Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    The source of the article question is known for shady and bad journalism and misleading people because of that.
    As are many of the sources that many people use on this site. Yet they believe those just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneras View Post
    I bet you'd pitch a fit if America backed out of NATO...
    Given my country isn't part of NATO - not really.

I think it'd be stupid for the US to do this. On the other hand i would kind of welcome it, because it would make a defensive pact within the EU necessary, which in turn would be an important steps towards united nations of europe - i hope i live to see the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    As are many of the sources that many people use on this site. Yet they believe those just fine.
    Like what? On the left the worst may be Huffington post but even their worst isn't even half as bad as Fox News.

Breitbart is just garbage and no better then the Dailystormer minus the obsession about jews.

Like what? On the left the worst may be Huffington post but even their worst isn't even half as bad as Fox News.

Breitbart is just garbage and no better then the Dailystormer minus the obsession about jews.
    Naturally, any side would call their source legitimate and the other's hogwash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post

I think it'd be stupid for the US to do this. On the other hand i would kind of welcome it, because it would make a defensive pact within the EU necessary, which in turn would be an important steps towards united nations of europe - i hope i live to see the day.
    An United States of Europe? No thank you *shivers*

Naturally, any side would call their source legitimate and the other's hogwash.
    Oh come on dude, I didn't even say that.

When I read something like Trumpphones or how Trump is part of a child trafficking scheme then we can have a honest discussion.

Oh come on dude, I didn't even say that.
    That is exactly what you said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation

United states of Europe? As an Austrian I would have though you had learned your lesson with the fate of Austria-Hungary.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    United states of Europe? As an Austrian I would have though you had learned your lesson with the fate of Austria-Hungary.
    Indeed i have. While the Austro-Hungarian Empire was able to integrate the czech and hungarian parts reasonably well (though it took way to long) - one of the reasons it ended was that they weren't willing to give the Balkans the same rights. The empire didn't crash because it was too big or there were to many different people. It treated its people differently and ultimately broke down - so lessons to learn: treat people equally.

(though you can also argue that the beginning of the end was with the rise of Prussia and 1866, it just needed a trigger)

Deleted
    That is exactly what you said.
    Can we please stop with the false equivalency, both parties arn't the same, similar to how not all biases are equal.

On topic: would still like a non-breitbart source for this

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Indeed i have. While the Austro-Hungarian Empire was able to integrate the czech and hungarian parts reasonably well (though it took way to long) - one of the reasons it ended was that they weren't willing to give the Balkans the same rights. The empire didn't crash because it was too big or there were to many different people. It treated its people differently and ultimately broke down - so lessons to learn: treat people equally.

(though you can also argue that the beginning of the end was with the rise of Prussia and 1866, it just needed a trigger)
    Integrate the Czechs well? Oh so that is why my ancestors had to fight for generations to get even basic rights. And in the end despite all the struggle, the monarchy was unwilling to give them the same status as the one the Germans had. As for Hungarians, they only stopped causing problems when they achieved near independence.

And Austria-Hungary fell apart because apart from Germans, everybody else was forced to be a part of it. As soon as it lost the ability to force everybody to stay in, it disintegrated. Oh and fun fact: The empire had a lot of German, Hungarian, Czech, etc. citizens, but no Austrians, just like the EU.

If idiotic politicians force though United states of Europe, they will fall apart during the first serious crisis.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    It treated its people differently and ultimately broke down - so lessons to learn: treat people equally.
    Do you have any examples of empires that treat people equally and be successful? Treating people equally has its costs, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.