Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So Mythic+ in 7.2....

Cant find any info on if loot ilvl drop changes in m+
    Normal Mythic dungeons drop 865, so that means u get 870 starting at lvl 2?

Also did anyone do M+ on PTR? How did it feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Cant find any info on if loot ilvl drop changes in m+
    Normal Mythic dungeons drop 865, so that means u get 870 starting at lvl 2?

Also did anyone do M+ on PTR? How did it feel?
    pretty sure +10 is the 7.2 equivilent of a +15, and the chest will still only top out at 900 until ToS drops. not sure what will drop what inbetween though.

So, doing a +15 seems kind of pointless in 7.2 then?

+2 gives 870+. I guess that means a +3 gives 875 and so on. If thats the case, then a +8 will give 900.
    They really need to give us some info on this.

Doing +15 for gear will not be required in 7.2, however +15 will also be significantly harder, since they increased the base difficulty. +10 will likely be similar to what +15 was. You can still get higher AP from running higher keys, however

The items never increased 5 per level, it used to be 5 every second level. Assuming +10 drops 885 however that doesn't exactly fit either.
    In any case, it'll be easy enough to figure out once the first people run any on live - or someone did run some on the PTR to report.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    Well, you can still get the artifact skin from doing it.

+10 is going to be the same difficulty as a +15 now-a-days. So doing a +15 will be like a +20 or so

Don't fully quote me on this, but I have heard it a couple times that AP that you now get from weekly chest does scale up beyond +10

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Doing +15 for gear will not be required in 7.2, however +15 will also be significantly harder, since they increased the base difficulty. +10 will likely be similar to what +15 was.
    New 10 is similar to current 13 actually (which kinda makes no sense).

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious how they will handle our key levels for the week.

I assume they will lower the key level more than the usual amount?
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

or they could just not give keys and let you get one from a regular mythic. who knows.

Pretty sure they haven't finalized ilvls yet, even the raid ones only got an +15 ilvl increase yesterday (to 925 I think?), but apparently that's not final yet either. The ilvl cap was 895 for EN, 925 for NH, an increase of 30, so for ToS it might very well be another +30, 955. Mythic raid ilvl tends to be 15-25 ilvl below that, so 930-940 for mythic ToS, 970 for legendaries possibly?

On the PTR right now you get a 925 item ("mythic 10 titanforged") from the weekly m+ class hall chest, same as the current mythic ToS ilvl. Who knows, I guess that'll will be upped to 930, and the highest possible dungeon chests (the 1-3 you get from completing any m+) might contain 915 loot (same as now, 925-885=40 ilvl below cap).

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    Pretty sure they haven't finalized ilvls yet, even the raid ones only got an +15 ilvl increase yesterday (to 925 I think?), but apparently that's not final yet either. The ilvl cap was 895 for EN, 925 for NH, an increase of 30, so for ToS it might very well be another +30, 955. Mythic raid ilvl tends to be 15-25 ilvl below that, so 930-940 for mythic ToS, 970 for legendaries possibly?

On the PTR right now you get a 925 item ("mythic 10 titanforged") from the weekly m+ class hall chest, same as the current mythic ToS ilvl. Who knows, I guess that'll will be upped to 930, and the highest possible dungeon chests (the 1-3 you get from completing any m+) might contain 915 loot (same as now, 925-885=40 ilvl below cap).
    So, if i do a +15 this week (like i always do), i might be getting a 925 next week when the patch goes live? If that's the case on PTR i mean. Hope they let us know soon.

So, if i do a +15 this week (like i always do), i might be getting a 925 next week when the patch goes live? If that's the case on PTR i mean. Hope they let us know soon.
    PTR has ToS unlocked. I wouldn't hope for anything above 900 until the next raid opens (most likely June with the 11 week quest line completing, similar to NH).

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if this means ranks are stuck in place for while after the patch hits, since what is boostable now will be keys to push.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    pretty sure +10 is the 7.2 equivilent of a +15, and the chest will still only top out at 900 until ToS drops. not sure what will drop what inbetween though.
    On ptr, for people who did a 15 have gotten 925 items. Also, a 15 now = an 11.5 in 7.2.

Anyone who can do a 20 now, can do a 15 in 7.2 EZ too.

They posted the ilvl brackets now officially:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753795211

End of dungeon chests:
    Mythic 2-3: 870
    Mythic 4-5: 875
    Mythic 6-7: 880
    Mythic 8-9: 885
    Mythic 10+: 890

Weekly chest:
    Mythic 2: 875
    Mythic 3: 880
    Mythic 4: 885
    Mythic 5: 890
    Mythic 6: 890
    Mythic 7: 895
    Mythic 8: 895
    Mythic 9: 900
    Mythic 10+: 905

Overall, a 5 ilvl boost to the available loot.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2017-03-24 at 10:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    They posted the ilvl brackets now officially:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753795211
    Best part is
    As to the gear you’ll find in your weekly chest, its item level will still be based on the highest dungeon you complete this week, but the rewards will be based on the new 7.2 scaling. To put it more directly: completing a Keystone dungeon of difficulty 10 or higher this week will result in a reward with a minimum item level of 905 in your next weekly chest, which is the current maximum reward in Patch 7.2.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Crap week, but if you have an 11 keystone from last week's ezpz all you have to do is clear it, timer irrelevant. <--for Muricans

So does anyone know how much AP you will get from completing MoS and how much from HoV?
    Also does anyone know how the "reduced AP from repeated runs" will work?

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    So does anyone know how much AP you will get from completing MoS and how much from HoV?
    Also does anyone know how the "reduced AP from repeated runs" will work?
    I believe I saw on reddit getting about 2.3x AP from HoV compared to MoS, but still it took roughly 3 times longer to do HoV. For that particular comparison spamming maw ended up being better.