Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's rather simple, actually. People should be free to do whatever they want, so long as it does not harm others.
    But, not having healthcare, does harm others.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Why did you cut out my quote?
    I frequently cut chunks of quotes to save space in responses.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    But, not having healthcare, does harm others.
    How do you figure? I do not see how that specific action harms others.

10+ Year Old Account
    And as I've said, my problem is not with insurance, it's forcing others into buying insurance.
    Yes, to save lives of Americans. It's why you are forced to pay for cops and military...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

It's rather simple, actually. People should be free to do whatever they want, so long as it does not harm others.
    So attempted murder is still fine?

I said I was against being forced by the government to help, there is a distinction to be made.

Please, I'm totally chaotic neutral.
    Go live on a island alone somewhere then. Because a society is suppose to help each other and its clearly u don't want that.

- - - Updated - - -

The government/tax payers not providing a healthcare system everyone can get into harms others.

Checkmate champ.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    You really think uninsured people cost 1.5 trillion a year?
    The math is way more complicated than that. A single-payer system would completely change the dynamics of the game, it's not as simple as "pay for insurance for the uninsured".

Obviously, estimates vary based on source. Here's one example that lists savings in the four billion range over a decade, and here is another that lists savings at $1.1 trillion in the same time span.

You get sick or cancer without Healthcare, lets see how well that works out for you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because healthcare doesn't work when the price is set individually, due to the nature of health. It becomes extortion. Healthcare is one of the most explicitly necessary programs for the welfare of Americans.

Yea maybe the kind of my you do after huffing ether for a month straight
    Well - given you won't do the maths yourself...

US - AU system (AU has dual private government cover)..

US Spends $5031/person more than Australia.
    US Population is around 320 million

320 million x $5031 = close to $1.6 trillion a year the US could save by adopting a sensible healthcare system.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are young...

This mindset sounds REALLY good until you actually understand how the world works and then you understand that statement is just incredibly naive and impossible. You hear a LOOOOT of young conservatives saying this....then years later they chuckle and admit it was silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    So attempted murder is still fine?
    It depends on what the attempt was. If the attempts was to squish someone with their fingers from 20 feet away, then that's not very harmful. If it meant breaking into their home, and only shooting them in the shoulder... then you clearly see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Go live on a island alone somewhere then. Because a society is suppose to help each other and its clearly u don't want that.
    Well, he wants to reap the benefits of society without paying for the privilege. Put any number of his sort on an island together and you'll only find corpses one year later and maybe one survivor fat and feasted on human flesh.

- - - Updated - - -

The government/tax payers not providing a healthcare system everyone can get into harms others.

Checkmate champ.
    No, I already have a house here, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea maybe the kind of my you do after huffing ether for a month straight
    Isn't that the only you anyone can do?

- - - Updated - - -

Checkmate champ.
    Are you drunk? There is a system, it's simply not being paid for by others. No harm is caused. That's like saying I'm harming you if I don't buy you a fucking house.

It depends on what the attempt was. If the attempts was to squish someone with their fingers from 20 feet away, then that's not very harmful. If it meant breaking into their home, and only shooting them in the shoulder... then you clearly see the difference.
    Why not both? I could shoot at you from 20 feet away and miss. No harm done, right?

Please, indulge me. I want the chalk outlines of your imagined perfect place. So is saying "Hello!" by shooting over each others shoulder cool in Machismo-Land?

Pick up and leave because u clearly don't like it here....

You don't get the "Freedoms" you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that doesn't change the fact that you not wanting to participate in the health of America, means your house is in the wrong location.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please, I'm totally chaotic neutral, maybe even chaotic good.
    You cannot justify your listed statements on this very thread as any form of good. Good people help others. You're advocating exactly the opposite, with the exception of children. In particular, "The chaotic good character wants maximum freedom for everyone to find happiness and prosperity" which you are blatantly opposed to, by asking people who are already poor to pay even more money by virtue of repealing the ACA -- a major point of which was to reduce the cost of health care on poor people.

You are not just being selfish. You are being selfish to the point of wanting more money, in exchange for letting the sick and poor die. You'll struggle to even call that Chaotic Neutral, honestly.