Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehshocka View Post
    Lol playing the victim card early today already.

last time I checked you can can essentially go to a trade school or community college for free via Pell Grants / FSEOG Grants if you are that fricking poor.

YOU CHOOSE YOUR OWN DESTINY.
    Victim card doesn't work, when you are talking about healthcare. You cannot win arguments, by pretending the outcome is someone being protected from harm... when you are arguing against universal healthcare...

Choose your own destiny? You are not the protagonist of this movie... you are not the special snowflake...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I am not sure how you berni-bots/bros are pumping your chest about how the ACA was great, when literally all it took was removing a mandate that forced (aka theft) people to either pay into or get taxed for , to make it crumble...
    basically saying that if you remove the foundations/ground floor of a building, and then the rest of the building collapses, then it was a shit building to begin with because any proper building should be able to levitate from the first floor upwards

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Then your issue isn't single payer or universal coverage? You are being very confusing...
    I have a problem with people being forced to pay for something they do not want to pay for. In the case of the ACA, it was people being forced to buy insurance they did not want.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I GET HOW INSURANCE WORKS. I do not support forcing people to pay for insurance against their will. On that note, if they choose to not have insurance, they are also responsible for any consequences of that choice. I'm simply choosing to not throw more people into those pools against their will.
    So then you don't understand that having the financial ability to purchase insurance, isn't always a choice?

Because it's pretty clear that you're not understanding some basic facts of life.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    .....I can't even. Do you not understand what the direct result of a government collapsing is? You can't honestly be serious in not being able to follow that thought through to completion.
    If the federal government was half the size that it is, I'd be happy. If it were a quarter the size, I would be ecstatic.

nor should they be forced to pay for the insurance of others.
    No. You don't understand. Insurance companies don't just collect your monthly payment and store it away just for you when you need it. Other people's payments are pooled in order to pay the bills of people who are sick now. By buying insurance you are paying for other people's insurance when it is in use.

From what I gathered by your previous posts. In order to truly be consistent in your worldview you would need to get off the grid, leave america and live in some remote land with no assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya the whole "Pick yourself up by ur boot straps" shit doesn't work champ.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet you do daily...
    How do I support such things?

I have a problem with people being forced to pay for something they do not want to pay for
    Well, no - you only have a problem being forced to pay $4/day to save human lives... you seem to be quite happy to continue to use the internet, even after having said you'd be ok to stop using it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    For your benefit : an act of causing death
    if some dies of cancer it was the cancer that killed them not me because I didn't pay for their treatment.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Insurance cost can be reduced by getting the ridiculous cost of doing business in hospitals to go down. However, that's an entire different discussion.

So, you don't want it under government control - you don't want it under corporate control... who the hell is meant to be running this health care system of yours?

- - - Updated - - -

Humanity values human life, not money... just saying.

If you don't feel that paying $4/day(*if you can afford it) to ensure everyone has primary health care, then that's a big issue.
    Actually, I want it under consumer control. I want it to be a voluntary transaction between two entities. No government would be required.

How do I support such things?
    Enjoy the water you drink? The roads you drive on.

All government funded via tax's champ.

- - - Updated - - -

Insurance cost can be reduced by getting the ridiculous cost of doing business in hospitals to go down. However, that's an entire different discussion.
    And you can't do that without the Government stepping in because its a free market.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

If the federal government was half the size that it is, I'd be happy. If it were a quarter the size, I would be ecstatic.
    Cool - so step 1 - universal health care, saving $1.5 trillion a year ...
    Cool - so step 2, reduce the military budget by half - saving OMG, only $0.3 billion a year.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a problem with people being forced to pay for something they do not want to pay for. In the case of the ACA, it was people being forced to buy insurance they did not want.
    Then you don't mean to argue against universal coverage? You are being very confusing... neither this, nor ACA were universal coverage... and this would make the situation worse for America as a whole. Not you as an individual, because at 38 years old, nothing bad can ever happen to your health. This is federal policy, for all Americans... not you as an individual... not you as a protagonist of some move... not you as some special snowflake... but, Americans...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    So then you don't understand that having the financial ability to purchase insurance, isn't always a choice?

Because it's pretty clear that you're not understanding some basic facts of life.
    I understand just fine. I've been poor, it fucking sucks. That doesn't mean I should be able to forcefully take money from others in order to be less poor, does it?

Actually, I want it under consumer control.
    Oh dear ... so consumers will get together in little bands of a few hundred people and convert a basement to a hospital.

Sounds AWESOME.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand just fine. I've been poor, it fucking sucks.
    Do you feel you deserved to die whilst you were poor ?

Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    No. You don't understand. Insurance companies don't just collect your monthly payment and store it away just for you when you need it. Other people's payments are pooled in order to pay the bills of people who are sick now. By buying insurance you are paying for other people's insurance when it is in use.

From what I gathered by your previous posts. In order to truly be consistent in your worldview you would need to get off the grid, leave america and live in some remote land with no assistance.
    But, in regards to normal insurance, everyone is in that pool willingly. The ACA forced people into those pools against their will.

That doesn't mean I should be able to forcefully take money from others in order to be less poor, does it?
    You have already shown that you are only against having your money forcefully taken for saving lives... other things you are ok with.

- - - Updated - - -

But, in regards to normal insurance, everyone is in that pool willingly.
    In every other kind of insurance, you volunteer to have something to insure...

Well, no - you only have a problem being forced to pay $4/day to save human lives... you seem to be quite happy to continue to use the internet, even after having said you'd be ok to stop using it.
    Actually, I have a problem with everyone being forced to pay, not just me. The threat of force is the issue.

As for the internet, I pay for it. I pay a private company to provide such a service, and I do so willingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking these two sentences separately, are you arguing that a tax-based universal healthcare system is "bad"? Because it's more cost-effective than the American system. See basically any other developed nation. And taking issue with this on the grounds that you're "forced to pay" is like arguing against the concept of police forces, or roadways. You're never going to convince anyone, because society is fundamentally based on such services.

While I can understand opposing the obligation to make people purchase a product (insurance) they don't want, the reason the ACA went that route was an attempt to compromise with the Republicans and create a bill that could enjoy bipartisan support. Pretty much everyone involved knew it was a crappy compromise. They didn't predict the blind partisanship of the Republicans, breaking with history; they should have just pushed through a single-payer system from the get-go.

But this is all reason to reform and expand the ACA into such a single-payer system, to eliminate those issues and streamline everything. Not to scrap the whole thing and leave 24 million people without coverage.