Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Moving to Argus as a druid or shaman does not make sense

Ok we will move to Argus for patch 7.3 in order to fight at the base of The Legion. But considering Argus is a plain, almost dead, corrupted terrain, how does blizz expect a druid or shaman to function there? A resto druid uses the power of "Nature", if Elune is not going with druids, there will be no power source for them to use. We don't know who or what Elune is but it is clear that she has to watch over Azeroth. She can not leave Azeroth alone for the journey of mortals. Also shammies need elemental spirits and nature to use their abilities. We saw how trall fucked up in wod when he was not familiar with the elements of that universe. In Argus there wont be any elemental spirits for help. Even there is they will be fel corrupted.

I dont believe elemental lords will go to Argus to help shammies cause they are bound to Azeroth, they dont care what happens on other galaxies as long as Azeroth and their elemental plains are stable. If there was such an option they would already help during TBC and WOD events.

Light and arcane are all around the universe so u can use them wherever u want but nature and elemental based classes do not match that "lets go to argus" scenario.

Just my opinion, what u guys think?

Deleted
    What else do you have your order for?
    Or what are you collecting all that power with your weapon for?

If not to help you figure out how to use their powers in unfamiliar environmens?

Moving to Argus as a rogue also doesn't make any sense. What are we going to do? Stab demons to death with our tiny daggers?

We can gather more power and increase our potency with the support of our order. But this is like going to Jupiter with no gasoline. Just because u have a ferrari, it wont work in Jupiter without gasoline. Mortals dont have powers, we are gifted by other super beings to mimic their abilities. Without their powers are with us, we are useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Moving to Argus as a rogue also doesn't make any sense. What are we going to do? Stab demons to death with our tiny daggers?
    Daggers can be enhanced such as cata legendary daggers. Also rogues are not warriors, ur usefullness come from posions, crowd controls and stealth kinda abilities. Rogues also have combat spec option to use more deadly weapons. My point was more about caster classes using nature and elemental powers.

To be fair, we are only getting just 7.2, we don't know to what extent the ending or aftermath implied will be for 7.3. It has been coined for Argus but not really stated as to what the adventure will entail or who is coming either. I can understand the confusion and the things that scratch heads but I'm sure they have it planned because if we're taking Exodar as Velen "wants to go home", then well that's not a small ship and lots of room for things.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    To be fair, we are only getting just 7.2, we don't know to what extent the ending or aftermath implied will be for 7.3. It has been coined for Argus but not really stated as to what the adventure will entail or who is coming either. I can understand the confusion and the things that scratch heads but I'm sure they have it planned because if we're taking Exodar as Velen "wants to go home", then well that's not a small ship and lots of room for things.
    I totally agree things can change till 7.3 but blizz gave me perception that they mostly lose basic logics while creating new lore. Like that time travel story came out of nowhere cause they were too excited to bring Gul'dan back in story.

Deleted
    Life and Nature are universal, it can be reached even in places like Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post
    I totally agree things can change till 7.3 but blizz gave me perception that they mostly lose basic logics while creating new lore. Like that time travel story came out of nowhere cause they were too excited to bring Gul'dan back in story.
    Oh yeah, the whole time travel was just an excuse to bring back Gul'dan to the extent and storyline he should have had and be a pivot to allow the Legion expansion to fruit because bringing them back without someone like Gul'dan in the mix wouldn't be as awesome because he's a total Legion lover and making a new character would blow as well because they have virtually zero lore to make them awesome.

Still, I find this all too fishy. The cinematic to me was really out of place, to me I reckon Sargeras is playing Kil'jaeden. Archimonde was a little more loyal but he most likelt can Kil'jaeden is straying. Maybe Sargeras is using him as a pawn and we get to see the truer intentions in 7.3.

Deleted
    Druids can work on Foeight plants, They are able to channel nature, but they have a lot of power themself. While Shamans Would be close to pointless for the first While, since lore wise shamans Have to Channel all their poweres through the elements..

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Life and Nature are universal, it can be reached even in places like Argus.
    This makes sence but we have 4 type of energy in wow universe light vs void and arcane vs fel. Life and death thing occur locally in planets.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Druids can work on Foeight plants, They are able to channel nature, but they have a lot of power themself.
    Druids have no power themselves, everything they do is tied to nature or the emerald dream. All they do is channel it, just like pretty much any other user of any school of magic. And considering the state Argus is in Druids and shamans should be significantly weaker, not entirely powerless though.

Deleted
    This makes sence but we have 4 type of energy in wow universe light vs void and arcane vs fel. Life and death thing occur locally in planets.
    Life is also an universal energy, commonly known as nature magic.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Life

don't try to overthink this boyz, bli$$ard will come up with a solution for all your nerd questions.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    don't try to overthink this boyz, bli$$ard will come up with a solution for all your nerd questions.
    Yeah it is called Gameplay.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Bring a crate of rocks and a satchel of seeds
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Yeah it is called Gameplay.
    I was more excited about the fact that blizz can bring a scenario or quest chain for all classes regarding how to use their abilities in Argus. Even in a way more complex and mobile. Like elune binds a portion of her soul to playable char druid so she could be partially summoned to help with an ability. Elemental lords can bind their powers into something like dragon soul for player char shaman to embody dead elemental spirits in Argus.

Monks will be good though, as our powers directly come from our inner spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Monks will be good though, as our powers directly come from our inner spirit.
    U can just take ur 4 celestials anywhere u go

10+ Year Old Account
    If our powers function in Outland outside Nagrand and Zangarmarsh, where the land is largely lifeless and inundated with fel corruption or saturated with arcane magic, they should function just fine on Argus.

Failing that, going by the whole artifact tree thing, assuming that has a level of lore relevance, the Doomhammer, Scythe of Elune, and the other shaman/druid artifacts are up to if not more than thirty-five times stronger than they were before we picked 'em up. Any loss in raw power on our end from having to channel our power through whatever portal we take to get there would be offset by our weapons' stored power.

- - - Updated - - -

U can just take ur 4 celestials anywhere u go ������
    Monks' powers come from their inner spirits, as Ate mentioned. They use their chi to power their strikes and tap into their allies' chi to heal them; chi just tends to look like green mist when it's used in large amounts. The Celestials don't grant monks their power, but monks can carry effigies they infuse with chi that exhibit aspects of the Celestial in question (or, in the case of Xuen's effigy, can fight with some of his power).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Just images what mages have to say - we could just teleport Argus to us, going there is an awful waste of time.