Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Considering a comeback

Yo!

So, I've dropped out of the game few months ago (November/October?). The reason was the freakin' grindfest this game has become if the player wants to do something else than LFR, I've been lagging behind with artifact, gold, gear, due to being able to play only few hours a week.

Recently, I've been thinking about coming back to the game (thanks, YouTube), however I fear I'll once again have no time to effectively raid outside LFR. Is it still a freakin' Asian-MMO-esque grindfest, or has leveling artifacts and farming mats, enchants and gear, become easier/less time consuming? Is there anything remotely interesting outside raiding? Grinding Mythic+ or pointless seasonal mini-event does not count as interesting

If it's still the same, is 7.2 looking better for somebody with other games, interests outside WoW and a fulltime job?

Deleted
    Farming mats is probably the same while it costs less to buy flasks/pots and such.
    In 7.2, you'll get a boost up to AK 25 if you're not there already (this is for any character, main and alts). In my opinion, Legion is currently very good and interesting, will just get a LOT better in 7.2 with the amount of content we're getting.

But it's up to you. :]

If you can only play a few hours a week then wow is not the game for you this xpac
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you are wanting to raid Mythic, there really is no grind. Just do what you would usually do in any other expansion.

Deleted
    Yeah, just noticed that you can only play a few hours a week. I mean, you can still give it a try but you probably won't be able to raid in any difficulty other than normal and that you could do with pugs. Heroic and Mythic usually requires you to be in a raiding guild, try to find a guild that raids during times you're available.

What @Divinexve says pretty much sums it up. If you can spend 6 or 7+hours a day playing this game then go for it, but be prepared for the grind cause it's only gonna get more tedious in the next patch. If not, you can always try other games, ESO is pretty fun although that's just my opinion.

Everyone loves a good comeback story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwN-BUDSHDo

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Yo!

So, I've dropped out of the game few months ago (November/October?). The reason was the freakin' grindfest this game has become if the player wants to do something else than LFR, I've been lagging behind with artifact, gold, gear, due to being able to play only few hours a week.

Recently, I've been thinking about coming back to the game (thanks, YouTube), however I fear I'll once again have no time to effectively raid outside LFR. Is it still a freakin' Asian-MMO-esque grindfest, or has leveling artifacts and farming mats, enchants and gear, become easier/less time consuming? Is there anything remotely interesting outside raiding? Grinding Mythic+ or pointless seasonal mini-event does not count as interesting

If it's still the same, is 7.2 looking better for somebody with other games, interests outside WoW and a fulltime job?
    Stay away , thanks. We don't need you if your IQ doesn't allow you to comprehend that you aren't forced to farm jack shit , unless you're doing mythic raiding (which you aren't) - then perhaps something along the lines of Angry Birds is more suited for you

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Yes it is just as grindy as you remember it, if not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    Stay away , thanks. We don't need you if your IQ doesn't allow you to comprehend that you aren't forced to farm jack shit , unless you're doing mythic raiding (which you aren't) - then perhaps something along the lines of Angry Birds is more suited for you
    That's real mature of you Nero. If you can't offer anything constructive than don't post anything. ;}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    If you can only play a few hours a week then wow is not the game for you this xpac
    Yeah I got that feeling as well, I've played since WotLK (casually since MoP), and am taking a break now since a week ago. Will return though, probably in 7.3, when I have enough casual content stacked up to keep me busy for a bit.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Deleted
    If you think the current WoW model is asianMMO type of grinding then you probably never played an asian grindfest...

You really don't need to grind the AP or gear high to do normal/heroic NH.

But if you are ok with normal/heroic then you should probably really leave your OCD out of WoW... otherwise you will just come back to whine about how much "you have to grind".

Deleted
    Getting over 35 traits for heroic NH is not needed but if you plan to apply to guild that runs HC NH, it sure helps.
    Lucky for you, most guilds are desperate for players currently. NH has burned out people lot more than most tiers have.

If you dont plan on joining guild, you will "see content" in LFR like usual. Not much has changed for you since WQs are same and Mythic dungeon runs require insane amount of gear in pugs (oh the times when they asked for 845 ilvl lmao).

Lot of that will change in 7.2. tho, which is next week. Then you will have lot content (tho some might argue grindy but meh, same grindyness as always) without need of guilds or groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    If you think the current WoW model is asianMMO type of grinding then you probably never played an asian grindfest...

You really don't need to grind the AP or gear high to do normal/heroic NH.

But if you are ok with normal/heroic then you should probably really leave your OCD out of WoW... otherwise you will just come back to whine about how much "you have to grind".
    You don't need to grind AP or high gear to do mythic either, but game society requires it. I remember heroic pugs being super demanding for the level of challenge, they presented. I don't expect to come back to Mythic raiding, but don't want to go lower than Heroic, and if pugs require artifact level 666 etc, I'd rather stay out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Getting over 35 traits for heroic NH is not needed but if you plan to apply to guild that runs HC NH, it sure helps.
    Lucky for you, most guilds are desperate for players currently. NH has burned out people lot more than most tiers have.

If you dont plan on joining guild, you will "see content" in LFR like usual. Not much has changed for you since WQs are same and Mythic dungeon runs require insane amount of gear in pugs (oh the times when they asked for 845 ilvl lmao).

Lot of that will change in 7.2. tho, which is next week. Then you will have lot content (tho some might argue grindy but meh, same grindyness as always) without need of guilds or groups.
    What about HC pugs? Did they stop to exist, or what? Nobody mentions them. But, I'm not planning on joining a raiding guild, it's too much of a hassle for now. Mythic/Mythic+ dungeons are not my kinda thing, so I'd rather skip them and focus on outdoor content (if it's any good) and casual raiding (if it's even possible outside LFR/N).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    Who are you even? Aside a whiner.

You don't need to grind AP or high gear to do mythic either, but game society requires it. I remember heroic pugs being super demanding for the level of challenge, they presented. I don't expect to come back to Mythic raiding, but don't want to go lower than Heroic, and if pugs require artifact level 666 etc, I'd rather stay out.

- - - Updated - - -

What about HC pugs? Did they stop to exist, or what? Nobody mentions them. But, I'm not planning on joining a raiding guild, it's too much of a hassle for now. Mythic/Mythic+ dungeons are not my kinda thing, so I'd rather skip them and focus on outdoor content (if it's any good) and casual raiding (if it's even possible outside LFR/N).

- - - Updated - - -

Who are you even? Aside a whiner.
    Only whining I hear is in the OP " waaaaah, I can't have all the traits when I hit 110, waaaaaah , I have to run content and not just sit in Dalaran , waaaaaah ������"

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Deleted

Obviously you need "Curve" and 895 ilvl (bagged) at very least. If people demand any less the run is doomed to fail after 3 bosses, in my exprerience.

7.2. will add outdoor content. A lot of it. And more class hall stuff. It should keep you playing for while - after that you might as well unsub until ToS comes out fully on LFR to see content.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Obviously you need "Curve" and 895 ilvl (bagged) at very least. If people demand any less the run is doomed to fail after 3 bosses, in my exprerience.

7.2. will add outdoor content. A lot of it. And more class hall stuff. It should keep you playing for while - after that you might as well unsub until ToS comes out fully on LFR to see content.
    Getting Curve without one may be hard, I do have some mythic achievements from early Nightmare though, so they could help getting into a half-decent pug.

Thanks a lot, I now know, more or less, what I should expect if I come back!

due to being able to play only few hours a week.
    then why care? You play the game 2 hours a week...find some enjoyment in those 2 hours...your not going to be a raider with that time schedule...your not going to do anything beyond LFR.

You talking about mythic +, you talk about grindfest...you are not the target audience for any of that content as a 2 hour per week player.

finding a pug, waiting for it to fill and clearing it isn't going to happen in 2 hours even for normal. (For those arguing remember he plays 2 hours a week....do you think he is going to get accepting to many groups?)

Deleted
    if u like to grind u should come back :^)

Deleted
    I don't see the point of these "should i come back" threads. People here play the game, do naturally there is reason!