Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Oklahoma lawmaker thinks rape can ‘bring beauty from ashes’

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/george-...rape-abortion/

The Oklahoma House of Representatives passed a bill this week outlawing abortions in cases of fetal abnormalities.

In a follow-up statement to an Oklahoma NBC affiliate, Republican Rep. George Fraught hinted there was beauty in a pregnancy that resulted from incest or rape.

“Let me be clear, God never approves of rape or incest. However, even in the worst circumstances, God can bring beauty from ashes,” Fraught said.

House Democrats challenged Fraught’s no-exception House Bill 1549. Fraught defended his bill by stating on Tuesday that “rape and incest could be part of God’s will.” Video of his fringe position began making the rounds on Thursday.

“If you read the Bible, there’s actually a couple circumstances where that happened and the Lord uses all circumstances,” Fraught said. “I mean, you can go down that path, but it’s a reality unfortunately.”

Rep. Cory Williams questioned Fraught if rape and incest were the will of God.

“You won’t make any exceptions for rape, you won’t make any exceptions for incest in this, and you are proffering divine intervention as the reason why you won’t do that,” Williams said. “I think it is very important. This body wants to know, myself personally, whether you believe rape and incest are actually the will of God.”

“You’re saying that God is not sovereign with every activity that happens in someone’s life and can’t use anything and everything in someone’s life, and I disagree with that,” Fraught responded.

The bill passed with a 67-16 vote, and moves on to the Senate.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only good result from those would be if we castrated the guilty. But I do agree with the basic legislation's purpose.

Put him in prison for a while, let what happens, happen, after all, I'm sure it's part of "god's" plan!

This doesn't belong in 2017, maybe 1817?
    Seriously how can this even be discussed in this day and age?

Deleted
    Men.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Men.......
    Really? You're going to blame 3.5 billion people for this?

How about keeping religions away from the law?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Well, looks like they enjoy wasting the court's time overturning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Dude needs to keep his religion out of government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    How about keeping religions away from the law?
    But without religion, they wouldn't have any valid reason to force their morals and ideals on others!

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Really? You're going to blame 3.5 billion people for this?
    Women......

It should be illegal to argue in favor of any law on the basis of "it could be gods will"

If that is ANYWHERE in the reasoning for passing a law, it should be immediately usable as the reason to strike it down as unconstitutional. Your religion has no basis dictating to another females body.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Men.......
    You're a man yourself, do you include yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It should be illegal to argue in favor of any law on the basis of "it could be gods will"

If that is ANYWHERE in the reasoning for passing a law, it should be immediately usable as the reason to strike it down as unconstitutional. Your religion has no basis dictating to another females body.
    It should. But the dipshits who push this crap have enough support and power to gleefully ignore inconvenient parts of that pesky constitution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Women......
    Yeah you're not making it better.

Those who believe in imaginary entities should not be working in the government with a separation of church and state, especially if they favor the consequences of rape.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    You're a man yourself, do you include yourself?
    The sickest of burns there friend. This is why we love you, you're an innovator, willing to say out loud things the rest of us hadn't even thought of before

rumble rumble religious reasons yada yada

Guy should lose his job immediately and stick to washing cars.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Really, we should reserve power for those who DON'T seek it, rather than those who do. The OK legislator is just another prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Those who believe in imaginary entities should not be working in the government with a separation of church and state, especially if they favor the consequences of rape.
    I disagree. Those who let their religious beliefs influence their decisions in the office should not be working in the government.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am a Republican and strong Christian, and let me just say -

NOTHING GOOD WILL EVER COME FROM RAPE. EVER. JUST STOP.