Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If the federal government was half the size that it is, I'd be happy. If it were a quarter the size, I would be ecstatic.
    But that's not what you said, make up your damn mind on something for the love of god.

I'm fine with the government collapsing
    You've also said, you're fine with nothing being enforced.

You've also said you're fine with removing all government funded services in favor of privatized service.

All of these things add up to you are fine with people dying, whether it be because quality standards were not enforced on life saving drugs, toys, cars, etc. And you're fine with peoples houses burning down because they couldn't afford to pay the fire company.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Enjoy the water you drink? The roads you drive on.

All government funded via tax's champ.

- - - Updated - - -

And you can't do that without the Government stepping in because its a free market.
    As I said before, I also would prefer those be handled in a voluntary government.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Victim card doesn't work, when you are talking about healthcare. You cannot win arguments, by pretending the outcome is someone being protected from harm... when you are arguing against universal healthcare...

Choose your own destiny? You are not the protagonist of this movie... you are not the special snowflake...
    Lmao who said anything about being a special snowflake? Go away with the stupid buzzwords.

Give me 5 reasons why any able bodied person cannot go to a trade school / CC and learn a skill. Don't say money because that's absolutely not true.

In the world of Section 8, WIC, Food Stamps, etc. A single mom on FULL Benefits earns on par 55k a year if you were to break that down into dollars and cents.

How about take some personal responsibility for the choices you make in life. Don't have unprotected sex and have kids. Don't commit crime. Commit to learning and education. GET A FRICKIN JOB.

You know the things adults who are mature and responsible do.

Actually, I have a problem with everyone being forced to pay, not just me.
    That's fine - so you are ok with killing people, all over $4/day .... just admit it. What is keeping this going is your contradictory comments.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Cool - so step 1 - universal health care, saving $1.5 trillion a year ...
    Cool - so step 2, reduce the military budget by half - saving OMG, only $0.3 billion a year.
    Universal health care is more government, not less. Get the government out of the healthcare industry. Get rid of Social Security and Medicare. Strip the DoD. Cutr all other programs and budgets by at least half.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    basically saying that if you remove the foundations/ground floor of a building, and then the rest of the building collapses, then it was a shit building to begin with because any proper building should be able to levitate from the first floor upwards
    LOL....your analogy....seriously....I can't take you seriously....lol!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Then you don't mean to argue against universal coverage? You are being very confusing... neither this, nor ACA were universal coverage... and this would make the situation worse for America as a whole. Not you as an individual, because at 38 years old, nothing bad can ever happen to your health. This is federal policy, for all Americans... not you as an individual... not you as a protagonist of some move... not you as some special snowflake... but, Americans...
    I also oppose universal coverage, because it's not so different from the ACA. In the end, one group of people is being forced to pay for something they do not want, and others are forced to pay for people who don't pay at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehshocka View Post
    Give me 5 reasons why any able bodied person cannot go to a trade school / CC and learn a skill.
    Well, they only need 1 reason to be unable to go - that's the point.
    Most common cause of lack of skills in the US is (no surprise) - lack of money to pay for the education.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Universal health care is more government, not less. Get the government out of the healthcare industry. Get rid of Social Security and Medicare. Strip the DoD. Cutr all other programs and budgets by at least half.
    Ahh. So you literally just want poor people to die for the "crime" of being poor. Because that's the obvious and unavoidable consequence of your position, here.

The rest of us see that as inhumane and horrible, which is why basically nobody agrees with it.

As I said before, I also would prefer those be handled in a voluntary government.
    When shit is voluntary, it doesn't get done.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I also oppose universal coverage, because it's not so different from the ACA.
    Well, apart from being TOTALLY different .... lol

We get it, you are against saving lives ... $4/day is just too much to spend to save human lives.

Pretty damn sad...

Anyway - my bp is rising, time to get out of here before a have a stroke or something

But, in regards to normal insurance, everyone is in that pool willingly. The ACA forced people into those pools against their will.
    It is irrelevant. You've already posted that you don't want to pay for roads, electricity, police, firemen etc. All those things are paid for through taxes forcibly. So put up or shut up. If you want to enjoy some basic services then this shouldn't be an issue for you.

If you push for massive deregulation, it will be more affordable.
    Which regulations are keeping insurance companies from making it cheaper?

Oh dear ... so consumers will get together in little bands of a few hundred people and convert a basement to a hospital.

Sounds AWESOME.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you feel you deserved to die whilst you were poor ?
    No, people will buy what they want, and what they can afford.

When I was poor, I understood the consequences of my actions. I also assessed risks for what I choose to purchase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    But that's not what you said, make up your damn mind on something for the love of god.

You've also said, you're fine with nothing being enforced.

You've also said you're fine with removing all government funded services in favor of privatized service.

All of these things add up to you are fine with people dying, whether it be because quality standards were not enforced on life saving drugs, toys, cars, etc. And you're fine with peoples houses burning down because they couldn't afford to pay the fire company.
    I didn't say nothing, did I? The entire basis is that people should be free to do what they want, so long as it does not harm others. Being fine with people dying is not the same as killing them. I'm fine if a rapist dies in a horrible fire, but I did not start the fire.

Well, they only need 1 reason to be unable to go - that's the point.
    Most common cause of lack of skills in the US is (no surprise) - lack of money to pay for the education.
    I literally just said you can't cite money because that is utter bullshite

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Which regulations are keeping insurance companies from making it cheaper?
    Whoa, slow down there with that logic

You have already shown that you are only against having your money forcefully taken for saving lives... other things you are ok with.

- - - Updated - - -

In every other kind of insurance, you volunteer to have something to insure...
    Nope, not by a long shot. I have stated multiple times that I don't want other people's money taken from them against their will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Taking these two sentences separately, are you arguing that a tax-based universal healthcare system is "bad"? Because it's more cost-effective than the American system. See basically any other developed nation. And taking issue with this on the grounds that you're "forced to pay" is like arguing against the concept of police forces, or roadways. You're never going to convince anyone, because society is fundamentally based on such services.

While I can understand opposing the obligation to make people purchase a product (insurance) they don't want, the reason the ACA went that route was an attempt to compromise with the Republicans and create a bill that could enjoy bipartisan support. Pretty much everyone involved knew it was a crappy compromise. They didn't predict the blind partisanship of the Republicans, breaking with history; they should have just pushed through a single-payer system from the get-go.

But this is all reason to reform and expand the ACA into such a single-payer system, to eliminate those issues and streamline everything. Not to scrap the whole thing and leave 24 million people without coverage.
    I'm saying I oppose forcing people to pay into something they do not wish to pay into. Single payer is certainly better than the ACA, but it is still not what I actually want.

- - - Updated - - -

That's fine - so you are ok with killing people, all over $4/day .... just admit it. What is keeping this going is your contradictory comments.
    I have no desire to kill anyone, you are a fucking liar.

I didn't say nothing, did I? The entire basis is that people should be free to do what they want, so long as it does not harm others. Being fine with people dying is not the same as killing them. I'm fine if a rapist dies in a horrible fire, but I did not start the fire.
    You're fine with people dying because they had the bad fortune to be less fortunate than you due to circumstances that are potentially out of their control.

Are you fine with all the holocaust victims dying, because they had the bad fortune to be jewish?

10+ Year Old Account
    In this case, though, it's more like you see an apartment building on fire, and you see the fire department putting ladders up to apartments to save people, and you're arguing that the people in the building don't deserve ladders, you don't want to pay for ladders, they should save themselves if they want to live.

And you expect that to be a convincing argument. It's not. It's just unadulterated misanthropy.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Ahh. So you literally just want poor people to die for the "crime" of being poor. Because that's the obvious and unavoidable consequence of your position, here.

The rest of us see that as inhumane and horrible, which is why basically nobody agrees with it.
    Nope, I want people to be responsible for their actions. I also do not want to force people to pay for things they do not wish to pay for.