Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is coming back to the game too demanding now?

I used to raid 3-5 times a week for 8 years of WoW, altough i ended my WoD career pretty casually. I have not played legion at all. I got new job and new GF, just as it launched, and simply could not find the time/energy to start the leveling process. I have 15 lvl 100 characters, so its a bit of a job.

I have played a great deal of Overwatch, since its a fastpaced, 10-15 minute thrill each game. So its not so demanding and timeconsuming.

Now i start missing WoW a little bit, but the giant hurdle for me, is still the levelling process. The 10+ hours of - in my opinion - mindless level grind towars the end game, which is what i miss, does not apeal to me. That and the fact, that, from what i have read, i would be MILES behind in any Artifact Power grind, to get into any raid team at this point, make it seems like its not worth getting back.

Please answer me this: Is there any way someone could enter the game at this point, and get even remotely geared/AP relevant to make any kind og raid team?

I have not read anywhere of any kind of XP boosting flasks, like in WoD, and noone talks about gearing/playing alts. Is it really so impossible for new players, to be able to make an impact at this state of the game?

Please, this is not a troll post, but real questions from someone who misses WoW, but dont know if its worth investing time in still.

Future ranks of artifact knowledge would overcome the AP problem and allow you to catch up in no time. Not sure if the new ranks come in 7.2 or when the new raid comes out. Also not sure how long it takes to catch up on artifact knowledge these days as I always boost my alts to level 20 immediately (which you wont be able to do if you don't have a character at AK25 already).

I'm sure you could come back and be ready to raid next tier but I doubt you could start playing today, get up to around 45-50 artifact traits and be raiding in a mythic guild within 3 or 4 weeks without a huge grind. Unless your new guild was prepared to carry you until you were upto speed (and unless you are friends with them that's unlikely to happen).

You won't be able to raid in a progression guild, other than that you'll be able to do anything after gearing up a bit which should be a lot easier come tuesday.

You should come back imo. I just took a 3 month break cuz I burnt my self out initally. Great xpac tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syldarin View Post
    Please answer me this: Is there any way someone could enter the game at this point, and get even remotely geared/AP relevant to make any kind og raid team?
    YES!

Even with all the things that people whine about during this expansion, it IS possible to simply play the game and get geared enough to do your desired content. Exactly like it has been in previous expansions, you WILL be behind, but you will NOT be impossibly behind. Don't let anyone tell you it's too late. You can make it happen if you want to. It will certainly not happen over night and you will most likely be told you suck because you don't have 18 legendaries, but that's just life for this expansion.

Are you trying to push for server first mythic raid kills?

No?

Then no, the game is not "too demanding" to return to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimjeh View Post
    You won't be able to raid in a progression guild, other than that you'll be able to do anything after gearing up a bit which should be a lot easier come tuesday.

You should come back imo. I just took a 3 month break cuz I burnt my self out initally. Great xpac tho.
    @Syldarin, take the above with a pinch of salt, there's absolutely nothing stopping you coming back and joining a progression guild. I'd say you wouldn't make a team going for server firsts or world firsts, but you'll defiantly find normal / heroics in a heart beat, and more than likely a mythic once you get geared. Any mythic guild (and honestly I'd say this goes to normal and heroic guilds as well) worth their salt will always have a application system, any guild with a shred of sense looks at previous raiding exp, if you can back up what you've done in the past, you'll find a guild

In terms of gearing, over the last week and a bit I've invested time into my newly dinged priest, she's now my 2nd best character sitting at 880, thats through mythic + and LFR. I've done one emerald nightmare normal and heroic. I haven't touched nighthold on her.

In terms of AP, you'll be at a disadvantage, for 2 months and 2 weeks, if my maths is correct that's how long it'll take you to hit AK 25 (unless theres a catch up mechanism for players starting late), however, you'll more than likely hit 3 golden traits before 25, 25 will just make the 35th trait easier. You're kind of at a advantage starting before ToS launch, as anything over 35 is being refunded, aka if you came back at christmas, you'd be at AK1 competing with people at AK25 with 54 traits (which after 35 gives 0.5% increase damage / w/e). So you'll be on a more even playing field starting with this patch.

There's no reason you shouldn't hit max AK, AP, traits and gear at the end of 7.2 ready to join a serious progression guild come 7.3.

Don't do it - the game is a glorified grind-fest. Don't reward Blizzard with sub numbers despite awful design decisions that have made the game unrecognizable compared to the best expansions of the past.
    If you think raiding 3-5 days is too much work just wait and see what sort of effort you need to put in outside those 3-5 days just to be competitive. If you have BiS gear, get bad legendaries and can't max your AP, have fun at the bottom of meters in any decent raiding guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    In terms of AP, you'll be at a disadvantage, for 2 months and 2 weeks, if my maths is correct that's how long it'll take you to hit AK 25 (unless theres a catch up mechanism for players starting late)
    There is. It's shorter depending on average AK of players, so instead of taking 5 days per level, it's reduced gradually. And increases gradually as you gain on the others. It's the same for alts as for mains starting late. But you can skip the first 15 levels by buying AK research at your research dude, even if you're a new player, so that saves a lot of time...

you're obviously not looking to get mythic gul'dan down, with 7.2 coming and new levels of AK you won't really be that far behind.

you can get an artifact knowledge tome on your first 110 which immediately takes you to AK15, which is more than enough to get to 35 quickly. Go find a guild, recruitment is buzzing at least on my server so you should be fine. After that it's just doing m+ and raids. I can recommend leading your own "legendary farm" raids (lol), those fill up quickly and you'll be gtg to get some gear. Most people only need essences or a specific item to TF, so you can gear even faster.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Games shouldn't be "demanding"...they should be fun!

This game isn't demanding at all...Legion is the best expansion and the most fun I've ever had here (Joined mid TBC)...try it...if you aren't having fun...then drop...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    There is. It's shorter depending on average AK of players, so instead of taking 5 days per level, it's reduced gradually. And increases gradually as you gain on the others. It's the same for alts as for mains starting late. But you can skip the first 15 levels by buying AK research at your research dude, even if you're a new player, so that saves a lot of time...
    5? I've always 3

Deleted
    For 7.2, it will be hard to get into real progress. It takes 75 days to get AK to 25, without anything you can do about it. I suspect 7.2 will hit around June 20th. This would mean you can barely make it to Ak 25 before 7.2. I filled my 35 traits on my artifact with AK 20, but that involves a substantial grind. Its far better to get to Ak 26 and then fill the weapon.

But if you are willing to settle for heroic only for the moment and getting back into Mythic for 7.3, that should not be a problem.

You only need one char, not 15 at max level, after all. And heirlooms are updated to 110 soon.

Deleted
    Well if you come back to the game 1 month after 7.2 you are doomed because you are so damn behind on Artifact Knowledge that it´s not even funny. But if you want to rejoin, do it now.

Beware though, you have to stay subbed for 4 straight months unless you want to fall behind on AK eternally (or until 7.4 lel).

Deleted
    Game is more casual friendly then ever.
    People who complain are alts, they made it much more time consuming to play alts.

This game has a ton of content, but don't expect to just be able to enter without "attunement" Ilvl checks.
    Just progress at your own leasure, working on improving your item level which will open up harder content.

I've been lv110 now for 3 months and are at a ilvl where i can do heroic Gul'Dan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    5? I've always 3
    That was my point.

Deleted
    I used to raid 3-5 times a week for 8 years of WoW, altough i ended my WoD career pretty casually. I have not played legion at all. I got new job and new GF, just as it launched, and simply could not find the time/energy to start the leveling process. I have 15 lvl 100 characters, so its a bit of a job.

I have played a great deal of Overwatch, since its a fastpaced, 10-15 minute thrill each game. So its not so demanding and timeconsuming.

Now i start missing WoW a little bit, but the giant hurdle for me, is still the levelling process. The 10+ hours of - in my opinion - mindless level grind towars the end game, which is what i miss, does not apeal to me. That and the fact, that, from what i have read, i would be MILES behind in any Artifact Power grind, to get into any raid team at this point, make it seems like its not worth getting back.

I have not read anywhere of any kind of XP boosting flasks, like in WoD, and noone talks about gearing/playing alts. Is it really so impossible for new players, to be able to make an impact at this state of the game?

Please, this is not a troll post, but real questions from someone who misses WoW, but dont know if its worth investing time in still.
    i survived 6 toons. it was blockbuster awful. bzzd just cant storyline, cant map design (ever tried DS, yeah, u know shortcuts, replayability and stuff), cant even aestethics. but mechanics (its the most smoothest PvP/PvE XP ever). i rlly not just dislike but hate this Disneystyle fantasy: its like bonbon brutal. even though some of the characters (Arthas, Thrall, Jaina++) and their stories r critical, sad and inspiring overall its just awful. i have strong distaste 4 WoW and its freaking bugs and partially overarrogant devs (itz ok to be proud, but c`mon, pl need to enjoy the landscape 4fknever(we spend 5 digits 4 Azeroth Easy Jet), hm? thx for making my ghost Marathon tru Surumar City until the shitstorm got us the shuttle back (we should have on the isles btw, cuz u know, lifetime, convenience, iam already very punishing dissappointed to have been ganked by a 110 or faild on my own, y do u have to punish me with a time ticket?), or 2 crash my several time re-installed client when i open ticket system, cuz i have to file a bug report?). even if classes all consist of same sets, they play different, distinct, original. Legion is more balanced, more accesible, more fun (i never twinked, not even for progress until Legion).
    i know what i like and dislike on WoW, but i just cant find a conclusion if overall i like it or not. its one of those weird relations i encountered on my 39 years of spacetravel, where i just cant decide, maybe its because i already know the answer and just dont want to move on? y wouldnt i want to move on? but as long as i have fun (u know, dont mind the time invested, whats on tomorrows schedule, just taking a break from RL, beam me up blizz) i ll keep The Fires Of Justice burning, for Azeroth!

7.2 will enable heirlooms to 110, ak research time is already reduced (correct me if iam wrong: 1day/lvl). gearing was never that ez, 7.2 will even enhance that by boosting WQ Gear to 860 (5m Mythic lvl) and M+rewards, also craft legs guarantee 1 + maximized Bad Luck Protection (ca.1-3 weeks 2 first) = ETA 900+ 1-3 weeks depending on FL, guild, pugs, time investment.

btw: u do have the AoTCs to prove ur XP? than u know how it works? not only is recruitment for quality pl always open, but making friends, having fun etc is not just a ilvl/d but QoL boost, right?

It's easier than most people think. A friend of mine returned to Legion fresh from WoD a couple weeks ago, and in a week of (reasonable) farming and leveling, they were able to heal +6 mythics and clear normal Nighthold.

So, yes, you can catch up rather easily, especially with 7.2 going live next week.

You can have fun, you might even be able to raid HC.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't listen to them.

I dinged 110, 3 weeks ago, got 5 days total played and already am ilvl 880, got all my artifact traits and almost all AK.
    Still easy, just get some friends to help ya out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?