druid / Monk who have 100% coverage on their mitigation. Think is, while Brewmaster is the best of the 3 monk specs atm, it's still nowhere near close to the times of OP humongous guards and endless purify from MOP and WOD.
    WoD Brewmaster were honestly pretty garbage but with insane Guards that made them ignore tank gib mechanics. They were strong but not in a healthy way.

Legion Brewmasters are currently the best they have ever been in terms of a strong and healthy class. Both in play style, at all levels of gameplay and in difficulty of play (if you choose the harder talents).
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehwall View Post
    You sir are out of your mind. Please look at any respectable raiding guilds parses for pve proof, or any top pvp rankings for pvp that prooves you are just arguing to argue. Monks are non existent.

Mobility is good sure, but not the best (DH is)

Who cares about slow fall.

I don't even main a monk and I feel bad for the class. They are definitely the class getting the lease amount of attention right now.
    wat

I think you should check out arenamate.cc and see how "non existent" those poor monks are, both in 3s and RBGs

I'd like slowfall for my warlock though Well, I don't play it anymore, but when I was out worldquesting, I'd just soulstone myself and jump to my inevitable death. How do DKs deal with letal fall damage? Hunters? Shamans?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

The thing is brewmasters are the best (second best) class for raid progression, but absolute worst for farmed/lower stuff. Guess where are more people in WoW? Yes, doing low to middle ground encounters.

Leveling and gearing my monk was one of the worst experiences of all my tank alts and I have several 900-915ilvl ones including warrior and druid.

Also, slowfall problems top kek eks dee. Just buy a parachute, glader or just use Aviana's wing (or whatever that quest toy is called). It's such a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    WoD Brewmaster were honestly pretty garbage but with insane Guards that made them ignore tank gib mechanics. They were strong but not in a healthy way.

Legion Brewmasters are currently the best they have ever been in terms of a strong and healthy class. Both in play style, at all levels of gameplay and in difficulty of play (if you choose the harder talents).
    You seem to be mistaken. Blackrock Foundry brewmaster is tied for the best it's ever been (with Throne of Thunder). Having unlimited Shuffle, unlimited purifies, Guards when things got bad, and having every physical aoe staggerable was as close to the divine as we've ever been, tankwise.

Throne of Thunder brewmaster was a competitive dps, a competitive healer, able to solo tank two-tank fights by simply ignoring the tank mechanics.

The current incarnation of brewmaster is decent, but missing any utility. Having only one ranged pickup ability with a 6-7s cd, travel time, and wonky impact detection is pretty awful. The playstyle is ass. 100% uptime on active mitigation that they swore-to-metzen was not possible and would never allow it to be possible, yet here we are and here it stays.

I'm curious though; what makes you think it's better than it's ever been? I've played it pretty strictly since its release and I'm not even close to your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    You seem to be mistaken. Blackrock Foundry brewmaster is tied for the best it's ever been (with Throne of Thunder). Having unlimited Shuffle, unlimited purifies, Guards when things got bad, and having every physical aoe staggerable was as close to the divine as we've ever been, tankwise.

Throne of Thunder brewmaster was a competitive dps, a competitive healer, able to solo tank two-tank fights by simply ignoring the tank mechanics.

The current incarnation of brewmaster is decent, but missing any utility. Having only one ranged pickup ability with a 6-7s cd, travel time, and wonky impact detection is pretty awful. The playstyle is ass. 100% uptime on active mitigation that they swore-to-metzen was not possible and would never allow it to be possible, yet here we are and here it stays.

I'm curious though; what makes you think it's better than it's ever been? I've played it pretty strictly since its release and I'm not even close to your opinion.
    I think you seem to mistakenly assume WoD Brewmaster was not strong, it seems you ignored the content of my post and made an entirely gut reaction to it. It's like when people say Jab Jab Uplift was the best time for Mistweavers.

There's a difference between strong and broken. And Brewmasters were awful in WoD from their playstyle to their mechanics, but were carried by very OP mechanics, without those mechanics Brewmasters were a garbage, garbage tank, both as a tank and as a class to play.

Brewmasters in Legion are the best the class has ever been across the board, over every iteration of the spec. No one who isn't a FOTM reroller wants a class that plays completely like ass, is a terrible class but is brought for one ability. Which is why WoD is one of the worst periods of Brewmaster's life.

Every tank is garbage without his mechanics...

BRF BrM was maybe the strongest tank in a content in the whole 12 years of WoW... (ok, let's exclude Vanilla because there was only 1 real tank spec).
    Also I liked the playstyle in HFC very much and it was really strong with great control. Imo the strongest tank there as well, though I guess there are others that will disagree.