Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    If they left him in the game the only BS to deal with would be the clickbait press throwing accusations at them for supporting Jontron's views. All they would have to say is that his views are his own, and anyone who continued to blame them would be those who preach guilt by association.
    Guilt by what association? What are they guilty of? They just do not want to deal with him. You essentially want them to do the same thing they are doing now... during the games launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Or, avoid being caught up in some bullshit drama that doesn't benefit them in the slightest. There's no benefit to associating with JonTron right now, given the rep he has publicly and even amongst his own fans.

Nothing to do with virtue signaling in this case.
    Wew edge, you lost your edge?
    If anything jontron was one of the first to jump on the yooka laylee bandwagon and herald it as a game i would buy, sadly the game looks bad, as in empty, i do regret giving my kickstarter money to them, not just because of this situation, but because of how awful it looks atm, going to ask for refund on my kickstarter and just wait on a deep deep sale on steam, game doesnt look fine to me.

- - - Updated - - -

He'd still be involved in the game, and given the recent events and controversies that's a mess most companies wouldn't want to touch if given the option.

Sauce?

Edit: Looked at Steam, a few seemingly thought out posts but a whoooolllleeeee lot of shitposting. Not remotely surprising given the types of folks who are left defending JonTron at this point (last I heard Trump's subreddit was bombing the JonTron subreddit hard because they were being critical of him due to his ludicrous views).

Still up to the developers. They don't want to associate with him because of shit he said. That's kinda tough fuckin luck for JonTron. Don't want to get caught up in drama that has negative consequences? Don't touch the fucking poop. In this case, poop being anything related to politics.
    take a look on kickstarter, tons of people asking for refunds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    They are dealing with bullshit of a smaller community before a games release. Rather than a bigger more click bait enduing thing during release.

whose preaching guilt by association? They dont have to deal with him if they dont want to. Are you saying its petty to not be forced into BS you dont want to deal with?
    The same group that didnt buy overwatch due to tracer poses? yeah they totally bought OW after it being changed111!11
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post

The same group that didnt buy overwatch due to tracer poses? yeah they totally bought OW after it being changed111!11
    All before release to :P
    But didnt the one guy to complain actually say it would make more sense as Widowmakers pose?

I always love the vast overestimation the anti-sjw community pretends their influence is.

I mean all the other boycotts worked so well.

- - - Updated - - -

If they left him in the game the only BS to deal with would be the clickbait press throwing accusations at them for supporting Jontron's views. All they would have to say is that his views are his own, and anyone who continued to blame them would be those who preach guilt by association.
    Or they just don't agree with Jon's bullshit.

What a shocking notion. Dang ole private companies getting to do what they want. Hey, 'member when it was ok for this to happen when it was the bakery refusing to make a cake for a gay wedding? But I guess because they're disassociating themselves with somebody who has become a huge victim to the anti-sjw community that its not okay now.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are an entertainer and you take in a political stance this is the outcome if your audience is not watching you for political views.

If you agree with his views or not, you have to accept that he is not hosting a political stream but a gaming one and taking on a stance can backfire and if you use generalizations to attack people since that's what it is, keep it in your echo chamber or do it under friends do it on the web, well young folk the internet bites back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jon Tron had every right to say what he said, unfortunately man has to accept the repercussions of his actions. Freedom of speech comes with a price, say what you wanna say but be careful not everyone is gonna be happy with what you said.

Love Jon Tron but his political views are so twisted and disjointed, also he is a bad public speaker. this is why I don't get involved in political debates. I don't believe Jon Tron is racist, I just think he has some racist views and knows very little how the world works.

On a flip side maybe they can replace his voice lines with Crendor
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-03-24 at 04:01 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    It's pretty simple actually. If you are a shitty racist white supremacist good people will hate/avoid you as it should be. That's the choice you made when you chose to be a bigoted asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    "We're for freedom and the private industry"

'FUCKING PRIVATE COMPANY CHANGING THEIR PRIVATE PRODUCT TO AVOID CONTROVERSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

I absolutely adore how the utter hypocrisy of screaming on and on about people should have the freedom to do as they please. Unless its what they don't like. Wherein they're identical to the SJWs they so constantly bleat about.
    Like the other side's any better. "Tolerance" and "Everyone has a right to express their feelings." Only as long as you agree with them. The moment someone disagrees with them they start tossing around insults.

Someone says "I'm opposed to illegal-immigration" and suddenly everyone's screaming about you being an "anti-immigrant bigoted racist" when that statement means none of those things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Or, avoid being caught up in some bullshit drama that doesn't benefit them in the slightest. There's no benefit to associating with JonTron right now, given the rep he has publicly and even amongst his own fans.

Nothing to do with virtue signaling in this case.
    But they caught themselves into drama as soon as they removed it. If they just said, that jontrons private opinions are not part of their game, noone would care.

And lets face, it HE VOICED GODDAMN GRUNTS. Who in the world would say "welp this side characters had his grunts voiced by slighty controversial person, i guess this game devs kill jews in their free time" ? Its not like he took part in KKK meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But they caught themselves into drama as soon as they removed it. If they just said, that jontrons private opinions are not part of their game, noone would care.

And lets face, it HE VOICED GODDAMN GRUNTS. Who in the world would say "welp this side characters had his grunts voiced by slighty controversial person, i guess this game devs kill jews in their free time" ? Its not like he took part in KKK meeting.
    The internet was going to blow up either way if they left his voice in the game. There was no correct way too approach this so they went the way that reflects the devs point of view.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The internet was going to blow up either way if they left his voice in the game. There was no correct way too approach this so they went the way that reflects the devs point of view.
    There was, distancing themselves from the issue. He is voicing grunts, not taking part in creating games narrative. If they said that thats his personal problem, all they would need is to ignore "those" people for few days and it would be over.

But by ackonwleding themselves as part of the problem they did in fact ended with "we are either cucks or nazis" dillema.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

Maybe there are some family members from immigrants who work at the studios, maybe before Jon opens his mouth he should have taken into consideration the people he would hurt... you don't make racists comments like that and think everything is going to be fine afterwards. I dont care if he voiced the frikkin wind, racist remarks is not acceptable and action should be taken. While Jon had every right to express his views you got to accept the repercussions

And please stop using the word "cuck" is not a word, you're an adult for Christs sake. Grow up.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Maybe there are some family members from immigrants who work at the studios, maybe before Jon opens his mouth he should have taken into consideration the people he would hurt... you don't make racists comments like that and think everything is going to be fine afterwards. I dont care if he voiced the frikkin wind, racist remarks is not acceptable and action should be taken. While Jon had every right to express his views you got to accept the repercussions

And please stop using the word "cuck" is not a word, you're an adult for Christs sake. Grow up.
    Isn't he half iranian ? Maybe it wasn't racism but part of his culture. Culture you have no right to criticise with your racist comment.

And again, how does his personal opinion in anything relate to his work ?

Oh, and i love that you are so offended by me calling one side cucks, but completely fine with calling other nazis.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2017-03-24 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    Like the other side's any better. "Tolerance" and "Everyone has a right to express their feelings." Only as long as you agree with them. The moment someone disagrees with them they start tossing around insults. .
    thatsthejoke.jpg

That people who profess to be "anti-SJWs" act exactly like the side they whine about. And do so with pretentious moral assuredness.

^ This.

I remember seeing non-association disclaimers all over the place - what the hell happened to those?

You know, the ones that went "The views expressed in X do not necessarily reflect the views of company Y". That seemed to be more than enough in the past.

I guess what interests me to know is wether they decided on this because THEY personally now dislike the guy, or because they were truly "afraid" or didn't want to deal with being "associated" with him, because they've read online that he's a baddie now.

Either way, while absolutely in their right, is absolutely stupid.

On the first scenario: If they liked the guy's work enough to invite him to do that personally, would a few less-than-correct remarks nullate all that? Or maybe they were just trying to bank free publicity and never really liked him in the first place?

On the second one: They might think they're protecting themselves (which is completly bullshit in the case of a crowd-funded game, personally), but on the grander scale they're giving power to internet rumours and clickbaity online tabloids, which personally is far worse than a potentially "bad person" voicing a videogame.

All I know is I've been pretty stoked about the game, and while this probably won't change wether I buy it or not, it does leave a pretty sour taste in my mouth. I'd be much more confortable with playing it knowing a character is voiced by Richard Spencer or Anita Sarkeesian (both people whose politics, ideologies and work I strongly dislike and disapprove) than I am with this "anti-association" bullshit.

Meanwhile there's the likes of me going "who the fuck is JonTron?"

Instead of leaving off with such a bland, unoriginal reply, if I've learned anything observing game streamers/Youtubers, you simply leave anything political at the door. Generally speaking, any audience of such a person is not there for political soapbox commentary. It's an all encompassing street, too; doesn't matter what end of the political spectrum you're on...the general audience is there to see whatever game you're playing, whether it's for the purpose of review, a skill/achievement, or whatever, and they'd prefer their streamers to have more personality than a stick in mud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Jon Tron had every right to say what he said, unfortunately man has to accept the repercussions of his actions. Freedom of speech comes with a price, say what you wanna say but be careful not everyone is gonna be happy with what you said.

Love Jon Tron but his political views are so twisted and disjointed, also he is a bad public speaker. this is why I don't get involved in political debates. I don't believe Jon Tron is racist, I just think he has some racist views and knows very little how the world works.

On a flip side maybe they can replace his voice lines with Crendor
    Crendor? I can imagine it now...

go go go go go go go go go go

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Meanwhile there's the likes of me going "who the fuck is JonTron?"

Instead of leaving off with such a bland, unoriginal reply, if I've learned anything observing game streamers/Youtubers, you simply leave anything political at the door. Generally speaking, any audience of such a person is not there for political soapbox commentary. It's an all encompassing street, too; doesn't matter what end of the political spectrum you're on...the general audience is there to see whatever game you're playing, whether it's for the purpose of review, a skill/achievement, or whatever, and they'd prefer their streamers to have more personality than a stick in mud.
    Its why GradeAunderA who was a very popular guy for a while is kinda falling out of favor. He got all political

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Crendor? I can imagine it now...

go go go go go go go go go go

- - - Updated - - -

Its why GradeAunderA who was a very popular guy for a while is kinda falling out of favor. He got all political
    all political or just going with the edgy keemstar during his downfall plus going far into yt drama? cuz it's not because of political leaning tbh.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    "We're for freedom and the private industry"

'FUCKING PRIVATE COMPANY CHANGING THEIR PRIVATE PRODUCT TO AVOID CONTROVERSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

I absolutely adore how the utter hypocrisy of screaming on and on about people should have the freedom to do as they please. Unless its what they don't like. Wherein they're identical to the SJWs they so constantly bleat about.

Maybe Jon shouldn't be spouting unfounded bullshit that's pushing a legitimate racist point (Unlike all the shit you guys whine about SJWs doing falsely) if he didn't want advertisers to start avoiding him like the plague. We already have enough people who pretend to understand the world and politics but can't get beyond thoughts of a 7th-grade 2edgy4me statement in 4chan. We don't need another.

Don't worry, I'm sure despite Hamilton, Kelloggs, Star Wars, ect., this time your boycott will really work.
    i honestly don't believe private companies should be so private and have too much freedom. they should be controlled much more.

but jon did say something pretty asstastic in all that stuff, that he does need to sufficiently apologize for if he truly doesn't believe that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    all political or just going with the edgy keemstar during his downfall plus going far into yt drama? cuz it's not because of political leaning tbh.
    He was doing all of the above

He got into youtube drama
    he got edgy with keemstar (never actually watched this guy, so those vids were just random to me)
    he also got political